State of the Beta

"
thefredz wrote:
"
prilletime wrote:

I'm pleased with the game, but the quality of information and hype should make any human puke unless theyr ready to get hustled. ( Or pay to get dissapointed, if that's more gentle) ...

I think you should reread your 4356 letters long rant and tell me with a straight face that you sound like someone who love the game and that you are not sounding like a lunatic who hate the developers and their visions of the game.

This game is not for everyone and the Dev team doesn't have as much resources as the other players in the industry. And 3 guys that started working out of a garage managed to bring a game much deeper than what the AAA companies usually bring to the table and yet GGG remain humble and ethical in the way the go about monetization.

So don't be surprised if people that support GGG come out and call you out on your bullshit when you go out of your way to attack them and basically calling them scammers and saying they hustles people out of their money, because you are unhappy about the direction they decided to take the game or because they dont work fast enough for you.

Not my problem that I can see several posts about " Can I KEEP MY Closed Beta Items"?
Not my problem that people are so hyped about the closed beta that they failed to read the message they got from GGG stating there will be character wipes etc...
Not my problem that this information failed to reach the new supporters?

Is it so hard to undertand that more active player equals more fun for everyone?

Most smart people probably knows that this expansion release wont happen until Late August / October anyway.

I Love the game. I HATE the way GGG treats people... Especially since the announcement of CB...

But I guess 3 months of testing Closed beta = Atleast 30 Mirror of Kalandras that will get deleted... I give up... Most ppl wont get the point & understand shit anyway and remain noobs in the game. They have to read "HOW TO PLAY POE" WHAT BUILD IS BEST? Well u can find a decent one in the PoE forums at anytime or fail miserably urself as a new player...

Last edited by prilletime on May 4, 2015, 9:41:54 PM
"
prilletime wrote:

Not my problem that I can see several posts about " Can I KEEP MY Closed Beta Items"?
Not my problem that people are so hyped about the closed beta that they failed to read the message they got from GGG stating there will be character wipes etc...
Not my problem that this information failed to reach the new supporters?

Most smart people probably knows that this expansion release wont happen until Late August / October anyway.

I Love the game. I HATE the way GGG treats people... Especially since the announcement of CB
]

ok then why don't you tell us how you would have liked them to handle CB in a constructive manner and not in a 4600 letters long uncomprensible rant?

I would love to hear your point of view in a way that is actually comprehensive
In all fairness, Mirrors are one of the most useless items in the game anyway, so meh.

Hope you took a screenshot of it and used it wisely!
"
prilletime wrote:

But I guess 3 months of testing Closed beta = Atleast 30 Mirror of Kalandras that will get deleted... I give up... Most ppl wont get the point & understand shit anyway and remain noobs in the game. They have to read "HOW TO PLAY POE" WHAT BUILD IS BEST? Well u can find a decent one in the PoE forums at anytime or fail miserably urself as a new player...

Most people don't have the amount of empathy your sheer frustration and borderline rage indicate. It's far more likely that you didn't understand the impermanence of a beta - you mention lost Mirrors so many times, it makes me wonder if you're someone who found one. Maybe a Shav's? Who knows.

Sorry you lost/are going to lose an amazing item you found. If you're playing a game like Path of Exile, and bought a beta key or won one, you most likely know that a closed beta is about testing the game and providing feedback first and foremost, not playing the game for funsies. Yes GGG wants feedback on how enjoyable it is, but, and I know this will anger you, they know what statistics they need and how to get them.

GGG should not be blamed for the ignorance of a very small minority of its playerbase.
Last edited by Eliteish on May 4, 2015, 10:07:31 PM
"
[Removed by Support]

Did you really expected people to read a 4600 letter long rant where all you did was bitch and moan?

get real it had no substance and didn't bring up anything of value,

why not post your opinion and feedback in a readable and constructive format and maybe people might take your posts seriously
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on May 4, 2015, 10:43:32 PM
"
prilletime wrote:
[Removed by Support]

Can you just quit PoE? You're spending hours of your life ranting about how a company which offers a free game to the public is supposedly exploiting people. Think about that.

GGG is one of the most admirable, ethical gaming companies out there, and you're putting them down. We're all loving this game and the company that makes it, because it's a fresh breeze in the gaming industry.

You've supposedly been playing PoE since closed beta - how many hours in total? And instead of buying a single supporter pack for all the hours of fun which GGG has given you the opportunity to enjoy - you bash them? Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Or, you know, just enjoy the free game, and be kind to people. You have no idea what it's like to spend a day in GGG's shoes, with dozens of things to do, but limited resources. You have no idea what it's like to run a small business.

[Post Edited by Support]
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on May 4, 2015, 10:46:49 PM
Impossible to improve on that.
There is no excuse to a post like that. It is OFFENSIVE and ban worthy. You don't bring justice to a criminal by killing him, but by being better than him and showing him a better way.

I read the so said "rant". Some things I agree, some I disagree. But there is no point in discussing it with people that only understand insults and violence.
http://slysherz.blogspot.com
"
[Removed by Suppoort]

This thread, page 27, 2nd post from the top.

I know my post was vulgar, but I stand by it. This is a scenario where an organization is passing out freebies and a guy comes around who takes the freebies for years, while berating them about what a shit job they're doing. I know I'm white-knighting, but in this case I'm okay with spending 5 minutes to write up a post.

Sorry for offending you.
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on May 4, 2015, 10:49:34 PM
"

There's no reason to go there given the current level required to finish the game. The extra levels are just extra time and mindless grinding. Nothing new to see.

Too much real life to participate in and too many new ideas to try.

thats fair play mate and Im not suggesting theres anything wrong with that at all. but those higher levels are in the game for people crazy enough to want them, to want to grind like that. Theres people who finish the game on normal at lvl32 and theyre done, why would they want to repeat the same game 3 times in a row? they finished it, killed Dom, game over.

Heres the thing with level scaling though, in beta right now act3 normal City of Sarn is lvl23, Lunaris Temple is lvl29, the game is expecting you to progress 6 character levels from Sarn to Lunaris. Act3 cruel? Sarn lvl48, Lunaris lvl51, its expecting you to get 3 levels in that span. Merciless Sarn is lvl63, Lunaris is lvl64, 1 character level. By the time you hit the 80s in an act like this you would start Sarn at lvl83 and the zone would be lvl83, youd kill Dominus in the Sceptre and that zone would be lvl83, youd start the next act and the first zone would be lvl83, look at your characters xp bar and you would be 40% of the way through lvl83.

You really think this game is going to have enough acts to level you and the zones to 90 within the story line in the next 10 years? I dont see that happening, I dont even think they would want that to be a reality because grinding 80-100 is there for people who want to play for that long, and that isnt most people.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info