Moments in Video Games that Give you the Greatest Pleasure

My wife and I would play Tomb Raider together. I would work the controls while we both tried to figure out the puzzles and where to go next.

It was a good time with much beer drank.
When i get a kill streak without dying in Smite. Thanatos OP plz no nerferino.
The first time I managed to survive the ambush at the Friendly Arm Inn back in the day. Stupid wizard.

Also, finding Superior Stone Hammers.
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
Even if PoE is by far the game I spent the most time on to date, the greatest pleasure I can get in video games is when I really get involved and commited to the story and/or the characters, and mostly it happened when I was a teen playing Final Fantasy games on PS1, Breath of Fire, Alundra, and all other games like that. I really miss those days since such experience almost never happens to me anymore with gaming. I have pretty accurate memories of me being really involved into these games at that time, and some games OST's almost became some kind of "my life" OST's back then. I know it may sound a bit weird, but yeah ^^
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on May 15, 2015, 6:57:45 PM
The only recent game that got me involved like that was The Secret World.
Scoring crit hit in Fallout 1 Demo with Minigun (I think it was), the sound and graphical effect were just awesome. Fallen in love with Fallout since then (1 and 2 only yo!).
Experiencing real fear when playing System Shock 2 and first Alien, feeling that a game can do that to you and realizing what a great thing it is.
Going through original Unreal, beautiful, beautiful game will remember that title forever.
Killing someone mid-air with rocket launcher or grenade launcher in Quake Live, oooohhhh yeah!
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"
gathor wrote:
Scoring crit hit in Fallout 1 Demo with Minigun (I think it was), the sound and graphical effect were just awesome. Fallen in love with Fallout since then (1 and 2 only yo!).
Experiencing real fear when playing System Shock 2 and first Alien, feeling that a game can do that to you and realizing what a great thing it is.
Going through original Unreal, beautiful, beautiful game will remember that title forever.
Killing someone mid-air with rocket launcher or grenade launcher in Quake Live, oooohhhh yeah!

Or when you remove someone's torso with a single shot from the Bozar in Fallout 2 and the legs just keel over.. Good times.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Throwing Dota 2 matches while having a bit of a giggle... mate.

Also Rampaging with CM's ult is always satisfying.
Halloween just isn't complete without pumpkin spiced pumpkin.
- Getting the right mood in any of Homeworld series games. I mean, the music, the writing, the views.

- Also, when some RNG ticks in, and gives you great stuff. Dem feels too. :D

- Playing a game (actually, not only video game here) with other people, and getting things right at the first try.

- Artillery bombardment in any RTS game, including Big Bertha, Millennium/Warlord, Buzzsaw/Vulcan spam in Total Annihilation, Basilisk in DoW WH40k... In general, I love naval bombardment, too bad so few games does it right ;____; Supreme Commander had some of it, but not as epic. :V anyone knows any new game which does it Total Annihilation style of bombardment?

- Plot twists in any story driven RPG, or jRPG. Epic fight turnarounds, etc. I loved the writing and in general the feels of Brutal Legend, including the Ophelia references and other stuff. Nice feels going on there. :D

+ MUCH MORE... gaming has many of THOSE MOMENTS, and can't quite pick only one... sorry OP. :D

"
TheWretch wrote:
"
gathor wrote:

Or when you remove someone's torso with a single shot from the Bozar in Fallout 2 and the legs just keel over.. Good times.

Bozar aka weapon-that-should-never-be-in-the-game. (also, Barrett) :D I used to have this insider joke with my friends, that if someone would go very very very bad, it would be equal to "bozar critical in the eyes". Good tiems.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on May 18, 2015, 2:45:07 AM
That sound in poe when you shatter frozen enemies. Especially if it's a large group.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on May 18, 2015, 6:55:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info