Thoughts on Shotgun Nerfs to FP?

I have not played the CB yet so I was wondering how the shotgun nerfs affected FP. I know FP got buffed by a good amount but its damage still seems lacking compared to when you could shotgun 5 pulses.

Thoughts?
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
It's pretty severe.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Out of everything hit by the elimination of shot gunning, FP feels it the worst.
It is a scheme so everyone plays melee now that they think they've fixed Desync...
IGN: LessBow
Skills that involved with shotgunning MIGHT get buffed up to make up for removing an element so vital to these skills, especially with spells that has low damage effectiveness. Some of them will probably get buffed heavily now that shotgun is out of the equation. Makes balancing much easier now.

EDIT: Do not take my word for it, but I am just looking at this from my logical point of view. It all depends on GGG and the feedback from the beta players that will decide the course on how these skills will be balanced.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on May 1, 2015, 12:54:08 AM
SO does FP need more buffs even after the 70%ish buff it got in CB?
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
"
pianokingx3 wrote:
SO does FP need more buffs even after the 70%ish buff it got in CB?

it wasn't a buff. FP + LMP was 3x65% Base dmg = 195% with shotgun. Now you have 170% with nearly no aoe, or something like 150% with LMP..
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

I think all spells will be fine they are buffed them and buffing GMP. Maybe wont do as much DPS point blank and all 5 projectiles hit boss but 99% of other times you will do more.

I still dont like the change. Shot gun was a good risk reward mechanic.

Far and safe = less dps
Close and dangerous = more DPS

Made sense.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 1, 2015, 1:06:18 AM
I really disagree with the removal of shotgun, though I haven't used projectiles or minions that shotgun, I'd rather have just a reduction of damage
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
"
Barivius wrote:
Out of everything hit by the elimination of shot gunning, Incinerate feels it the worst.

Here, fixed that for you! ^^
"The one who dies with the most toys is still dead."
- Geth, keeper of the Vault.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info