Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
Kaz2ndChance wrote:

Alright, show me 6 auras without "massive investments into gear/passives" and I'll eat my words. I wasn't trying to be condescending but I hate it when people spew untrue shit. I also hate people blindly worshiping GGG and arguing against those who don't when all we want to do is to make the game better.

You hate, that's all I hear from you.

zalsrevenge is saying it was never intended to be the way it is on live now. That is the problem, not the upcoming configuration.

Massive investment is not 1 item, a bunch of passives plus a gem and people get alot more than 6 auras currently

Peace.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 9, 2015, 2:24:39 PM
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
Kaz2ndChance wrote:
"
I don't think GGG ever planned on people being able to run 6 or more auras without massive investments into gear/passive trees.

And you can't run 6 auras w/o massive investments into gear/passive trees atm...this change would make that even worse. Please take a look at https://poe.mikelat.com/ and https://poe.mikelat.com/beta/ before you say another ignorant comment.

I just don't get why GGG feels the need to keep nerfing aura builds. Aren't the snapshot and Mortal Conviction nerfs enough?? If you truly want to remove the mandatory-ness of RM gem, GGG, you need to lower those reservation cost to the previous reservation levels (when using RM gem). This is currently NOT low enough and would mess up a lot of builds and piss off a lot of people, especially when they feel that the nerf is unjustified.

He has probably already done the numbers.

You shouldn't be so condescending and generally nasty over a tweak in a game.

zalsrevenge also happens to be right.

No offense but people on the beta have "done the numbers" too.

My most aura intensive build runs Grace, Purity of Lightning, Wrath, and Herald of Thunder. I am already largely invested. Level 20 RM, Alpha's Howl, and the majority of the passives on the tree. And I'm only running 3 Auras and a Herald. And I won't be able to do that in the current Beta. I would probably need a few more aura nodes, so now I'm grabbing all of the ones by the ranger AND sovereignty, and likely using an expensive Enlighten.

I don't see how running Low-Life with a 50ex chest piece, a bunch of aura nodes, and a Prism Guardian + Mortal Conviction isn't a huge investment. And 6 auras without all of that is basically not possible unless you count 3 Heralds and 40% auras as a build lol. I'm assuming a few 60% auras since those are the real ones.

As far as intentions… the average build can swing 1-2 auras and a herald. Is that not intended also? So what is intended? 1 Aura? Clearly not because they are lowering reservations.

Basically these changes are idiotic and pointless, and given that the expansion is already going to be half a year late, why the fuck are they screwing with reduced mana now?
Team Won
Last edited by ggnorekthx on May 9, 2015, 2:11:35 PM
"
ggnorekthx wrote:

My most aura intensive build runs Grace, Purity of Lightning, Wrath, and Herald of Thunder. I am already largely invested. Level 20 RM, Alpha's Howl, and the majority of the passives on the tree. And I'm only running 3 Auras and a Herald. And I won't be able to do that in the current Beta. I would probably need a few more aura nodes, so now I'm grabbing all of the ones by the ranger AND sovereignty, and likely using an expensive Enlighten.

I don't see how running Low-Life with a 50ex chest piece, a bunch of aura nodes, and a Prism Guardian + Mortal Conviction isn't a huge investment. And 6 auras without all of that is basically not possible unless you count 3 Heralds and 40% auras as a build lol. I'm assuming a few 60% auras since those are the real ones.

None taken, i'm in the beta.

Its supposed to need massive investment from now on is what I gather from the change.

