Kripparian is kind of rude to Chris Wilson

I haven't seen the interview but this sounds like Kripp really doesn't have much fun streaming anymore and is doing it solely for the cash. Take it as a lesson why you probably shouldn't turn your most favorite hobby into a job.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Who's Kripparian?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Karma incoming.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.

"
tmaciak wrote:
What he does now, is a business, and he doesn't need to be nice for ..

(note - the "you" in this post, is not aimed at any poster, just the avoidance of "one" and "oneself")

Part of business conduct is professional demeanor. You don't have to like the people you interact with, but you should conduct yourself in a pleasant manner. There are successful business people who are rude, but that rudeness usually hinders their success, rather than furthering it.

Bathing in blood before swimming with sharks will not make the sharks respect you as a fellow carnivore. People can post all the exceptions they want, but readers who do own or run a successful company know these exceptions are just that - outliers in a vast sea of fairly consistent data.

Those who doubt me, and have no idea at all what being successful in business entails, and think "cult of personality" trumps civility try the following thought experiment:

Pick the rude celebrity of your choice. Now imagine them sending out a series of Racist, Homophobic tweets.

Would they quickly backpedal from the media firestorm? Why would they do that, if being nasty was such a good thing?

All publicity is good publicity certainly isn't helping Bill Cosby is it?

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I didn't care for his demeanor. Chris was a stand up and professional dude about it though.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
and yet I have had zero interest to play hearthstone... no matter how many viewers he generates.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
DalaiLama wrote:

"
tmaciak wrote:
What he does now, is a business, and he doesn't need to be nice for ..

(note - the "you" in this post, is not aimed at any poster, just the avoidance of "one" and "oneself")

Part of business conduct is professional demeanor. You don't have to like the people you interact with, but you should conduct yourself in a pleasant manner. There are successful business people who are rude, but that rudeness usually hinders their success, rather than furthering it.

Bathing in blood before swimming with sharks will not make the sharks respect you as a fellow carnivore. People can post all the exceptions they want, but readers who do own or run a successful company know these exceptions are just that - outliers in a vast sea of fairly consistent data.

Those who doubt me, and have no idea at all what being successful in business entails, and think "cult of personality" trumps civility try the following thought experiment:

Pick the rude celebrity of your choice. Now imagine them sending out a series of Racist, Homophobic tweets.

Would they quickly backpedal from the media firestorm? Why would they do that, if being nasty was such a good thing?

All publicity is good publicity certainly isn't helping Bill Cosby is it?

it's what i have been trying to say for 2 pages. Some people just dont get it.
Spoiler
Well, natural selection will do it's thing once they get out in the world.
He wasn't rude. Personally I like the fact that he never fanboys when he talk to devs.
The only rude things I saw him doing was his many "mmmhmm", he could have chose better words. Otherwise he was very polite.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:
The only rude things I saw him doing was his many "mmmhmm", he could have chose better words. Otherwise he was very polite.

Openly rude - probably not from what I've saw, enthusiastic as a boiled pork shin - very much so. It's not the best of behavior, but it's truly offensive only if you do it on purpose which didn't seem to be the case. As to the business side, he obviously isn't getting paid to advertise the game so it's no breach of contract and the effect of such behavior on your image as a professional depends entirely on the business you're doing.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info