Curiosity Poll: Lot of people claim " if it wasnt of Kripparrian, PoE would still be unknown"

PoE was introduced to me by a no-lifer friend,
Though I knew who Kripp was from his WoW videos.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
To be fair, I personally heard of this game through Kripparrian, but I probably would have heard about it from someone on D3 if I hadn't. Even if that was what introduced me to the game, the game itself is what made me stay.
Kripp brought many players to PoE, but he also took many with him to HS.
A friend mentioned it to me when I was disappointed in D3.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Charan wrote:
"
Valmar wrote:
I knew this game in 2010 (or 2009, can't remember), thx to an interview and gameplay Flux got with Chris and the guys from GGG before the game was even in close beta.

At that time, Flux was one of the guys at incgamers (the old dii.net), a site dedicated to diablo2.

That's pretty awesome. Flux is a legend to those of us who used diabloii.net as pretty much THE source of D2 news and discussion.

Yeah.

That is the interview I was refering to indeed:
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/path-of-exiles-impressive-debut

Ahhh, old days.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Apr 22, 2015, 6:50:25 PM
"
ampdecay wrote:
when i first watched this
i watched the first minute and then stopped the video....

Spoiler
to go get my friend and make him watch this awesomeness with me
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Apr 22, 2015, 6:52:26 PM
No idea how the fuck I got here. In 2012 my friend told me about that game with a sick skill tree. Completely forgot about what he said, and a week after the start of OB I was in PoE. No clue where I heard about it from.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

I started here looking for something that resembled Diablo II after D3 sucked, I saw a screenshot on somewhere with the map overlay thinking "Man thats what I'm talkin about" and that was it!
ign:TedCruzMissle
Yawn, another one of these threads.

Kripp isn't the godfather of POE. Nor is he the funnel for the population, more players came over from D3 to PoE due to word of mouth from other D3 players because it is what they wanted than Kripp funneling.

Not to mention, attempting to watch any video of his or his stream is a migraine waiting to happen. He talks.. so.. god........ damn.. slow... and..

I don't know if he is high as fuck, partially handicapped or that is just how he talks..

None the less it makes you wanna blow your head off.

Side note Closed Beta Keys:

Spoiler
[removed by support]
RNS be thy name.
Hardcore or GTFO!
Last edited by SoFarGone on Apr 22, 2015, 7:00:22 PM
I was persuaded to download and try it because of kripp videos, at the time D3 had flopped pretty hard, RMT auction house and gear checks was a bit boring. Sold d3 acct and installed poe, stopped watching kripp once he started doing the hearthstone stuff, as I'm not into card games or WoW. Before d3 I was playing dragon nest(was pretty fun during my time there), cabal online(classic mmo, can't wait for cabal 2 beta sometime in next few months). I've never really been into leveling multiple characters in mmos/arpgs in general, PoE didn't seem to punish casual players as much, decent depth in ability to respec and change gear around etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info