SFL league poll

Absolutely correct, MoonYu.

Good post
The splitting the player-base argument is amusing.

The player base is already split. There are the ones playing and the ones not playing.
"
Moonyu wrote:
90% would leave in two weeks. Interesting assumption, I would like to know the basis of fact you drew that from.

It still seems to me that you dislike the idea so no one else should be allowed to want it.

And as to splitting the player base, its possible, but highly unlikely. There are races, pvp, hc, sc, and leagues already and the game is doing fine.

All this points to you not clearly thinking your argument through simply because you dislike the idea. Please try harder next time.

I think you need to re-read my post again. You litterally took the 2 points out of it you can change around abit and left the rest out, i guess because it's to hard to answer those.

Just fyi i am not against a SF league. I just don't think it would fit this game. You can try and explain to me how it could ever work with so many different items that can't be class/spec based (So no drops like in diablo) not to mention the different orbs that PoE uses. John was complaining earlier he couldn't find any gear for his build he was doing. Do you even realize how much would need to drop to cover every single build in the game. And it would all need to drop at the same time. It just makes no sense.
Miská

You are contradicting yourself.

You say that you would play in a sfl with improved drop rates.
You say that you would quit after two weeks when you have every item that you want.

Which is it?

SFL players do not need improved drop rates. They just recently improved top tier drops by 400% globally.

All we want is a damn ladder!
Last edited by xxSerpentlordxx on Sep 26, 2015, 6:13:47 PM
"
Miská

You say that you would quit after two weeks when you have every item that you want.

Which is it?

SFL players do not need improved drop rates. They just recently improved top tier drops by 400% globally.

That's not contradicting at all. You just don't understand what i mean. The increased drop rates needed to satisfy the people in this thread would be so gigantic i would be bored after 1-2 weeks of playing because i will have everything i want + thousands of every currency. Why keep playing?

Most complaints and pro SFL arguments are about the poor drop rates, the impossible finding your own gear etc. Now it's suddenly only about a ladder? I think it is you who is contradicting sir!
"
Miská wrote:
"
Miská

Which is it?

That's not contradicting at all. You just don't understand what i mean. The increased drop rates needed to satisfy the people in this thread would be so gigantic i would be bored after 1-2 weeks of playing because i will have everything i want + thousands of every currency. Why keep playing?

Most complaints and pro SFL arguments are about the poor drop rates, the impossible finding your own gear etc. Now it's suddenly only about a ladder? I think it is you who is contradicting sir!

I have engaged in countless discussions about sfl. I have never requested a change in drops. Also I do not want a sfl. I want a permanent SF ladder much like standard and hardcore except one that is not an item dump from other leagues that come to an end.

At this point though, I would be happy with a new permanent economy. Hardcore and standard are broken and this game is not even the same thing it was three years+ ago.
"
Miská wrote:

It's not a contradiction, it's a generalization.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Miská wrote:
"
Miská

Which is it?

I find it strange that you would use the false argument that you would love the higher quality drop rates and that you would then get bored and quit in 2 weeks. Here's why:

1. An SFL is a new pair of leagues.
2. You should stay in current leagues and never play SFL.
3. You not liking SFL is not justification for GGG to not make it.
4. By that illogic GGG should stop making HC leagues as I don't like permanent death.

I always find it irritating that the comments on why there should not be an SFL are about too much loot and then... I have everything so it's game over. No one has ever said we want a rain of T1 gear for every zone or map. Proponents of SFL have never advocated for raining high quality loot all the time. All we want is a much better rewards/time ratio so 1000s of hours of time to get any great gear isn't required. For example, In well over 1000 hours and all my playing of dozens of builds from CB PoE to today, I have never gotten a 6L drop and only have five 5L gear. Also to date I have never amassed anywhere close to 1500 fusings to buy craft a 6L chest or weapon. That may be ok with the elite no-lifers but that much grind time and no 6L drop is way over the top too much grind (and high but bad RNG) for me and many a PoE fan has quit out of frustration over the super high grind for little rewards that PoE has always had.

On other points that are stated for reasons to not have an SFL which are also wrong:

1. SFL is a no-trade league. Has to be as otherwise that would wreck economy of other leagues.
2. No-trade does not mean gear has to be class bound like D3 has.
3. SFL is only for those that don't have 1000s of hours to play current leagues.
4. Anyone ok with current drop rates should never play in SFL (No one is forcing you to play it).
5. SFL would bring back players who have quit over grind forever for no good drops.
6. SFL would bring in new players that love D3 but otherwise would never play PoE.
7. Bringing back old players and drawing in new players would not deplete existing leagues.

As far as GGG should view this, it should be a win/win for them. More players overall will mean more mtx's for GGG and more ways to play means more happy players.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Miská wrote:

Where did anyone demand these specific "gigantic" increases? Of course the drop rates would have to be increased for a SFL. It's no secret that the current end-game is built around trading and economy, which wouldn't exist in a SFL. I don't think that we would need drop rates increased to the point of "having everything I want + thousands of currency in 1-2 weeks".

I don't understand why there has to be 1 extreme side or the other, and there can't be a happy middle ground, where you find decent gear for actually playing the game.
Forum probation for calling someone a 'troll', so I lifetime banned myself from spending money on PoE.
"
nGio wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

Where did anyone demand these specific "gigantic" increases? Of course the drop rates would have to be increased for a SFL. It's no secret that the current end-game is built around trading and economy, which wouldn't exist in a SFL. I don't think that we would need drop rates increased to the point of "having everything I want + thousands of currency in 1-2 weeks".

I don't understand why there has to be 1 extreme side or the other, and there can't be a happy middle ground, where you find decent gear for actually playing the game.

Well you do actually find decent gear by playing the game, it is rarely items that your current build can profit from that drops tho, not only because POE was not designed to be played as self found but also because there are thousand of items that can be deemed useful depending on your build / class / level etc...

I can understand that it can be frustrating for Self Found players but at the same time this is an online game we are talking about.

The whole purpose of SFL is to play solo and not trading and I personally fail to see why GGG should promote that on their online game. If you don't want to take part on the core elements of the game (which are trading and partying) you can either play offline games or accept that you will have way lower chances to get the items you crave, asking the devs to change the game to suit your gameplay won't help IMHO.

I have to agree with Miská here, to have a really viable experience as self found you would need to increase the drops quite a lot as, no matter what. players will still want to use GG items like Shav, Windripper and so on. Plus you will also need to socket, link and color these items to make then useable. Good luck doing that without trading if the drop rates are not extremly buffed, I personally used 2k+ fusings on some pieces without getting a 6L.....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info