Thoughts on Shotgun Nerfs to FP?

With a 70% buff I might reach 130k dps without gmp instead of ~170k currently with gmp, without counting curse and penetration gem. That's with 7 power charges without using pcoc. But it's gonna be a pure glass canon build without EB/MoM/AC with less DPS. Melee is looking better, get 50-100k cyclone DPS with 6k+ hp, endurance charges, fortify buff, high regen and some armor.
I rly got no clue why you even want a buff on this, it isnt even bad, and that shotgun nerf was really needing a nerf, i really didnt see how they saw a totem mechanism fit where you could just cast a totem who do all work while you run and dodge, if this woulda kept happening it woulda just turn to a totem fest then an actually game where people tryd different builds and skills
they are nerfing spells so ppl will play melee so they can nerf melee again.They dont want to nerf both at the same time duh
Let's wait and see how much the base damage has been buffed before we tear our hair follicles out. FP was pretty strong even without crit ...
Shotgun was a stupid mechanic glad they are getting rid of it.
Nothing to see here.
Incinerate is really really bad now as well :(
played FP long long time ago and its useless crap without shotguning, you can pick any other non melee spell now and it will be better than this

fp was fine cause you had to be in melee range to do anything and it was putting your char to bigger danger
IGN: UgaBugaMajkaFaja
"
meerkatz13 wrote:
"
Barivius wrote:
Out of everything hit by the elimination of shot gunning, Incinerate feels it the worst.

Here, fixed that for you! ^^

Even if incinerate ends up doing way less damage, the builds have the "I never die" thing going for it. FP not so much.
They are working on giving it a DPS buff before release due to non shotgunning anymore, aswell as fireball and related skills that were hit so hard with shotgunremoval. Not to say the least, but Archers are buffed like crazy now with tornadoshot changes :-/

ActIV will more look like cyclone/RF, meelee and archers. Kinda most spells got nerfed.
No Problem,
Exile
"
Barivius wrote:
"
meerkatz13 wrote:
"
Barivius wrote:
Out of everything hit by the elimination of shot gunning, Incinerate feels it the worst.

Here, fixed that for you! ^^

Even if incinerate ends up doing way less damage, the builds have the "I never die" thing going for it. FP not so much.

What the hell are you talking about? FP is way more secure to play than incinerate. I really would like to know where that "I never die"-thing should come from. The only good thing incinerate had was that is was hard for many mobs to reach the char because the closer they came the more dmg they took but that went away together with shotgunning. Now Incinerate is the most "fucked in the butt"-skill in the whole game!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info