Midnight McDonalds Fiasco ([Removed by Support])

"
Rowen_Edge wrote:
"
"
TheWretch wrote:
ahahahhah who the fuck is talking about justice. Its the law. Hero complex x1000. Guess you still don't see it. Go on and right the worlds wrongs batman!

Again I do state I would not intervene again if I ever see something similar happen. Without having this experience I would do the same thing over again though.

It isn't a hero complex to know you have the ability to stop something heinous from happening and then doing so, it is being a decent human being.

I don't go out of my way to be part of any cause, or do charity etc. This has nothing to do with "righting the worlds wrongs" It is about a wrong taking place right in front of my face. I guess I know the type of person you are. If you ever saw someone being hurt or robbed, you would stand back and watch.

I certainly can't speak for Wretch, but I personally don't think that's what he's saying at all. The right play here was to call the police and let them do their jobs. It's a far cry from standing and doing nothing. Saying something to the guy, a verbal warning of calling the police, or even making a scene is another way to handle it.

But when you get involved physically, whether you have the ability to 'win' the fight or not, can get you in a lot more trouble than you may be anticipating.

I guess all I'm saying is there are other ways to be involved and diffuse a potentially dangerous situation.

Yeah I can agree with that.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
FadeXF wrote:
"
"
lolozori wrote:
It was all a plot from them to ask for money. I don t think she is ungrateful just both of them are crooks. Shit like that append a lot in Europe.

you try to help the pretty girl from the abusive bf and in the end both sue your ass and get free money.

Next time don t punch the guy but just tackle him on the floor.

I didn't consider this possibility...

That could be what happened.

Yeah that wouldn't really shock me - you would hope that in these situations the local police would be on to these types of scams - but who knows, in some corrupt places the police may even be in on it to boot.

Man I am glad this shit didn't happen to my in Italy. I could easily fall for something like that, Fluffy.

Besides hitting the guy, I think you were trying to just do the right thing. That sucks all around.

If it was a scam it is pretty effective. I lived in Vietnam for 2 years so I usually have a good eye for thieves and con artists. Playing off of cultural conditioning of "men should protect women" or "men should help the helpless" really is effective.
"

cultural differences or just an agry couple. he isnt assaulting her until he smacks her.

cultural differences can't save you from a lack of reading comprehension:

"

As I watch I see the man start to hit the woman.
Last edited by Darkfyre on May 12, 2015, 12:35:33 PM
"
Darkfyre wrote:
"

cultural differences or just an agry couple. he isnt assaulting her until he smacks her.

cultural differences can't save you from a lack of reading comprehension:

"

As I watch I see the man start to hit the woman.

already accessed and moved past SFB
No whiteknighting goes unpunished.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:

That is the lesson I learned from all of this.

It reminded me of why I am usually a selfish douchebag and why I don't usually concern myself with the hardship and suffering of others.

Fuck good deeds. =/
the old saying - nothing good happens after midnight - also applies to McDonald's in Singapore.
"
"
Xavderion wrote:

That is the lesson I learned from all of this.

It reminded me of why I am usually a selfish douchebag and why I don't usually concern myself with the hardship and suffering of others.

Fuck good deeds. =/

or, just play your part and call the cops, no more, no less.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
Fire's right. With no witnesses stating as such and only your word. He does have someone backing his version of events, his wife. You also got physical, stole and destroyed his property and fled the scene. You're 3/3. You'd get charged.

Taking the law into your own hands is not acceptable. Stop with the hero complex and see that you fucked up.

Unless I mistead the OP, he didn't throw the first blow, but only struck back after being hit himself. It doesn't sound like he used more force than necessary, so he would likely be within his self defense rights under penal code. Unlesss this was an unusual location, there would be both security cameras and witnesses. Lastly, there is a good likelihood this couple has a history of thos behavior and may even have a criminal record for such.

Part of being human is standing up when others are being harmed. There are some animals that will defend each other, but people depend on social constructs for their survival amd success. Without courage humanity would never have used fire, let alone fly, or build electrical power grids. One death, and we'd scamper back to the trees, sure to never risk our own hides again.

The OP did the right thing, and I doubt he did so because he was seeking any kind of glory. Had that been the case, he would have hung around the original scene to talk with onlookers and hopefully bask in their praise.

No. He didn't do the right thing. At least according to the LAW.

The End.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info