Midnight McDonalds Fiasco ([Removed by Support])

So I just had the craziest experience getting some McDonalds at 1am here in sunny Singapore. I've already ranted to my friends and family about the experience but there is still more rant left in me so I am writing it here for all you folks to see.

I had gone to the McDonalds to get a midnight snack. After I ordered and was waiting for my food I start to hear yelling. I look over and a middle aged Chinese couple is in a very heated argument. As I watch I see the man start to hit the woman. Being the foolish motherfucker that I am I decided to get between them and stop the abuse.

Maybe I should have taken the hint from all the local's reactions (or lack of reactions) and just stayed out of their way and let the dude beat the woman, but no. I had to play the white knight and protect this fat middle aged Chinese woman I do not know.

I go up and stand between them. I don't think they can speak English so I just put my hands up wordlessly preventing the guy from getting back at his wife. The dumb Chinese guy then decides to have a go at me. Now I am half his age, twice his size, and extremely fit (I run 10ks, practice muay thai, and lift weights frequently).

He manages to land a punch on me, [Removed by Support] That seemed to take the fight out of him, so I head back to collect my food and make my exit. Thinking to myself that I prevented an innocent woman from being beaten by her abusive husband / boyfriend.

BUT THEN the woman runs up to me and demands that I pay her husband for his medical bill....WTF W T F What. The. Fuck. I had just protected this woman from getting beat on and her shitstain of a husband tried to hit me as well so I took him down. AND YET somehow in this woman's mind I am the bad guy!

Now i am already riled up and her total lack of gratitude and preposterous notion of me paying the husband money gets me enraged. I tell her to fuck off and that I am not paying her ungrateful ass or her husband anything.

I collect my food and walk out of the store and they start to follow me...I see the husband is dialing a number, I don't know if he is foolishly trying to call the cops, or if he has some thug friends he is trying to get to gang up on me. So I make a grab for the phone to take it from him, but he manages to dodge my hand. So I slam him into a wall and forcefully take the phone out of his hand and throw it far away.

The woman (that I had saved from being beaten) porceeds to curse me out in a mix of English and Chinese while the husband looks for the phone I had thrown. I manage to walk away and head back to my apartment.

I feel like shit. I feel so angry. I tried to do a good deed. I tried to prevent a stronger person from assaulting a weaker person and I ended up being forced into a physical conflict myself and I got cursed at for my trouble.

In the future if I see a woman getting beaten in public I will think twice before intervening [Removed by Support]. Fuck them and fuck this night.

/true story
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on May 11, 2015, 2:54:37 PM
"
I had gone to the McDonalds to get a midnight snack.

Gross.
You assaulted a dude then stole his phone. If the cops catch up with you, you're fucked.

E: next time call the cops instead of trying to be a hero, lesson learned.

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on May 11, 2015, 2:46:23 PM
in singapore i think you get caned.
"
"
I had gone to the McDonalds to get a midnight snack.

Gross.

Na I love mcdonalds. <3
"
TheWretch wrote:
You assaulted a dude then stole his phone. If the cops catch up with you, you're fucked.

I prevented a man from assaulting a woman and then prevented him from further assaulting me.
"
"
TheWretch wrote:

I prevented a man from assaulting a woman and then prevented him from further assaulting me.

Says you. Him and his wife will say different. You got fucked dude. Again, no good deed goes unpunished. Take your lumps and learn your lesson. Call the cops next time.
"
"
TheWretch wrote:

cultural differences or just an agry couple. he isnt assaulting her until he smacks her.

doesnt matter, if you went to to court and they saw you threw the cell phone, the book would be thrown at you. obstruction of justice among other things here. assault, obstruction, fleeing the scene...the list could go on. i'd find a new fast food joint to slowly kill yourself at.
Last edited by FireWalkWithMe on May 11, 2015, 3:05:00 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
"
TheWretch wrote:

Says you. Him and his wife will say different. You got fucked dude. Again, no good deed goes unpunished. Take your lumps and learn your lesson. Call the cops next time.

I didn't get fucked in anyway. I am home and they are off wherever they were going. And yeah I did learn my lesson. I definitely won't help again, not in Singapore. I have helped break up a fight before without this sort of horrible outcome back in The States.

You say call the cops, but honestly how long can it take them to get there? In the meantime a husband is beating on his wife and people are doing nothing to help. I had no way of knowing they were both scumbags.
"
"
"
TheWretch wrote:

cultural differences or just an agry couple. he isnt assaulting her until he smacks her.

doesnt matter, if you went to to court and they saw you threw the cell phone, the book would be thrown at you. obstruction of justice among other things here. assault, obstruction, fleeing the scene...the list could go on. i'd find a new fast food joint to slowly kill yourself at.

He was hitting her.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info