How the Closed Beta is going so far

"
612 wrote:
It's hilarious how you make a free game, share it with the world, update people on how are you planning to develop it and in return you get a whole bunch of different people that feel you're doing it all wrong and you should change your ways because they know how to do it better. And in addition, it all in the core is born from everyone feeling so smart and elitist. And for what? It's about an early game access, to which access you will be entitled FREE in a month or maybe too. TRAGEDY. WORLD DOWNFALL. "I spent 500000 points and for what?" Well, you spent it because you felt like helping GGG or maybe only to aquire some nice effects, have it your way - you helped if you want it or not and that's cool. BUT to expect something in return for your help, and to do it in a way that makes the ones you helped like they OWE you something is very, very, very NOT-NICE if not just plain wrong. We are all equal, and the beta timer shows just that. That's probably why you people can't stand it so much, cause you think you are special. Well, you're not and there's nothing wrong with it, life is made this way, better accept it or remain a crybaby.

With more selective closed beta with peoples who know how to communicate they just will do their job faster and closed beta will be shorter, with that kind of goal everyone will be happier because act 4 was announced if I remember well for February, then for April and now with this kind of "closed beta" stays who knows for how long. I am personally interested more in final product then this "closed beta" scenario so make it faster is my suggestion.
Last edited by Coolmer on Apr 22, 2015, 8:45:49 AM
Why are people mad when not receiving an invite ? It's just a beta and everything will be deleted before release aka total waste of time. Go play something else or go outside for a change it's warm and sunny again ^_^

(didn't sign up for the beta even though I play since the early days of the poe open beta and got 1000+ hours played)
www.deviantart.com/van1sh3d
"
tienbasse wrote:
"
Kayuga wrote:

<Removed by support>

I'm not entitled to anything, and I'm certainly not a kid (unless being 40 qualifies as a kid).

In real life, whan you want something, you say it and you work for it.
You certainly don't passively wait for a lottery to feed you with something, or you can wait for a long time.

And while we're at it, if you can't have a discussion without calling others with names, you are the one who need to grow up and start behaving like an adult...

the part that was edited, about growing up, was not directed to you personally. everyone in here needs to stand back a bit and realise that:

a) it is a CBT and is meant to be limited

b) it is meant to be a random process with a bit of tinkering on their part. they do need a variety of pcs/ISPs/experience with PoE.

c) because we are both old enough, just please give me the benefit of the doubt and forgive my triggering and asking for people to grow up and do me 1 favour; read the majority of the posts in this thread and in the one made yesterday and just count how many people genuinly believe they should be in the CBT because of their playtime or money paid. it is a CBT and it is meant to grab players from across the board.

you can't use the argument that 'i clearly stated i wanted to be in this CBT'.it does not work that way.

if that is not entitlement then i do not know what is.

i do agree that this is a lottery (which ties with the PoE rng issues) but it is a CBT.
most people will not 'enjoy' it. the last thing a developer needs is people bitching that their CBT is not good enough.
and at the end of the day, why commit to this lottery? it will be released soon anyway and in a more complete form than it is right now. ActIV will come anyway and you will not have to have your characters deleted and start anew.

ps: my apologies for earlier Support, wasn't that extreme of a thing to say, but for PC's sake i did get carried away.
Last edited by Kayuga on Apr 22, 2015, 8:24:05 AM
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
ffogell wrote:
The tears coming from people that werent not selected is delectable lol

Seriously brush it off, the worse that can happen is that you gonna play in two months

Do something else of your life a small PoE break might do some goods meanwhile :)

How do you know they arent already doing greater things than your closed mind could possibly grasp?

Seem you feel insulted ! I'm sorry o_O

Otherwise to answer your question : Actually they might :P but the whining and the attitude indicate me that this may not be the case ;)

STFU and give me a key!!!!
I signed up with my steam account and my normal account.... Am I still eligible for an invite?
"
Bananaru wrote:
I signed up with my steam account and my normal account.... Am I still eligible for an invite?

yeah you are. they can tell if you've made a mistake like that, it is still the same account afterall since they are linked.
"
Coolmer wrote:
"
612 wrote:
It's hilarious how you make a free game, share it with the world, update people on how are you planning to develop it and in return you get a whole bunch of different people that feel you're doing it all wrong and you should change your ways because they know how to do it better. And in addition, it all in the core is born from everyone feeling so smart and elitist. And for what? It's about an early game access, to which access you will be entitled FREE in a month or maybe too. TRAGEDY. WORLD DOWNFALL. "I spent 500000 points and for what?" Well, you spent it because you felt like helping GGG or maybe only to aquire some nice effects, have it your way - you helped if you want it or not and that's cool. BUT to expect something in return for your help, and to do it in a way that makes the ones you helped like they OWE you something is very, very, very NOT-NICE if not just plain wrong. We are all equal, and the beta timer shows just that. That's probably why you people can't stand it so much, cause you think you are special. Well, you're not and there's nothing wrong with it, life is made this way, better accept it or remain a crybaby.

With more selective closed beta with peoples who know how to communicate they just will do their job faster and closed beta will be shorter, with that kind of goal everyone will be happier because act 4 was announced if I remember well for February, then for April and now with this kind of "closed beta" stays who knows for how long. I am personally interested more in final product then this "closed beta" scenario so make it faster is my suggestion.

I agree, but remember, before the clock started, they said they initially added 400 people. I don't know, but i guess with that base of well-selected supporters plus random chosen folk the job will be done right. By the way - reporting bugs and testing the game isn't really limited to closed beta, right? This game is constantly releasing patches, so what's the problem with sending reports and bug fixing when the beta is over?
"
ffogell wrote:

Otherwise to answer your question : Actually they might :P but the whining and the attitude indicate me that this may not be the case ;)

I'm so with you and you should not be sorry:) It is annoying to read all the crying because I sympathize with GGG. But it is so god damn funny to read about the absurd first world problems whiny grown up kids have here:) I've shown this and other threads to a couple of friends not playing POE. It's fun.
''It was nice but not really great'' in memory of rondanashu 13.4.2016
"
rondanashu wrote:
"
ffogell wrote:

I'm so with you and you should not be sorry:) It is annoying to read all the crying because I sympathize with GGG. But it is so god damn funny to read about the absurd first world problems whiny grown up kids have here:) I've shown this and other threads to a couple of friends not playing POE. It's fun.

buddy, if you are into tear licking and you enjoy the QQ, i got some nice links to share. hell, just head over to D3 or any MMO and you are set.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info