I think zalsrevenge is referring to the fact that you do not need massive investment currently on live to run a lot of auras (which was never intended).
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 9, 2015, 2:17:34 PM
Good changes regarding the "reduced mana" and "enlighten" gems, i like it. Tho, i am not so sure about buffing the mana nodes...
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on May 9, 2015, 2:35:44 PM
So I gave it some thought and:
a) I have no real issue with RM not affecting auras.
b) Reducing base cost of auras is nice.
c) Enlighten apparently needs a buff, so yeah, cool.
Buts:
a) in this case RM actually needs a buff, probably -flat on skill costs or dropping it down to something like -70% at 20.
b) This is an actual issue. It's not that RM was mandatory, Auras are mandatory, they are a cheap way to buff your build while utilising otherwise useless resource, as someone already mentioned. If you can fluctuate between 95-100% of your mana wouldn't it be better to do it at 11-16% or even 1-6%? Of course it is better, and will be better, regardless of how many auras you can stack in those 94% otherwise useless mana.
c) So we arrive at change to Enlighten, by replacing it for old RM you kind of limited your option in buffing the passive nodes, since better node+Enlighten can (and will) get out of control and people would run most auras in the game. So instead why not make Enlighten give bonus damage to a skill per remaining mana. Like 1% bonus damage for ea 4/2/1/#% of unspent mana. It will give people incentive to not run auras and buff the gem. Now will 25/50/100/##% damage bonus be worth not running ANY auras? I don't know, maybe?
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
ggnorekthx wrote:

None taken, i'm in the beta.

Its supposed to need massive investment from now on is what I gather from the change.

I think zalsrevenge is referring to the fact that you do not need massive investment currently on live to run a lot of auras (which was never intended).

I know what zalsrevenge was saying, and as I already said: you DO in fact need above average investment currently (on live servers) to run 6 or more auras. His statement was simply one that was incorrect. Just use https://poe.mikelat.com/ and show me something solid.

imho there is currently nothing wrong with reservation costs. The need for RM is NOT a big deal for an average build that uses 3 auras. And the need for multiple RM gems is understandable for builds that use a lot of auras. I feel that auras are at a good place after the nerf to snapshotting and Mortal Conviction.
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
Last edited by Kaz2ndChance on May 9, 2015, 2:57:02 PM
"
Kaz2ndChance wrote:

I know what zalsrevenge was saying, and as I already said: you DO in fact need above average investment currently (on live servers) to run 6 or more auras. His statement was simply one that was incorrect. Just use https://poe.mikelat.com/ and show me something solid.

imho there is currently nothing wrong with reservation costs. The need for RM is NOT a big deal for an average build that uses 3 auras. And the need for multiple RM gems is understandable for builds that use a lot of auras. I feel that auras are at a good place after the nerf to snapshotting and Mortal Conviction.

We aren't talking about "above average" investment though are we?

There's no need in trying (and failing) to discredit everyone by flashing around a link, you are wrong on this topic.

Peace.
Make Things For Smile!
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
Kaz2ndChance wrote:

We aren't talking about "above average" investment though are we?

There's no need in trying (and failing) to discredit everyone by flashing around a link, you are wrong on this topic.

Peace.

haha dude, I'm done trying to talk sense with you. Seems like you just reject everything I have to say without giving it much thought.

Peace indeed. Don't expect a reply from me.
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
"
Kaz2ndChance wrote:

haha dude, I'm done trying to talk sense with you. Seems like you just reject everything I have to say without giving it much thought.

Peace indeed. Don't expect a reply from me.

I have read every comment you made, considered your opinion.

I think you seem to be talking as a person scared for your current build on live and not really thinking about what the awakening will bring.

These changes are necessary, thrilling to perceive and dare I say it enlightening. :P
Make Things For Smile!
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
iHaku wrote:
+ level 4
= 3 free auras :D same with +1 gloves =)

Huh?

lvl5 Enlighten has an 80% multiplier
lvl21 Reduced Mana has a 70% multiplier

So still a lot worse even after getting an expensive lvl4 gem and being forced to use crappy +1 gem item. Yeah, some auras are going down in cost but Heralds for example are going up in cost.

Plus high level Enlighten gems will be pretty much non-existent in the leagues so people can forget about building around auras. The few lvl3 and corrupted lvl4 gems will be out of reach of the average player.

Heralds in beta are the same as in live now, 25% reservation.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 9, 2015, 3:37:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info