[Item Filter] One Filter to Rule Them All 4.9.2 (Updated 2021-10-25 / EOL)

Hey bro, hope you update the filter for 2.5. Love the sounds and the almost-vanilla look of it, thanks for the hard work.
oftrta 2.5 with that performance optimization will be pretty nice. I can't stand neversink's colors. it doesn't fit the game.
It will be updated, it's almost ready. Should be available a couple hours before the league starts.

I've seen the performance thread on reddit, long story short, that has (mostly) been implemented since version 2.0 of this filter, which was released in october 2015 I believe.

I remember contacting support about that:

"
Muldini wrote:

Hey,

I've written a filter¹ that is quite popular and would like to improve it performance wise.

I was wondering who I can get in contact with regarding a couple of questions about performance tuning.

It's very likely to be someone who actually implemented it.

Things I'm curious about:
- Are all conditions in a block checked or does it skip to the next block as soon as one condition fails?

- Does numerical comparison use less resources than string comparison? (E.g. would it make sense to have those checks first in a block?)

- Is there a difference between two blocks for one basetype each and one block that's dealing with both basetypes performance wise?

- Are there any other pointers that we filter creators could use on our end to improve performance without losing specific design goals?

Thanks a lot!

This was their answer:

"

1. Yes, all conditions in a block are checked.
2. Sort by conditions that would remove the most items first
3. Yes, each block is executed independently
4. Smaller filters = faster
One Filter to Rule Them All: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1259059
Last edited by Muldini on Dec 1, 2016, 4:50:31 AM
simply the best filter for my playstyle!
thank you for all the hard work you put on the filter.
"
Muldini wrote:
It will be updated, it's almost ready. Should be available a couple hours before the league starts.

Good to hear! This really is the one filter to rule them all.
ty ty ty...the best filter for my!
Thanks for your work Muldini in keeping the best filter alive!
Your filter is the only one I really like. Thank you so much for the hard work and making it available for us all.
Hey Muldini,

thanks for your hard work. I use this filter as a base for my own (I think item filters should be personal) and you are doing a really good job. Just one thing: could you provide your patches in uniformed format (--unified for GNU diff)? It is much easier to read those.

Thanks and keep going please.
Appreciate all the hard work you do keeping this great filter up to date!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info