With removal of desync, will log out macros be removed also?

Is there a reason for them to be supported in the game if desync is fixed? Will we see small timers for log out? Or it will be the same?

What do you people think? Should it stay how it is or not?
We will see how Desync works out for the better with the new changes.
I use a /hideout and /oos macro but could live without them.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Apr 18, 2015, 2:13:05 PM
I don't see this as an issue. If you mean a program that logs you out when X occurs, that's already illegal. Binding Alt-F4 to a single key isn't that big of a deal.

I also think you're jumping the gun on presuming that desync is removed. We haven't seen that yet... only a post about what might be progress.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Apr 18, 2015, 2:21:58 PM
"
DoubleU wrote:

No, I am just asking about log out macros. I mean they can stay in the game, but if you put a time on log out (so lets say 4 sec), they will become useless. And as there is no more excuse if desync is fixed, I dont see a reason for them to be in game anymore
"
miljan wrote:
"
DoubleU wrote:

No, I am just asking about log out macros. I mean they can stay in the game, but if you put a time on log out (so lets say 4 sec), they will become useless. And as there is no more excuse if desync is fixed, I dont see a reason for them to be in game anymore

completely ignoring the fact that both systems will be available to all players and that some people with over 150 ping will still play with the old prediction model.

Gratz.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I also think you're jumping the gun on presuming that desync is removed. We haven't seen that yet... only a post about what might be progress.

Uhm. The netcode is there, it just needs more testing in the beta. Have you actually read anything about deterministic lockstep mode? If you enable that mode, that literally precludes desync. It will be literally impossible to be desynchronized.

The real issue, at that point, will be lag (in the vein of "you saw I clicked away on my screen, right? I was totally reacting in time. But my client just refused to move, and by the time all actions had been resolved I was dead! Waaaaah"). And I'm sure that's what everyone with high ping will be complaining about from now on.
Last edited by codetaku on Apr 18, 2015, 2:25:29 PM
People with high ping wont be using lockstep mode. Its going to be stop and go. Its going to be used by a select few who prefer it to normal desync, generally very low-ping users. I am not sure how itll be possible to use it in a 6man map group with CoCs going off...
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Uhm. The netcode is there, it just needs more testing in the beta. Have you actually read anything about deterministic lockstep mode? If you enable that mode, that literally precludes desync. It will be literally impossible to be desynchronized.

The real issue, at that point, will be lag (in the vein of "you saw I clicked away on my screen, right? I was totally reacting in time. But my client just refused to move, and by the time all actions had been resolved I was dead! Waaaaah"). And I'm sure that's what everyone with high ping will be complaining about from now on.

Right. We don't even know if the game will be playable in lockstep until we try it. A year ago it was out of the question.
"
Boem wrote:
"
miljan wrote:
"
DoubleU wrote:

completely ignoring the fact that both systems will be available to all players and that some people with over 150 ping will still play with the old prediction model.

Gratz.

Peace,

-Boem-

Hmm this is a good point, didnt thought about it. Shame. If GGG will need to continue to implement and balance things with desync in mind it will limit possibilities of improving the future gameplay compared to no desync.
Not everyone will be using the new lockstep-mode. Some people with bad ping will choose to play with desync still because lockstep will give them too much input lag.

For example when I try to play League of Legends currently, I can feel lots of input lag due to bad ping. So I'd prefer to play POE without lockstep where ping doesn't matter as much. Personally I don't play with logout macros, but other people like me who will be choosing to not use lockstep mode may continue using logout macros.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info