Summoners in the CB:

"
Idioticus wrote:
"
Waves_blade wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Not gems. Jewels. Gems are for skills/supports/auras and whatnot. Jewels get socketed into the passive tree. While you're editing... it's "you're".

If you weren't sucha dick about it, i would edit.

Just gona leave it as is.

I have to ask... how should he have pointed out your mistakes, then? To me his reply seems to be as least dickish as humanly possible.

Yeah, I thought he was pretty respectful on his suggestion to edit the thread. OP was pretty disrespectful considering his request for info. For all he knows, the guy he called a "dick" may be participating in Closed Beta and playing a summoner. Not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Apr 22, 2015, 10:37:39 AM
Been called worse... with better reason... Don't mind me.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Been called worse... with better reason... Don't mind me.

Oh, I don't mind you. The OP seems to do, though ...
I like many kinds of games 😊
Hi all, please try to keep the discussion on-topic, thanks.

Contact us at support@grindinggear.com if you need any help!
"
Waves_blade wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Not gems. Jewels. Gems are for skills/supports/auras and whatnot. Jewels get socketed into the passive tree. While you're editing... it's "you're".

If you weren't sucha dick about it, i would edit.

Just gona leave it as is.

You effectively derailed your own thread with this post waves.

Because instead of this response you could have written "ok thanks dude" and edited your op. After which point the entire focus would have been on your request in the OP instead of this silliness.

I wish i could provide info about your OP though, but other then some new jewels we got previews of i don't know much either.
I am even guessing that your search is more focused around summoners and you have more info then i do about them :D.

Peace and i hope you find what your looking for, maybe you will get lucky.

Gameplay discussion sub-forum seems to get the most closed beta spoilers atm so i suggest keeping an eye on that sub-forum.

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I'd like to know some positive changes towards summoner as well. It's usually my favorite archetype to play in an ARPG.
I love pie.
allright, since no one is willing to stay on topic and rather argue, I'd like to ask this: which of the new monsters has best potential for raise specter?
My contribution about summoners: what should change in act 4 but certainly will not. Thanks to GGG's lack of communication and action (I posted similar post already in the feedback section). I guess if there isn't a large amount of people whining about something (like melee) then no fix or improvement.
I'm still hoping GGG will do something about spectres and skeletons.

Skills:

Spectres
well sadly, I didn't hear about a fix for Spectres: you know, that problematic long and expensive quest for the right spectre. A spectre that disappears when you leave the game or remove the gem.

This huge problem sadly was never answered nor discussed by GGG staff, but no problem for animated guardian. A GGG's paradox to say the least.

Oh and don't forget the incredible and unique ability of spectres to downscale when you go to a lower lvl map. No weapon nor skill has ever had this horrible, atrocious and unbelievable error

Skeletons
Skeletons are quite useless, just a meat shield that can horribly fail against AOE and projectiles that pierce... or when the boss decides to target YOU which happens quite frequently...
And the most disappointing characteristic: they don't follow you... so you have to summons them at each fight... so you can not use them to prepare a good meat shield in advance. Forget that idea!
They're so useless that if you play without the skill, you quickly forget it even existed.

Zombies
A decent meat shield, but sadly their dps is crap, they have to be 5L or 6L to be good. Which is quite expensive because you already need 5L or 6L for your spectres. Yes two 6L...

Gear

Summoners have a very specialized gear with low defences and low mvt speed (Vis Mortis, Midnight Bargain, Bones of Ullr, etc) which is good at their own level but is not ok for end game maps.

Passive Tree

There are too many passive that you need to take in order to make your minions efficient (have enough defences and dps).

it is very difficult to have auras to boost your minions and take a decent amount of ES, cast speed, ele res, life and mana regen (all the good stuff) for yourself unless you're a lucky dude with a Shav and you go low life full 9 auras.

Summary
So to summarize, summoners are slow, weak, cheap and they suffer an unfair disadvantage: broken skills. BUT they are also quite powerful (for the low amount of currency you invest), they can also become way more powerful with 20/20 gems.
Last edited by Vaphobos on Apr 22, 2015, 12:51:22 PM
Buckle up, skeletons have there damage less modifier removed if i am not mistaken.

Big buff imo :).

(would need confirmation though, just noticed this in the chat of one of the streams :') )

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Yeah skeletons will add dps, when they can find space between my zombies to even hit the target...

Was it too difficult to fix their lack of AI? I think so...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info