Act 4 shortest from all acts?

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
For all we know, GGG might add more zones to act 4 in the future (probably next year). It is not like Dominus's content came with Piety at the same time at the start of open beta.

Dominus content was added when the game was released. We always knew we are getting few more zones during open beta as the act was not complete (similar how now we know we are getting few more zones and act 4 boss fight in closed beta). There is very little chance GGG will add more zones to act 4 (not counting the 3 zones that are missing), as they never did it in the past after release, and as the quest and progression was already set in stone a long time ago, i dont see that act 4 will be any bigger.

"
I0wa wrote:
act 4 in diablo 2 only had 3 way points, it's what made it unique.

Its what made it short, not that much unique. And act 4 was released with the full game, and expansion was act 5 that was very big.

"
My rating on acts:

Act 4 10/10
Act 1 9/10
Act 2 7/10
Act 3 4/10

Act 4 9/10
Act 3 7/10
Act 2 5/10
Act 1 4/10

"
miljan wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
For all we know, GGG might add more zones to act 4 in the future (probably next year). It is not like Dominus's content came with Piety at the same time at the start of open beta.

Dominus content was added when the game was released. We always knew we are getting few more zones during open beta as the act was not complete (similar how now we know we are getting few more zones and act 4 boss fight in closed beta). There is very little chance GGG will add more zones to act 4 (not counting the 3 zones that are missing), as they never did it in the past after release, and as the quest and progression was already set in stone a long time ago, i dont see that act 4 will be any bigger.

"
I0wa wrote:
act 4 in diablo 2 only had 3 way points, it's what made it unique.

Its what made it short, not that much unique. And act 4 was released with the full game, and expansion was act 5 that was very big.

"
My rating on acts:

Act 4 10/10
Act 1 9/10
Act 2 7/10
Act 3 4/10

Act 4 9/10
Act 3 7/10
Act 2 5/10
Act 1 4/10

Well act 4 in d2 was the beginning of the end, it didn't need to be long. And yea act 5 was huge.

poe act 1 is 10/10, for me. best atmosphere
Meta = cattle

-ty men
Act 3 is the worst and has the most zones
S L O W E R
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Don't worry, i am sure act 5 will be as big as you want it.

Act5 is Winter landscapes =))
I am veteran i have follow Poe sense November 2010.
IMO, Act IV is fairly short gameplay and in that reminds me a lot of that other game.

Aqueduct - 6/10
long, overdrawn, fairly same-ish, no real surprises or features - nice music

Dried Lake - 5/10
rather small, unimpressive square map bare of features - bland textures, nice mobs though - GGG had done better in the past

Mines - 9/10
delivers the feeling it should, nice detailed textures - best work in ACT IV

Kaom's Dream - 7/10
as good as lava pits go, nothing out of the ordinary, a bit to linear for my liking

Daresso's Dream - splitted judgement
Pits - 8/10
deliver a good feeling of closeness - texture well done - a different approach to a labyrinth map
Grand Arena - 7/10
arena in general is good but 4x the same area with bland, unimpressive intersections, seems GGG have run out of ideas
"
TheTenthDoc wrote:
I think it's kind of nice to have a smaller, more straightforward act after the completely nonsensical act III.

I do think that the Deshret side quest should have gotten its own area, though.

Agree with this, expand that one to 2-3 zones imo, maybe with some ruins where you finally find Voll in the end after the dried lake. Also as of right now the Voll fight is so anti-climatic imo (you have this character which is supposedly so important in Wraeclast's history, and yet he dies without much difficulty (from what I've seen) in the second zone.)
Last edited by Fauxite on May 5, 2015, 3:14:52 PM
"
xSyK0TiC wrote:
"
miljan wrote:
Looking on number of zones in beta and zones that will be released with full expansion, its all together a shortest act from them all. As only 3 areas will be added with full release, its little disappointing.

Act 1 number of zones 16
Act 2 number of zones 19
Act 3 number of zones 24
Act 4 number of zones 13

At least there is a lot of diversity but still, shortest of them all.

Quality > Quantity

Deal with it. Do you want a ton of filler zones, or zones that matter, and impact you as a player?

Why cant we have both? Act 4 is short. Deal with it.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
miljan wrote:

I was expecting more zones for act 3 to come out in full release, but not including another act boss, which to some extent, was a flop in my book. Hell, killing off Piety was a good way to end act 3, but they took the approach of "Piety was just the puppet to the grand scheme in act 3." I still think act 3 content-wise was still good before Dominus content. There was still Crematorium having two levels, and Solaris Temple having three levels. GGG kinda overdid act 3 with the zones.

But yea, like I said, GGG might release more zones in the future for act 4 that will eventually connect to act 5, but for all we know, they might already done it. I am fully aware that GGG still has not implemented everything from act 4, so maybe it will be long enough to satisfy us if one look at the whole picture (the entire game overall). A short acts are no fun because they can be breezed in matter of minutes, but that goes the same with long acts, which brings up the possibility of skipping zones to avoid a lot of unnecessary contents to get to end-game maps much quickly.

Once act 4 is released to the public, I would think this would not be an issue anymore.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Some of the act four areas had a large feel to them.I love the new tile sets. I just wish the expansion was here already.
I wish they had a beta discussion forum. Nice spoiler title there.
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info