The Awakening Item Page and Top-Tier Supporter Beta Access

So, I'm not going to lie, I was really disappointed in the way the Beta access was decided to be given out. I'm a numbers guy. So, if 1,000,000 people signed up for access, my chance of getting in was about 0.17% chance of getting in. The odds of winning some prize in the Mega Millions Lottery is 0.67%. So after over two years of playing, this is very disappointing. I was of course willing to wait and ready to get into Act 4.

However, after today's announcement, I am very displeased and ready to leave altogether. Path Of Exile has always been Free-To-Play until today. This announcement sets the standard of "if you have a ton of money and donate it, you get special {In Game} perks. Yes, playing the Beta (regardless of character wipe) is an In-Game advantage. Now that the announcement has been made that people with money can get in, this game has lost the ground that it stood on for so long.

As a blue collared employee, a future husband, and homeowner, I do not have the extra cash to throw around. I have however managed to spend around $400 for this game. At this point, charge me $60 just like every other game and give me the same opportunity as everyone else.

Thanks GGG for letting us that cant afford thousands of dollars down.
"
Thejunior wrote:
"
Valhurien wrote:
This whole discussion is nothing more than contradiction.

New players will NOT know how this game ran before coming into the Pre-awakening environment. So how can you possibly procure constructive feedback. Ask a blind man to tell you what color a blue shirt is.

Guess what? He can't because he doesn't know what blue is.

New players will not know how how difficult / easy areas were to farm before. Bosses that had close to 1 shot mechanics if you didn't have capped resist and 80 points into health. Tactical approach to bosses that may or may not have been adjusted for revised game play. Skill gems that have been altered for higher / lower damage scaling. (I'm looking at you GMP Tornado Shot)

So what have we learned today class?

GGG is even more pay to win. Pay either cash, or by advertising if you have a high viewer count as a streamer.

EXACTLY this. ^

EXACTLY what? You are waiting for a FREE game's new FREE content. Just like everyone was before this announcement.
noun: escapism

the tendency to seek distraction and relief from unpleasant realities, especially by seeking entertainment or engaging in fantasy.
Last edited by Toksic on Apr 23, 2015, 8:40:57 AM
"
Toksic wrote:
This is just an outstanding company returning a favor to people that helped a little more than average to even have this beta. All supporters are amazing to have supported this beloved, remarkably nostalgic/new age gaming experience. Come on guys, time flies and it will be live before you know it! x3

Give to get works both ways and I appreciate it.

Problem here is that some of us did donate over $500 ....
"
ISuckAtGames wrote:
So, I'm not going to lie, I was really disappointed in the way the Beta access was decided to be given out. I'm a numbers guy. So, if 1,000,000 people signed up for access, my chance of getting in was about 0.17% chance of getting in. The odds of winning some prize in the Mega Millions Lottery is 0.67%. So after over two years of playing, this is very disappointing. I was of course willing to wait and ready to get into Act 4.

However, after today's announcement, I am very displeased and ready to leave altogether. Path Of Exile has always been Free-To-Play until today. This announcement sets the standard of "if you have a ton of money and donate it, you get special {In Game} perks. Yes, playing the Beta (regardless of character wipe) is an In-Game advantage. Now that the announcement has been made that people with money can get in, this game has lost the ground that it stood on for so long.

As a blue collared employee, a future husband, and homeowner, I do not have the extra cash to throw around. I have however managed to spend around $400 for this game. At this point, charge me $60 just like every other game and give me the same opportunity as everyone else.

Do you need a ladder to get down from your horse or will you stay up there forever? Also 'number' guys' don't pull data from their arses, find me a post from GGG in which they state a million people signed up please.
Last edited by Evarsor on Apr 23, 2015, 8:45:34 AM
"
ISuckAtGames wrote:

It is a free game with free new content. You and I both supported, and until today I was in your boat. I was fine with that and am fine with this too. I don't feel special but I do feel appreciated for going a little above and beyond. I am a huge fan of all supporters as I love this game. Perhaps you will be in before you thought!

the tendency to seek distraction and relief from unpleasant realities, especially by seeking entertainment or engaging in fantasy.
"
Toksic wrote:
"
Thejunior wrote:
"
Valhurien wrote:

New players will NOT know how this game ran before coming into the Pre-awakening environment. So how can you possibly procure constructive feedback. Ask a blind man to tell you what color a blue shirt is.

New players will not know how how difficult / easy areas were to farm before. Bosses that had close to 1 shot mechanics if you didn't have capped resist and 80 points into health. Tactical approach to bosses that may or may not have been adjusted for revised game play. Skill gems that have been altered for higher / lower damage scaling. (I'm looking at you GMP Tornado Shot)

GGG is even more pay to win. Pay either cash, or by advertising if you have a high viewer count as a streamer.

EXACTLY this. ^

EXACTLY what? You are waiting for a FREE game's new FREE content. Just like everyone was before this announcement.

NO, when looking at how much money I donate to enter the beta
"Sorry for my bad English"
"
ISuckAtGames wrote:

"Sorry for my bad English"
"
Kalimyst wrote:
"
Toksic wrote:
This is just an outstanding company returning a favor to people that helped a little more than average to even have this beta. All supporters are amazing to have supported this beloved, remarkably nostalgic/new age gaming experience. Come on guys, time flies and it will be live before you know it! x3

Give to get works both ways and I appreciate it.

Problem here is that some of us did donate over $500 ....

I understand, as I have donated more than just my Grandmaster title, beyond any title you see. This is how they saw it best fit to proceed into a beta that will still have tons of people getting in, perhaps even yourself. This is only day 3, no?

"
Toksic wrote:
"
Thejunior wrote:
"
Valhurien wrote:

EXACTLY this. ^

Sorry to announce this but POE is not free

It's free to play "individually"

but its not free to play "collectivly"

the game can be alive is 1 person dont support
but it cant if everybody dont
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
good job we aren't a collective then isn't it? ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info