So what's the deal with atrocious map drops lately ?

it is called standard league and people there don´t alt+f4 everytime they make a mistake unlike people who call themselves "hardcore" players, most of people calling it softcore probably would not make it pass lvl 40 without having to instantly close the game everytime they are about to die...

But in their minds they still think they are "hardcore"
IGN: RFFP
"
andkamen wrote:
eh cartos unless in a 77/78 are next to useless.

Last time I got one in a 76 the map had about 80 IIQ and I rolled mirrored + 1 level and got ...2 76s and some other random crap.

Basically once you hit 93ish+ doing anything less than 77s is mostly a waste of time unless you are doing it to get some 77s/78s

top quantity roll is 60 max, just fyi
ign - FancySneakyDevil

top quantity roll is 60 max, just fyi[/quote]
60%? wtf r you talking about i run maps at 100% and some realy messed up corrupted maps go up to 160% iq
"
jackof8lades wrote:

"
top quantity roll is 60 max, just fyi

60%? wtf r you talking about i run maps at 100% and some realy messed up corrupted maps go up to 160% iq

failfish
why this common knowledge is secret for you

map quantity or MF from ur gear don't affect boxes drop, only box rolls matter
it affect drop from mobs/exiles it spawn only

wiki quote

Like chests, Increased Item Quantity from gear does not increase the number of items dropped from a strongbox. However, map quantity and the number of players do increase the number of items dropped from most strongboxes.[3] The only exception is the Cartographer's Strongbox, where the number of players does not increase the amount of map drops.
ign - FancySneakyDevil
Last edited by Doitfrlulz on May 13, 2015, 9:22:32 AM
You may want to re read that wiki quote. I states that map Q does affects carto boxes but number of player quantity bonus doesn't.

It's also very obvious in game when you pop a carto in a 100%+ Q map.
"
Triplebuze wrote:
You may want to re read that wiki quote. I states that map Q does affects carto boxes but number of player quantity bonus doesn't.

there is only Chris email confirmation with question about boxes interaction with quant/rarity in general so we can only guess how it affect Carto with drop restrictions
ign - FancySneakyDevil
"
Doitfrlulz wrote:
"
Triplebuze wrote:

there is only Chris email confirmation with question about boxes interaction with quant/rarity in general so we can only guess how it affect Carto with drop restrictions

mb try understanding what it is you r actualy reading helps a lot more then just quoting stuff you clearly dont understand.
"
jackof8lades wrote:
"
Doitfrlulz wrote:
"
Triplebuze wrote:

mb try understanding what it is you r actualy reading helps a lot more then just quoting stuff you clearly dont understand.

<Removed by Support>
"looks like"
but then BAM - and carto not affected
ign - FancySneakyDevil
Last edited by Eben_GGG on May 13, 2015, 11:38:59 AM
I've ran a 190iiq 78 on hc recently. IIQ definitely affects box and currency drops.
Its especially noticeable on olmec maps with easy 170-180iiq before you give it 2-3 fragments.

I never said that my mf affects the map drops. No idea where you got that part from
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
RNG

today i played a corrupted 77 map 20quality with 45monster pack 44 magic pack and a total of 150%iiq or so and dropped a lvl 71 map.
then i played a shrine 165%iiq or so and dropped 2*78, 2*77 2*75 and 1 73

you will ALWAYS run out of maps if your average maps are about 70-80%iiq, sometimes slowly or faster, soemtimes you play 7-8 maps with just 1-2 map drops

playing maps 100%+ iiq average ( simply corrupting every map after 20%+alch, btw i do this only on lvl 77 maps ), you will end with more maps than at the beginning
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on May 13, 2015, 1:13:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info