Kripparian is kind of rude to Chris Wilson

"
S3ph1r0th wrote:

Stating something is "business" while implying the term is somehow intertwined with rudeness/ being an asshole, IS trying to sound cool.

Since when doing business, means you can behave however the fuck you want and excuse yourself by simply calling it "business"?

Well, you can behave however you want, im not saying you don't have that ability...
But, like in all of your normal, daily activities people can call you out for what you are... You just dont get to baptize it with a cool-sounding term to mask what that is: an asshole.

TL;DR If you get it, you get it.

I think he was trying to point out that everyday courtesy and accepted social interaction doesn't necessarily apply to business transactions. It is ( typically ) much more acceptable to be a bit ruthless and cutthroat in the business world to protect your interests. Less so in everyday interactions.

Make no mistake, the interaction between Kripp and Chris is ALL about business. That being said, it may not be an excuse or even meant to condone a rude / dismissive attitude. In fact, that can be seen as unprofessional by some. However, pointing out a business interaction IS a business interaction really comes down to stating a fact. An observation to appreciate the context.

I don't watch Kripp vids, and I haven't seen this one, but from how it was described maybe he was concentrating on playing and trying to talk at the same time? That can be difficult if you are concentrating. I dunno. Again, I didn't see it. Just throwing out ideas.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
"
Im sorry but i know kripparian cant be THAT much of a douche bag unintentionally.

Chris is trying to be friendly and is super happy about the expansion for example

chris "one of the new things we added is shadows to act two grass"

krip "eh i dont really notice it"

chris "have you noticed anything new since youve been playing we have changed alot"

krip "not really it all feels the same" (while using new skills/new tree/new uniques/ new act/new art and music/ revamped early game)

chris "wow our senior developer just emailed me saying wtf is that staff your using your build is so op"

krip "meh i just took whatever"

chris "id expect you to be able to make a good build"

krip "i just took random stuff i didnt plan it at all"

chris "well i would say you have good judgement"

krip "eh"

It really feels like Chris Wilson is trying to be friendly and nice. Chris really wants to talk about the new act and see how Krip enjoys the game (god knows why all krip does is play a skilless game "hearthstone" and eat food while he plays ((this is like 99% of his content now a days))

Krip is just being dismissive and rude and i just cant listen to anymore of it.

It almost feels like passive aggressive bullying and its very un-entertaining to watch.

I hope in the future GGG picks better streamers to spread the word of poe

As a fellow Romanian and fellow gamer i can say i do NOT like krip.

GGG is the one who put krip on a pedestal, don't see why people would be surprised.
I was watching the stream at the time and feel the OP is hugely misrepresenting the situation.

Prior to the quoted exchange, Kripp explained that he was having difficulty talking while playing, and apologized for the situation. The unspoken, yet obvious, context was that the stream must go on. Kripp and Chris agreed to a situation would be one where Chris talked far more than Kripp would.

So when the quoted exchange actually comes up, you have an actively playing, noticeably distracted Kripp giving terse, off-the-cuff replies to Chris, in a manner more distracted than dismissive.

So I guess the "respect" issue comes down to this: if Chris Wilson visits your stream, do you just drop everything and talk, or do you continue playing the game your audience wants to see you play? I think one of those options is definitely more respectful, but at the same time it seems doomed to lose viewers.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 21, 2015, 11:27:29 AM
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:
My grandmother used to say: "It's better to be rude and honest than polite and fake"

She was a wise woman..

Because you obviously cant express your opinion politely.
If you are polite it means you are fake.
"Wise" people should hit books more often.
Or at least try to "use it" a little bit more.
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:
My grandmother used to say: "It's better to be rude and honest than polite and fake"

She was a wise woman..

you are touchy

i stated 'it is business' as a comment to 'ggg needs Kripp more than Kripp needs ggg'. no matter how cynical and harsh it sounds noone can deny it. if you do not like it - tough.

and then you made up the relation between this comment and being an ***hole. why your train of though went that way - it is up to you to explain (and tells a lot about you btw)
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I was watching the stream at the time and feel the OP is hugely misrepresenting the situation.

Prior to the quoted exchange, Kripp explained that he was having difficulty talking while playing, and apologized for the situation. The unspoken, yet obvious, context was that the stream must go on. Kripp and Chris agreed to a situation would be one where Chris talked far more than Kripp would.

So when the quoted exchange actually comes up, you have an actively playing, noticeably distracted Kripp giving terse, off-the-cuff replies to Chris, in a manner more distracted than dismissive.

So I guess the "respect" issue comes down to this: if Chris Wilson visits your stream, do you just drop everything and talk, or do you continue playing the game your audience wants to see you play? I think one of those options is definitely more respectful, but at the same time it seems doomed to lose viewers.

uh no and no

Chris and Kripp set it up, he didnt "visit" anything

there was no mic problems when i started and this is just a fraction of some of the exchanges which is currently a past broadcast and be rewatched for anyone who wants to see it

if anyone talked like that to me id immediately feel negatively towards them because giving short brisk responses with no regard to being polite or friendly is being rude and as ive said before dismissive.

Its like watching a younger kid try to befriend someone who has no interest. Watching that stream was almost cringey

i should highlight all the exchanges and put it on r/cringe and i guarntee many people would agree with me.

if you dont you clearly didnt watch the same stream i did.
"

uh no and no

Chris and Kripp set it up, he didnt "visit" anything

I think he is using the term 'visit' in the sense that it was arranged that Chris would show up and speak on Kripps channel. An arranged visit, not a spur of the moment showing up sorta visit.

"

if anyone talked like that to me id immediately feel negatively towards them because giving short brisk responses with no regard to being polite or friendly is being rude and as ive said before dismissive.

if you dont you clearly didnt watch the same stream i did.

Maybe you are right. I was only suggesting an explanation. I didn't actually watch, so I made sure I didn't suggest I knew. I just don't have that much time to sit and watch streams. I don't even have time to browse the forums...but I still do. :P
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
"
there was no mic problems when i started
Then you missed the portion where Kripp apologized for not being able to talk much when playing. When Chris first came on it sounded like he was trying to take a shower, such was his mic static.

If replays don't have these parts, then it could be questionable editing. I'll check later.

Point being, I was watching from 30+ minutes before Chris came on, until Kripp finished his second Kaom run. I thought he was being a bit dismissive, but it also seemed he had established this behavior would occur earlier, in a fair way.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 21, 2015, 11:51:14 AM
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:

She was a wise woman..

Are you serious with this comment? Save your stupid irony for people you know and are actually able to answer back and smack you in the head (my grandmother unfortunately can't).
Of course being honest AND polite is the best. I was just comparing the 2 extremes.
BTW : In what category does this ridiculously rude (and disrespectful) answer of yours belong? I would suggest to take a long look in the mirror..

Frustrating

Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
"
[Removed by Support] but no way shape of form was the guy rude.

[Removed by Support]

What, how is this not a perma ban?

To the op, it takes a lot of focus to play a game, in a new and challening enviroment, and keep on point with a discussion.

Try it sometimes and you will understand.

Plus, watch Kripps and Chris video from the first CB and you'll see it was the same then like today.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Rachel on Apr 21, 2015, 12:15:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info