Summoners in the CB:

The thread seems to be getting a bit long without actual summoners from the beta noticing it much :) Let me add my two secondhand cents - I did watch a few streams lately, looking for beta summoners.

First, Willywonka at the very beginning of the beta did actually try leveling with summoner from the very beginning, and stopped that masochistic experiment after Merveil (you can imagine the time it took, right?).

The second one is mgriff2k4 (that's his twitch channel name), he did a summoner early on in the beta, by the time he was level 78, he was at position 3 at the softcore ladder. Well... During level 78 he died at least 14 times (I stopped watching that day while he was still streaming, still at 78). The AI change actually is that painful at high levels - like a brick wall.
"
EpicFail42 wrote:
The thread seems to be getting a bit long without actual summoners from the beta noticing it much :) Let me add my two secondhand cents - I did watch a few streams lately, looking for beta summoners.

First, Willywonka at the very beginning of the beta did actually try leveling with summoner from the very beginning, and stopped that masochistic experiment after Merveil (you can imagine the time it took, right?).

The second one is mgriff2k4 (that's his twitch channel name), he did a summoner early on in the beta, by the time he was level 78, he was at position 3 at the softcore ladder. Well... During level 78 he died at least 14 times (I stopped watching that day while he was still streaming, still at 78). The AI change actually is that painful at high levels - like a brick wall.

SO GGG has not withdrawn the "make monsters ignore summons" change? Was there any explanation given for this change?

I cannot see any good reason to play a summoner with an army of zombies/ skeletons if the monsters all ignore them and attack me.

I am still waiting for a good explanation for this change.
"
Khoranth wrote:
"
EpicFail42 wrote:

SO GGG has not withdrawn the "make monsters ignore summons" change? Was there any explanation given for this change?

I cannot see any good reason to play a summoner with an army of zombies/ skeletons if the monsters all ignore them and attack me.

I am still waiting for a good explanation for this change.

Probably some cheese fix involving Convocation making a wall of, well undead making you immune in most scenarioes.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
But i still do not understand the point of having an army of zombies/skeletons if all the monsters just ignore them.
AA is playing summoner,reaching maps soon

http://www.twitch.tv/angryaa
"
Khoranth wrote:
But i still do not understand the point of having an army of zombies/skeletons if all the monsters just ignore them.

they kill shit?
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:

they kill shit?

So all the summons will just behave like summon raging spirits? That seems lame to me, i like the idea of having an undead army between me and monsters. Guess that is being removed from the game.
Can't find a word about poe minion aggro with google.

It's still such a pile of mystery meat.

Would be nice if the devs would post how minion aggro works now, compared to after the Act IV changes.

How do minions create aggro?
How long does it stay?
How does a player outaggro the minions?

A ton of questions unanswered, another "it's awesome because nobody knows anything" design from GGG.
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
"
Boem wrote:

You effectively derailed your own thread with this post waves.
-Boem-

I like you Boem, and you got a point but...

There's different ways to communicate especially when writing. For instance the "3 dots" are by no means indicative of a kind and helpful gesture, quite the contrary.

Additionally even if my post is on topic anyone can review Shagsbeard (not sure about the spelling) posts and see that it's 50% "useful" 50% "mega trolling, let's start a war or derail stuff around here".

So yeah don't be too quick to judge (although the OP could have made the changes AND pointed to Shagbeard that a "pm" or a more pleasant way to give feedback would have been welcomed).

./peace too
Mischief
"
Quantume wrote:
Can't find a word about poe minion aggro with google.

It's still such a pile of mystery meat.

Would be nice if the devs would post how minion aggro works now, compared to after the Act IV changes.

How do minions create aggro?
How long does it stay?
How does a player outaggro the minions?

A ton of questions unanswered, another "it's awesome because nobody knows anything" design from GGG.

Well I hope they don't go through with this nerf. For me personally, I enjoy having an army of undead between me and the monsters. If they make monsters mainly only attack me and ignore all the minions, i doubt i will keep playing summoners.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info