kinda scared of the possible OPness of Consuming dark

It's exciting because it opens up a new avenue for reflect-proof, and I mean truly reflect-proof builds. Vaal pact? Don't need it. Overcapped resists? Not necessary.

Can I provide you with a specific build with a complete tree right off the bat? No. The basic idea is that instead of preparing yourself for reflect, those points/gear choices can go right to damage.

You're kinda nuts if you don't see the potential here. Hell, it even has decent stats for what it does; I would expect it to be on a worse base, or at the very least not include spell damage.

Edit: You guys aren't taking into consideration that burn proliferation ain't the hot shit it used to be. See the new elemental proliferation stats, and a hint from the devs that the burning calculation itself is also changed.

Edit Edit: At the very least, every single non-lightning spellcaster is going to want one, simply for the fact that you could swap it for your main weapon and never worry about reflect maps again. Especially in hardcore leagues, that makes it extremely valuable.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Apr 23, 2015, 12:48:15 PM
I've been wanting to test a theory build sooooo badly.

Chaos RF. Problem is you cannot get enough chaos resistances.

If they changed Amethyst flasks to give +10 maximum chaos resistance, it's slightly viable with consuming a lot of flask charges.

If they added a unique to give +maximum chaos resistance, other than Saffel's frame, it would work.

Also get em while they're cheap!
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
Last edited by Hixxie on Apr 23, 2015, 12:54:40 PM
"
Antnee wrote:

Edit You guys aren't taking into consideration that burn proliferation ain't the hot shit it used to be. See the new elemental proliferation stats, and a hint from the devs that the burning calculation itself is also changed.

that doesnt change the fact that this dagger will not allow those skills to do what actually makes them good atm, so thinking its op because its a reflect safe version of whats op right now doesnt match up.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:
It should be a T1 item at the very least.

...certainly works well with that ring, wouldn't you say?
Cyclone+coc+crit chance+ Discharge+enduring cry+pcoc
use blood rage

infernal mantle+consuming dark+ pyre and you got a way too op build

if you havent seen the new enduring cry... they changed it to a warcry. no longer works with trigger gems like CoC.
"
Antnee wrote:
Edit Edit: At the very least, every single non-lightning spellcaster is going to want one, simply for the fact that you could swap it for your main weapon and never worry about reflect maps again. Especially in hardcore leagues, that makes it extremely valuable.

What is the point of non-lightning spellcasters if not for the elemental effects, though?? This is why I think you aren't making any sense. Voltaxic Rift exists and it is better than this new unique and infernal mantle *combined*, because it lets your chaos damage fucking shock things. People that insist on using fire or cold spells because "they like how they look" get absolutely no respect from me if they're trying to simultaneously theorycraft actual efficacy. If you want to make an effective build, start with something actually effective.
Last edited by codetaku on Apr 23, 2015, 1:14:02 PM
"
Hixxie wrote:

If they changed Amethyst flasks to give +10 maximum chaos resistance, it's slightly viable with consuming a lot of flask charges.

If they added a unique to give +maximum chaos resistance, other than Saffel's frame, it would work.

go low life and use broken crown
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Hixxie wrote:

RF doesn't do fire damage, it does Burning Damage, so I don't think you can convert it to Righteous Chaos.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
pros:

-Chaos cant scale with spell damage(kinda new)

Where did you see that? I must have missed it.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I like that it converts fire damage specifically.

You could go Avatar of Fire with anything and make a 100% chaos build using these two items. Might be weak with lightning skills though.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Apr 23, 2015, 1:36:57 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
pros:

-Chaos cant scale with spell damage(kinda new)

Where did you see that? I must have missed it.
sorry
Meant "can"
Since only chaos spell so far is desecrate and it's not scaling with spell damage
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info