So what's the deal with atrocious map drops lately ?

Hi,

It's been 2-3 weeks now that I have begun to play Hardcore. Is there a nerf to map drops in HC or something ? I'm about to turn 78 and the best maps I've found so far, since I turned 70+, are level 71, and just a small handful of them.

I'm constantly joining map parties to compensate, because I can't sustain my map stock. This has NEVER happened to me before when playing softcore, at least for the last past year !

At first I thought it was just bad RNG, but map simply don't seem to drop as often as before even in full-party maps.

Or is it related to recent changes (ninja updates) in prevision of the expansion ?

I'd like an official answer if possible :D

Thx !
basically GGG just ninja nerfs drops only for specific people so they can enjoy these funny threads and get their players crazy , it`s already widely known. I know your
"
This has NEVER happened to me before when playing softcore, at least for the last past year !
and your experience with your level 78 character is absolutely undeniable but some people will try laughing at your face with arguments like " your biased as fuck" and "rng is rng" but you don`t have to listen to those naysayers who actually believe jet fuel can melt steel beams .Go strong!
You didn't understand my point (or maybe I wasn't myself clear enough) : unless official/verified/documented feedback from the community, I will continue to believe it's only a streak of bad luck.
That's why I'm asking here if there's any specificity to HC (since I'm new to HC) or pre-nerf related to the coming patch.
Of course, I'll be more than glad if the answer is No :)
Last edited by FNX_Heroes on May 7, 2015, 5:21:06 PM
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:

At first I thought it was just bad RNG, but map simply don't seem to drop as often as before even in full-party maps.

I am not 100% sure as I play solo, but I think party bonus does not affect the map drop rate. I have not noticed any huge difference in map drops on HC recently and I have played perm, 5 day, 1 month, bl etc etc, did you run more dangerous map mods on SC? the increased IIQ would of helped your drop rate if that was the case.

You probably already know this, just mentioning it in case :)
Last edited by Varkorium on May 7, 2015, 5:32:57 PM
The answer is no.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Full party maps are used to spread the currency burden (rolling maps) around, not increase map drops.
map drop are fine
IGN TylordRampage
RNG is RNG.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
(or maybe I wasn't myself clear enough)

Exactly.

Apart from that, if you EVER AGAIN have the suspicion that there might have been changes to the drop rates, take a look to the Top5 threads in General Discussion and you'll have your answer. In other words: if there'd be an official announcement for 0,000001% lower drop rates there'd be a thread named "I WILL KILL YOUR CHILDREN CHRIS WILSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" with 200 pages of replies within 1 hour, and another one stating "FINALLY GGG MAKES THE GAME MORE HARDCORE!!!!!!!" with just as many replies.

Same would be true if they'd raise the drop rates. So basically, just look out for CAPSLOCK and tears.
RNG, thank god for trade is all I can say. Use it and never feel the pain.

PS WTS 78 maps 3:2ex
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 8, 2015, 12:07:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info