The Awakening Supporter Packs

You got me Chris.
"
BalrogSC wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Pogrom123 wrote:
So it's a pay2play beta? This is like the plethora of early access games you have to pay for on steam now.

Can't argue with the instant + GGG just made in the first half hour, though. Good marketing.

It's not good marketing, it's insane abuse of their fans.

And yet, so many people just opened up their wallets. Including myself. Nobody forced me to do it.

Smells like successful marketing to me.

/shrug

EDIT: Keep in mind, *many* people were actually ASKING for keys to be included with the new supporter packs. It's not abuse. If anything, it's GGG listening to the community. And then making money by doing it.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Apr 29, 2015, 3:03:11 AM
"
BalrogSC wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Pogrom123 wrote:
So it's a pay2play beta? This is like the plethora of early access games you have to pay for on steam now.

Can't argue with the instant + GGG just made in the first half hour, though. Good marketing.

Are you really concerned? Closed beta is pretty much letting players test upcoming content, everything you achieve in it will get wiped and will not transfer to live realm.

There's absolutely nothing pay2play about this. Besides, the lottery is now 3 minutes and 50+ seconds on every pick. More people are getting selected into the beta every day.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Apr 29, 2015, 3:03:18 AM
When/where/how do the keys get sent? I'm keen to give mine away seeing as the GM pack already gave me access.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
So i suppose the question is, now that you are selling the keys and you are inviting chunks of supporters, Are you removing them from the list for the timer?
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
BalrogSC wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Pogrom123 wrote:

I bought the pack since I made a decision already when they announced future support packs comeing (was supposed to be last week tbh) - that if theres keys in packs ill defo buy one.

Somewhat I agree on the criticism that this is abit of abuse of Fans. Mainly cause of the Hype was so aggressively built. Now to cash in the hype is something that troubles me too.

Howevernevertheless - the company needs moneyz to build up the game. There needs to be money to pay the bills and keep the awesome devs on bread/butter irl.

Thanks GGG for FINALLY putting the CBT access to pack. About time!

Best
Cudez
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
Last edited by Cudez on Apr 29, 2015, 3:05:37 AM
"
BalrogSC wrote:
"
"
BalrogSC wrote:
So your top supporter pack costs more than the average monthly wage 3 times, here in Hungary. What the hell is wrong with you?

This might blow your mind but that is why there are multiple packs beneath that one.

My point was, the price/value ratio is worse than if you buy a handful of dirt for 100 $. Even the cheapest supporter pack costs about as much as the whole game should.

People who buy those packs do it to support GGG. They'd do it even if they got nothing.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
When/where/how do the keys get sent? I'm keen to give mine away seeing as the GM pack already gave me access.

Pretty sure you have to contact Support and tell them who you want to give access to.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Well I just hope there's an interesting twist to divination cards that hasn't been revealed yet.
"
Pogrom123 wrote:

And yet, so many people just opened up their wallets. Including myself. Nobody forced me to do it.

Smells like successful marketing to me.

/shrug

EDIT: Keep in mind, *many* people were actually ASKING for keys to be included with the new supporter packs. It's not abuse. If anything, it's GGG listening to the community. And then making money by doing it.

I don't mind the keys, but do you know what else could you buy from the price of the top supporter pack? A car.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info