Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

As i look at profiles and see no usenet rings. As I build builds myself and wonder what to fill sockets with usually a gimmick like CWDT set or some vaal gems which are weaker than my 6L attacks I think the idea of freeing up more gems sockets is spurious. We dont need more sockets by in large. Besides if they wanted to do that just put two sockets on a belt and be done with it. But they dont.

It's pretty obvious whats going on coupled with inner forces removal: they think auras are to powerful or to popular and are gonna make them harder to run a lot of them for vast majority of peeps.

Just come out and say that instead of making stuff up and giving us a 90EX gem to replace a 1EX gem which at end game invalidates your whole argument anyway. No more sockets free. Back to square one and 4L aura reducing. If you're rich of course.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 9, 2015, 4:46:52 PM
My issue with this GGG is cost and time, those gems aren't cheap as it is leveled....now the price is going to go through the roof and it's going to be GATED!!! Even none leveled ones are going to be a pretty penny, and then leveling them...have any of you at GGG leveled one before???!!! Utter BS, id rather you keep the reduce mana change, don't do enlighten change, but reduce the aura's reserve a tad bit more so it's like running a lvl 20 reduce mana but without it. That is of course if this was truly about opening up gem slots and I have a gut feeling its not. Cause I don't see how trading a fairy affordable gem for a ungodly expensive/pain in the ass gem to level is clearing up gem slots???!!! ...god I need a drink!

Edit...not to mention by the time you level one in no death realm, you're damn char could be dead by then...or you're burnt out, I don't like this at all...totally stupid! Unless you buy one straight up, so more for the rich, the rest get bent over a desk!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on May 9, 2015, 6:22:28 PM
I leveled 3 empowers all at same time in ambush. Took me 4 characters to ~90 to finally make them. Got one to lvl 4 vaaling. Point is is not impossible do DIY but damn near. Oh and Ambush was longer than current ladders so maybe I could never do it in current ladder. So yeah flip all day instead of play.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 9, 2015, 5:15:19 PM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

I remember reading somewhere a few days ago that the costs were going up to 30%. Maybe it was just someone speculating though.

They were 30% now they are 25%, i'm doubting this will be reversed.
Make Things For Smile!

Not bad, huh?
Make Things For Smile!
"
sfangwb wrote:
I don't like this change.

The problem is, is doesn't do what it sets out to do. All you're doing is replacing reduced mana with enlighten. Reduced mana used to be mandatory, now enlighten will be, except enlighten is much rarer, and as you said, will require corruption to reach the same levels. I feel like this will just result in an even greater wealth disparity than exists already. Rich players will have no problem buying up lvl 4 enlightens, and poor players will have to go without. It will still be necessary to reduce the amount of mana you reserve regardless, many builds have enough issues with mana sustainability as-is to be able to just play with 10% or so less mana than before. It just means that builds like cyclone, for example, will be forced to use blood magic again, or use mana leech gem, which really doesn't in any way make things better for anyone at all.

Either remove reduced mana reservation entirely and further reduce aura reservations or reverse this change and make reduced mana work again. Anything else is silly and will be detrimental to the enjoyment of the majority of player's game experience. The choice between having to run even fewer auras/heralds (which kills quite a few builds) or having to fork out a ton of currency to be able to run builds like buzzsaw or ele wander is not fun at all. You're just gating a bunch of builds behind a currency wall.

This is a well thought out.

"
sfangwb wrote:
One last thing; never ever balance around the top end potential.

Just because something has the capability of being overpowered if an insane amount of high-end gear is used, doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed. 99% of the players will never get there, so you're just pissing off 99% of your players to get at the 1% who can actually abuse the mechanics. This is not good design.

I just say this because I've noticed this seems to be a trend in balancing recently, and I really think it needs to be reconisidered.

So is this.

My 2 cents: Making elighten vs reduced mana has made every post by PoE players agree for once in the history of your game. Do auras need a change? yes, they need to be balanced without reduced mana. The way to do that is to not through another gem it is through skill tree. Buffing aura nodes slightly and lowering costs is probably the way to go. Even just reducing the costs significantly and leaving auras the same would be significantly better than this choice. 60% -> 50% + 10% reduced aura reserves in aura clusters would net you better results as far as gating an assist build behind passives instead of currency.

Balance based on the 90-95th percentile not the 99th.
"
AdzPoE wrote:

Not bad, huh?

OH wow, 10%!!! Let me do a dance and run around in per joy, enlighten with chew that up and spit it out...barely make any difference at all, ive leveled several empower gems at 100% increased and it's still pain in the ass, the one I carried around from the start took till I was in my 90's to hit max..
Last edited by justinmm1988 on May 9, 2015, 6:42:11 PM
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:

Not bad, huh?

OH wow, 10%!!! Let me do a dance and run around in per joy, enlighten with chew that up and spit it out...barely make any difference at all, ive leveled several empower gems at 100% increased and it's still pain in the ass, the one I carried around from the start took till I was in my 90's to hit max..

You can use other increased xp gain such as chitus apex, perandus signet and supreme truth too, shaving even more time, seems to me that jewel is basically what people ask for when they want enlighten to affect support gems (in a clever way).

The cynicism in this thread is rife.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 9, 2015, 8:18:49 PM
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:

Not bad, huh?

You can use other increased xp gain such as chitus apex, perandus signet and supreme truth too, shaving even more time, seems to me that jewel is basically what people ask for when they want enlighten to affect support gems (in a clever way).

The cynicism in this thread is rife.
I'm not sure if you're trolling or just failed grade 3 maths, but 10% of zero experience is still zero experience. A corrupted enlighten will not gain experience.

The literal effect of this change is that you require ZERO investment to run two auras and massive investment to run 3 or more - approximately 80% more points than you used to need depending on how close your build runs to a third aura cluster.

It's a really badly thought out change, there is no question about it. Even without the enlighten aspect, it means that in the new meta, cluster nodes won't get touched at all in 80% or more of builds. Where you used to be able to put in a moderate investment for a moderate return on auras, you now can't. That option is gone.
Last edited by Pathological on May 9, 2015, 10:14:45 PM
Gems corrupted or not will gain experience, as long as they are not at or over max level. So I think you missed the point. The jewel in question is what people were asking for, except that it only works on corrupted gems, instead of all gems. Perhaps there will be one similar that will adjust the gap on all gems, instead of simply corrupted ones. Even if it is limit 1, that would actually be *better* than the current enlighten.

I still don't think however that enlighten should become the new reduced mana, that still seems awkward to me. Either leave enlighten as it is or buff it, don't change what it does.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info