kinda scared of the possible OPness of Consuming dark

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Cyclone+coc+crit chance+ Discharge+enduring cry+pcoc

what
IGN TylordRampage
"
Antnee wrote:
Nitpicking, but EC doesn't work with triggers anymore. It's no longer a spell, it's a Warcry (and tagged as such).
Rich people would substiate this for Voll's devotion to get endu charges and add like crit multi support in the 6th L
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Eh. Rich people will pretty much break the game, always. Don't worry about that.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Volls devotion is not that expensiv anyway, less than 30 exa in Std.
IGN TylordRampage
I don't understand what's broken about it. Most enemies we actually care about killing have way more life than energy shield. And the actual hard bosses have chaos resist just like fire resist, with the important distinction that we don't currently have a chaos penetration gem.

And poison is actually quite weak in comparison to burning damage. Scaling it is ridiculously harder, and the base value is only 10% of the hit for 2 seconds. The fact that it's guaranteed poison instead of poison on crit/ignite is irrelevant. Poison just isn't that great an effect.

So, how does this make pyre better? Seems like it makes pyre worse if you try to use it at the same time. Now instead of your cold damage igniting, it pierces energy shield and poisons. The increased burning damage modifier becomes entirely meaningless.

Like, I get that the "initial hit" of a 100% fire->chaos spell will be higher on average, because enemies on average have lower chaos resistance. But you're no longer burning enemies, fire pen stops working, and your poison damage doesn't suddenly get affected by the same modifiers as burn scaling. Only the initial hit gets the same scaling.

Please give an actual build example that would make this better than just a crit or burn/prolif version of an equivalent fire (or ice->fire) build. I don't think any of you can, because I think it doesn't exist.

If it was "your chaos damage can burn enemies for fire damage", and that also converted all of that fire damage to chaos burning, that would be _awesome_. But as it is, this sounds useless. Much worse than, e.g., voltaxic rift. I have no idea why you're all so excited.
Last edited by codetaku on Apr 23, 2015, 12:20:04 PM
It wouldn't be 100% fire to chaos... two different items that's converting.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Chris Wilson 3/10/2021
not really OP indeed and worse in any case than today crit prolif flameblast...

"
XeroSlayer wrote:

75+25 = 100.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Apr 23, 2015, 12:23:46 PM
"
XeroSlayer wrote:

Conversions stack additively. It's not like some kind of multiplier. Wielding both this new item with infernal mantle grants 100% damage conversion to chaos, as long as you don't also somehow have some other fire->other element conversion modifier (which I don't think is actually possible anyway because of damage conversion ordering, but that's irrelevant).
Last edited by codetaku on Apr 23, 2015, 12:25:17 PM
pros:
-No reflect(important for HC)
-Chaos cant scale with spell damage(kinda new)
-No need tp prolif(save a gem slot)
-no need a chance to ignite (100% efficiency)
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Apr 23, 2015, 12:33:11 PM
I dont see it personally for flameblast.

No cast speed. But you dont need cast speed right cause its crit flameblast, you stack crit and multi to the limit then you dont full stack you just echo dab and then let the prolif be your aoe... see where Im going with this?

cold skills, so youre a crit cold caster, youve traded a dagger with 65% spell damage, 80% global crit, 100% spell crit, crit multiplier and elemental leech for that thing, reducing your dps, and now your doryanis leech belt doesnt leech, while you are reflect safe your crits no longer freeze monsters... Thats a lot of down sides to end up reflect safe, dropped damage and survivability and all you got is being reflect safe and getting around some elemental resistant mobs.

I can see it being used but im not seeing being crazy crazy op, good sure, op? I dunno, yet to be convinced.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info