Thoughts on Shotgun Nerfs to FP?

I have almost perfect gear in standard for a LL FP witch. I get about 250kdps with shotgun FP but I still prefer to use arc as it clears much faster and has better range makibg it safer as well.

With the removal of shotgunning in beta FP feels even worse. It needs a huge buff in beta to make up for the removal of shotgun otherwise I don't see it being used much.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
I have almost perfect gear in standard for a LL FP witch. I get about 250kdps with shotgun FP but I still prefer to use arc as it clears much faster and has better range makibg it safer as well.

With the removal of shotgunning in beta FP feels even worse. It needs a huge buff in beta to make up for the removal of shotgun otherwise I don't see it being used much.

Completely agree. What defined FP was the ability to shotgun. It has nothing that sets it apart from other cold skills besides the ability to shotgun. Without it, theres plenty of other skills that get the job done far better than FP.
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
Needs an reverse Ice Spear effect, that could possibly be cutoff or scale like Point Blank.

FP should be THE melee spell for ice witches, with Ice Nova for AoE control, glacial cascade for mid range aoe control, ice spear for long range control, cold snap for freezing. Arctic Breath could be the long range damage with minor/lesser chill effect.

FP should by far outclass any other ice spell at point blank range. It need not be very viable to build around. But it must have a strong identity such that if you want a melee ice witch, you WILL think of using this spell first.

Else, it needs to be totally reworked. Not just buffed. There's no point buffing it if people are just going to choose other spells which totally outperform it at its niche.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
I hope GGG doesn't release act 4 with FP in a devastated state, which seems to be the case. It was a really cool skill.
well if they nerf shotguns they should nerf Rifles as well
I dont see any any key!
"
Exialis wrote:
Needs an reverse Ice Spear effect, that could possibly be cutoff or scale like Point Blank.

FP should be THE melee spell for ice witches, with Ice Nova for AoE control, glacial cascade for mid range aoe control, ice spear for long range control, cold snap for freezing. Arctic Breath could be the long range damage with minor/lesser chill effect.

FP should by far outclass any other ice spell at point blank range. It need not be very viable to build around. But it must have a strong identity such that if you want a melee ice witch, you WILL think of using this spell first.

Else, it needs to be totally reworked. Not just buffed. There's no point buffing it if people are just going to choose other spells which totally outperform it at its niche.

Completely agree with you here. TBH it was in a perfect state before shotgun nerfs.
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
They better buff the shit outta these spells otherwise game will be like 1.2 where every wizard was an arc wizard.
Git R Dun!
You missed some important things. FP has not only been buffed, but GGG introduced a few new gems to support FP. Sure it will not reach that high level as it was in pre 2.0, but it's still does the job.

FP no longer feels OP compared to Melee.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
I forgot another thing. Jewels. They act like buffed up notable nodes on the passive tree (the rare and magic ones - unique jewels offer unique mods).

If GGG kept the shotgun effect of spells, combined with the proper build and correct jewels, you could definitely kiss goodbye to your melee/bow characters.

I get what GGG is trying to achieve.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
Last edited by KhelThuzad on May 2, 2015, 12:32:43 AM
"
KhelThuzad wrote:
I forgot another thing. Jewels. They act like buffed up notable nodes on the passive tree (the rare and magic ones - unique jewels offer unique mods).

If GGG kept the shotgun effect of spells, combined with the proper build and correct jewels, you could definitely kiss goodbye to your melee/bow characters.

I get what GGG is trying to achieve.

Regardless, using FP is like trying to hit a pack of mobs with a pen. LMP/GMP just hurt it overall, and on its own, its not big enough to handle packs at all. Glacial Cascade beats it now in the versatility department.
I love pie.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info