With removal of desync, will log out macros be removed also?

"
miljan wrote:
Is there a reason for them to be supported in the game if desync is fixed? Will we see small timers for log out? Or it will be the same?

What do you people think? Should it stay how it is or not?

Desync maybe will be fixed for ppl with perfect interet.But still,there alyway will be random disocnects,lag spikes and other things,with logout timer game would be unplayable for many ppl.
Currently,GGG balance game around posibilty that player can log out or quit Poe process,their words.
And probably you are sc player with 1000 deaths on your char,only them are whineing abot alt f4 here on forums.
Last edited by And1111 on Apr 18, 2015, 3:53:37 PM
Don't think instant logout has anything to do with desync. It's mostly there for disconnects. For example if you disconnect in front of mobs in D3 you are guaranteed to RIP. In PoE in most cases you survive. That's why HC is so popular in PoE compared to other ARPGs.
Desync will still be in the game after the 2.0 patch, the current method is still being used and will have some more tweaks to when and how the game resync you and by the looks of it the new areas should reduce desync caused by clipping ground clutter.

The "removal" is the lockstep mode which will be working alongside the normal mode, for people with good latency it'll work fine...anyone with latency though will either suffer horribly due to how it works....not sure if they'll be switching between methods based on latency or if you'll be able to lock it to a mode

Either way you'll still want to be using alt-f4

"
otinanai2 wrote:
Don't think instant logout has anything to do with desync. It's mostly there for disconnects.

Err...nope DC's get you killed in PoE, alt-f4 or not the server can't tell if you alt-f4'd if you have DC'd and the DC takes 6 seconds before it'll log you out automaticaly
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Apr 18, 2015, 3:58:09 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

"
otinanai2 wrote:
Don't think instant logout has anything to do with desync. It's mostly there for disconnects.

Err...nope DC's get you killed in PoE, alt-f4 or not the server can't tell if you alt-f4'd if you have DC'd and the DC takes 6 seconds before it'll log you out automaticaly

I have disconnected and survived in situations where I would certainly be dead within 1-2 seconds.
I have disconnected and ripped in situations where mobs would need at least 20 seconds to kill me.
In other words it's pretty random and you're wrong. It usually takes 1-2 seconds though which is way faster than D3.
Last edited by otinanai2 on Apr 18, 2015, 5:04:50 PM
"
otinanai2 wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

"
otinanai2 wrote:

In other words it's pretty random and you're wrong.

Ohh...you think so?...because there is a wealth of evidence that DC's will get you killed in the form of QQ i dc'd and im now in standard threads...alt-f4 dose not factor into it unless using alt f4 sends a signal to the server to say you have closed the application and you can't do that if you have DC'd from the server
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I also think you're jumping the gun on presuming that desync is removed. We haven't seen that yet... only a post about what might be progress.

Uhm. The netcode is there, it just needs more testing in the beta. Have you actually read anything about deterministic lockstep mode? If you enable that mode, that literally precludes desync. It will be literally impossible to be desynchronized.

The real issue, at that point, will be lag (in the vein of "you saw I clicked away on my screen, right? I was totally reacting in time. But my client just refused to move, and by the time all actions had been resolved I was dead! Waaaaah"). And I'm sure that's what everyone with high ping will be complaining about from now on.

Right. We don't even know if the game will be playable in lockstep until we try it. A year ago it was out of the question.

It was out of the question not due to technical limitations or difficulties, but from a design/gameplay point of view. It would be highly unlikely that you are unable to get a working lockstep system that is so widely used in the gaming industry. I would be pretty disappointed if this mode was marred with issues, we are in 2015... You don't need to have pick pockets like Blizzard to implement it.

@OP RE: Macros

As some people may not play in this new desync-less mode, you could argue that these macros still serve a purpose.
ign KlearSpeed

1.3 Torment - Scion Kinetic Build Guide (HC Viable)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1146976
Last edited by iMbaQ on Apr 18, 2015, 5:19:05 PM
"
miljan wrote:
Is there a reason for them to be supported in the game if desync is fixed? Will we see small timers for log out? Or it will be the same?

What do you people think? Should it stay how it is or not?

It's just fine how it is. It is up to the player to decide whether to log out or stay and risk death. It isn't up to you or me, or the Wraeclast City Council. This is a game, and people have different playings styles. The official word from GGG on allowing portals and quitting the game is that it allows them to make the encounters more challenging. (paraphrasing). It isn't because of desync.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info