How the Closed Beta is going so far

"
Kayuga wrote:
Spoiler
"
tienbasse wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
To those not in the Beta yet: Thanks for your patience. Having played The Awakening, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have to wait.

As usual, complete lack of basic psychology. A course or two about reward mechanisms and empathy would be welcome.
Don't call this counter an act of "transparency".
It is just typical of GGG's RNG-oriented mindset, let's just add another layer of RNG through this beta "lottery".

What's so bad about selecting carefully players for a beta ?
We understand that we cannot all participate, but using an automated lottery counter and selecting freshly created accounts or accounts who have never given any feedback in the forum doesn't feel "transparent", it just feels like a big slap in the face of people giving feedback here and this is what pisses people off the most.

Giving streamers some beta keys is a good thing, but the rest of us in forums are just being left with a bad taste although we made it clear we wanted to be in.

Basic psychology course 1: involvement in-game/in forum = expressed will to participate and give feedback. Use this to your advantage, it's free.
Basic psychology course 2: automated lottery counter = makes us feel you don't give a damn about the quality of feedback, or that you're too lazy to bother with a selection process.
Basic psychology course 3: beta key for brand new account or accounts with no recent activity = same as basic psychology course 2.
Basic psychology 4: don't call packs "supporter packs" if you do not intend to involve these people at times like this. Most of them didn't pay to get goodies/MTX, they paid to support the game development.

Your communication style lacks transparency and doesn't generate any empathy. Don't be surprised by the negative reaction of your playerbase afterwards...

excuse me mate? you made it clear that you wanted to be in the CBT?
you consider youself smart enough to talk about "basic psychology" but you are too blind to see how priviledged and entitled you believe you are?

what is your point exactly? your need to play in a CBT is superior to someone else's and by your priviledge and entitlement alone you should be a part of this process?

there is neither a lack of transparency from GGG nor are they looking for your sympathy.

it is a CBT and it is callled Closed for a reason, it is meant to be limited, not flooded with players. do you really believe that you are contributing anything in here except more tears?

forget your playtime. do not think that by buying a supporter pack you are automatically priviledged and in a special group of people to receive preferential treatment.

this is about demographics. they need players from different countries, with different pcs,ISPs, you name it.

this is just another passive agressive attempt to 'acquire' a key: "Look GGG, i am mad at you but i am only here to point out how mad other people are and how much you are hurting yourselves with this. i am only thinking the best for YOU GGG so let me in so i can help you"

<Removed by support>

<Edited by support>

He wants into the beta as we all do and the current state of affairs with keys rewarded doesn't help peoples opinions on the matter. Nothing you can say about how he is selfish and self-entitled can do a thing to change that.

ANY supporter (not just from supporter packs) should be considered before accounts created in the month of April 2015 (whom of which havent supported or given feedback/forum posts) but if they do get good information from logs I can see new players passively providing them useful information. Instead we have a beta where streamers are selected (which is fine i guess) randoms are added (excruciatingly slowly) but the rest of the community who would gladly participate in bug reporting and polite criticisms are left to rot and fester at the hands of the beta clock.

Id like to believe that GGG are vigilant with the invite process regarding multiple accounts etc, unfortunately though it's probably not so.

Some of the very people who tested this game in closed beta first time around are being neglected and that's kinda sad given the quality of game I and others experienced which evolved from that. For some it isn't entitlement and privilege (which are the two most common words used to describe the type posting negative feedback on the beta selection process) We simply want to be involved in the process of shaping the game we all love so much. Demeaning and degrading others who have rational complaints is beyond the pale sir. The draconian attitude that a person isn't allowed to express ones disappointment or voice a complaint belongs in the past.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Apr 22, 2015, 2:02:29 PM
"
Kayuga wrote:

<Removed by support>

I'm not entitled to anything, and I'm certainly not a kid (unless being 40 qualifies as a kid).

In real life, whan you want something, you say it and you work for it.
You certainly don't passively wait for a lottery to feed you with something, or you can wait for a long time.

And while we're at it, if you can't have a discussion without calling others with names, you are the one who need to grow up and start behaving like an adult...
Last edited by Eben_GGG on Apr 22, 2015, 8:08:42 AM
The tears coming from people that werent not selected is impressivelol

Seriously brush it off, the worse that can happen is that you gonna play in two months

Do something else of your life a small PoE break might do some goods meanwhile :)
Last edited by ffogell on Apr 22, 2015, 8:00:20 AM
It's hilarious how you make a free game, share it with the world, update people on how are you planning to develop it and in return you get a whole bunch of different people that feel you're doing it all wrong and you should change your ways because they know how to do it better. And in addition, it all in the core is born from everyone feeling so smart and elitist. And for what? It's about an early game access, to which access you will be entitled FREE in a month or maybe too. TRAGEDY. WORLD DOWNFALL. "I spent 500000 points and for what?" Well, you spent it because you felt like helping GGG or maybe only to aquire some nice effects, have it your way - you helped if you want it or not and that's cool. BUT to expect something in return for your help, and to do it in a way that makes the ones you helped like they OWE you something is very, very, very NOT-NICE if not just plain wrong. We are all equal, and the beta timer shows just that. That's probably why you people can't stand it so much, cause you think you are special. Well, you're not and there's nothing wrong with it, life is made this way, better accept it or remain a crybaby.
Last edited by 612 on Apr 22, 2015, 8:01:39 AM
"
Zombiecity317 wrote:
front page?

YESSSSIR HYPE GGG

Aint in.. But damn act 4 musik tho.... DROOOL

you called?
"
ffogell wrote:
The tears coming from people that werent not selected is delectable lol

Seriously brush it off, the worse that can happen is that you gonna play in two months

Do something else of your life a small PoE break might do some goods meanwhile :)

How do you know they arent already doing greater things than your closed mind could possibly grasp?

Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Apr 22, 2015, 8:04:25 AM
"
large-scale bot/RMT detection

made my day
IGN Soultakerr
Where's the ResidentSleeper Smiley when you need it...
Meanwhile

21 April 2015 gets chosen

glad to see the system is working as intended
Desync prone servers cant handle more than a pathetically small amount of users at one time .... 5 minutes per invite TROOLOLOLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info