So what's the deal with atrocious map drops lately ?

while it may be RNG, and if it IS just RNG, map drops should be upped, I'm a longterm highendish POE addict, and I quit the 5day because i couldn't get above like a lvl 70 map pool, and now in this one month league I've run hundreds of properlyish rolled maps and can't get above a 70-71 Map pool-- I used to stop playing leagues out of boredom, the last few times i've played it will be stopped playing out of frustration, and that leaves a much worse taste in players mouths
Last edited by jgyoung on May 13, 2015, 4:18:25 PM
"
ylyndar wrote:
while it may be RNG, and if it IS just RNG, map drops should be upped, I'm a longterm highendish POE addict, and I quit the 5day because i couldn't get above like a lvl 70 map pool, and now in this one month league I've run hundreds of properlyish rolled maps and can't get above a 70-71 Map pool-- I used to stop playing leagues out of boredom, the last few times i've played it will be stopped playing out of frustration, and that leaves a much worse taste in players mouths

That taste in our mouths... pretty sure that's shit that some ninja-nerfer shoved in there when we weren't looking.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
Same shit as always in these threads, tinfoil hat basless claims that drops have been nerfed when they have never been nerfed only buffed coupled with chirs stating that high end maps are not intended to be sustainable.

You lot get the wrong idea because you managed to get lucky for a while and kept the maps up and think thats the norm when it's not, like tossing a coin and "always" getting heads then it randomly changes to tails for a while...dose that mean it's nerfed? dose it hell...all it ever means is that at some stage you're going to get a negative result and that negative result can happen just as many times as you have been lucky.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 14, 2015, 9:08:00 AM
Im with lagwin1980 on this one... and im quite tired of explaining how map drops work and how to tilt RNG in your favor! Its quite simple.... If you are not seeing decent map drops beyond 70 then try rolling them differently! Rolling them for Exp and rolling them to help up the chances of more map drops are 2 entirely different things meaning your maps need to be rolled 2 entirely different ways!

Its called risk vs reward and as long as you guys keep rolling easy Magic Monsters and Pack Size on your maps only then your never gonna see maps drop worth a damn! Take some risk.. theres a reason why those mods on maps you skip give WAY more quantity on the maps than rolling pack size! And the Quantity matters on your maps when you roll then contrary to popular belief! Those half regen maps and reflect maps... i run the shit out of them and guess what... maps come quite easy! sure i may die in some of my maps or have to take 20-30 mins to fully clear out a map rolled in this fashion but then again i dont have issues with map drops either!

And if the map drops have been stealth nerfed as you claim then why do i see maps fall out of the sky when i roll my maps for drops? The same reason you are not seeing maps drop because your simply not rolling them correctly for what your intentions are to get out of the map! Theres also a reason Zana has very pricey mods to add to your maps! And those extra Sacrifice Pieces you can't find midnights to finish sets.. Well in case you didnt know you can add those to your maps and increase the Quantity as well!
Theres countless ways to tilt RNG in your favor in regards to map drop rates you just have to be persistent and willing the take some risk or invest to earn your rewards! And ofcourse... a little luck too! ;)

Easy Maps=Exp and shit drops!
Hard Maps=Maps and Rares raining from the sky!

Besides if you cant get maps beyond 70 because of the way you roll them then what are you gonna do once you start getting the 76+ maps? Your most likly gonna waste them in either the way you roll them or try to solo them and still end up right back where you are now.. out of maps and throwing out wild conspiracy theory's about how map drops are broken when in reality its the way you handle and roll your maps thats causing the issue!

I can prove my Theory... you take 10 maps and roll them YOUR way!
Then take 10 maps rolled MY way and lets see whos maps give what in return!
But then im quite sure atleast 7 out of my 10 maps you will just turn your nose up to saying thats WAY too rippy or gonna take WAY too long to clear out or simply not worth running because its a death sentence for your build! But it still proves my point either way!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on May 14, 2015, 10:41:48 AM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Same shit as always in these threads, tinfoil hat basless claims that drops have been nerfed when they have never been nerfed only buffed coupled with chirs stating that high end maps are not intended to be sustainable.

You lot get the wrong idea because you managed to get lucky for a while and kept the maps up and think thats the norm when it's not, like tossing a coin and "always" getting heads then it randomly changes to tails for a while...dose that mean it's nerfed? dose it hell...all it ever means is that at some stage you're going to get a negative result and that negative result can happen just as many times as you have been lucky.

Baseless claims ? Are these the same baseless claims that items and currency were disappearing for a month ? When you put in 1000's of hours of playtime over several years you can spot things that are different... maybe it's not quantifiable with a hard number because we are never given the numbers. Saying map drops, or carto drops, or even carto boxes spawning, has been reduced over the last couple leagues is NOT baseless.

Yes I agree it's on purpose because we are not supposed to maintain a map pool. So given it's supposed to get harder on purpose. Also given that it is getting harder, but GGG never comes out and says they've reduced a drop rate. Then we can expect more and more of the people that have played for so long to notice something amiss and make a forum post.

Nemesis league was the easiest by a mile for 3 months to run back to back to back 77's and 78's. And then it got a little harder to maintain but we could still maintain 77+ in ambush, invasion, bloodlines, it got harder and harder to maintain and with each league it's getting harder.

come up to present and the requirement to maintain a map pool is much higher than at any point going back to the introduction of the laboratory. Anyone that's been mapping since day one knows this, they just can't "prove it".

Oh well time to put our tinfoil hats back on and pretend that things are not happening server side without our knowledge because GGG is the most open and communicative company ever.
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
Baseless claims ? Are these the same baseless claims that items and currency were disappearing for a month ?

You mean the bug that was shown to be only there for a few weeks, the roll back which are totaly diffrent or the twits who claim to have items go missing when they are in crafting benches or currency when they use crafting benches or the zana map mods without realizing that it still paid for from your stash or the "bug" that is pressing X and swapping weapon without realizing it.

Because if you want to go over this i'm prety sure you'll find it mostly player error bar the first 2.

So yes...basless claims when you have zero proof to offer other than "Durr i have no map drops"
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
Baseless claims ? Are these the same baseless claims that items and currency were disappearing for a month ?

You mean the bug that was shown to be only there for a few weeks, the roll back which are totaly diffrent or the twits who claim to have items go missing when they are in crafting benches or currency when they use crafting benches or the zana map mods without realizing that it still paid for from your stash or the "bug" that is pressing X and swapping weapon without realizing it.

Because if you want to go over this i'm prety sure you'll find it mostly player error bar the first 2.

So yes...basless claims when you have zero proof to offer other than "Durr i have no map drops"

I meant the first one in your list. The bug that was there for weeks, that GGG knew about, but didn't tell anyone they were working on.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1268744

I didn't have any proof that items were disappearing when I posted in around a dozen threads that it was happening. I guess those are all baseless claims by your logic because players can not prove something disappeared when they don't have it anymore. These baseless claims that turn out to be real and confirmed by GGG should come with a tinfoil hat microtransaction......I'd have dozens of tinfoil hats that I could undo, wrap around my potato and put on the Bar-B
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
"
Demonoz wrote:
sure i may die in some of my maps

Nice job. Mind sharing your highest level character and how many high level maps you have?

IGN: Inshiterate
So this is art? Awful lousy way to make coin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info