With removal of desync, will log out macros be removed also?

Logout macros and alt+f4 were allowed because desync was originally in the game. The widespread use of instant logout forced GGG to start making mobs with massive spike damage (leaping frogs, devourers, ursas) because if you don't kill players in a fraction of a second, you don't kill them at all. Even if we didn't desync or have connection issues anymore, instant logout is necessary because the newer mobs are balanced around it.
Private profile so I can't yell at you for only having SC characters and making this thread?

Anyways, A game developer/company whatever... Cannot "remove" keyboard macros from a game. The can ban their use, but ultimately it does nothing, because the processes which would allow them to know someone is using a simple keyboard macro would be an illegal invasion of privacy. Now there are macros/script programs which write to RAM like the infamous one that got a lot of people warned, and they can detect and ban you for that.

Game developers should make a game that isn't trivialized by a simple keyboard macro, and really PoE is a well made game. Only things I can think of making a macro for is...

Logging out instantly

and on my summoner I really wanted to make a macro that automatically swapped weapons and casted a spell like one of the minions buffs then swapped back to my main weapon set in 1 action, making multiple binds for different spell combinations.

It would nicer and feel more "right" if GGG just added a keybind that automatically uses a tp scroll in your inventory to send you to town.

All these stupid "pls remove logout macro" threads remind me of being on the dota forums and ppl crying about russian invokers uses scripts to pull off Quas Exort Euls combos, when its one of the easiest things to pull off with a little bit of practice.
"
Owlert wrote:
Logout macros and alt+f4 were allowed because desync was originally in the game. The widespread use of instant logout forced GGG to start making mobs with massive spike damage (leaping frogs, devourers, ursas) because if you don't kill players in a fraction of a second, you don't kill them at all. Even if we didn't desync or have connection issues anymore, instant logout is necessary because the newer mobs are balanced around it.

Umm, what? Are you for real? I can't believe this is correct and that GGG would say something stupid like that. There must be some misunderstanding of what GGG said if they even said it.
"
miljan wrote:
"
DoubleU wrote:
We will see how Desync works out for the better with the new changes.
I use a /hideout and /oos macro but could live without them.

No, I am just asking about log out macros. I mean they can stay in the game, but if you put a time on log out (so lets say 4 sec), they will become useless. And as there is no more excuse if desync is fixed, I dont see a reason for them to be in game anymore

What's your problem with logout macros*?

Do they injure your game experience?

Edit: *or logging out in general
Last edited by H4NS on Apr 18, 2015, 2:59:51 PM
"
H4NS wrote:
"
miljan wrote:
"
DoubleU wrote:
We will see how Desync works out for the better with the new changes.
I use a /hideout and /oos macro but could live without them.

No, I am just asking about log out macros. I mean they can stay in the game, but if you put a time on log out (so lets say 4 sec), they will become useless. And as there is no more excuse if desync is fixed, I dont see a reason for them to be in game anymore

What's your problem with logout macros*?

Do they injure your game experience?

Edit: *or logging out in general

No, but why should they be in the game? (in a situation if desync was totally removed, and there was no option to chose it) In a competitive oriented game you know? Should you be punished for your wrong choices during the game play or use easy exit?

Can you tell me a good reason why it should stay?

But it really doenst matter now, as Boem answered it and desync will be in game, so log out macros will still be a must
Who said they are removing desync ? its not 1st april boyz ;)
"
miljan wrote:
"
Owlert wrote:

Umm, what? Are you for real? I can't believe this is correct and that GGG would say something stupid like that. There must be some misunderstanding of what GGG said if they even said it.

"
It's currently an accepted playstyle that allows us to design bosses to be more interesting. If you're locked in to *absolutely having to kill it with no hope of escape* then it has to be an easier fight.

Source: http://raptr.com/Chris_GGG/news/52534c6e77938e0e81/raptr-q-a-path-of-exile?comment_id=52566c90d08322e11d

Game is designed, and therefore balanced, around instant logout.

"
We want our fights to have large swings of damage and to cause a rush of adrenaline in the player. If the game didn't allow you to drop instantly then we'd have to dumb down the fights so much. We've tried it.

In addition, it means that we're able to make hard boss fights that players can attrition if they choose to. If we had to design the act bosses so that players needed to kill them in one go without dying then they would be pushovers.

We have said this multiple times on the forum and in interviews before (as well as implementing the game to be that way) - our stance shouldn't be a surprise!

Source: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/536962/page/3
"
Owlert wrote:
"
miljan wrote:
"
Owlert wrote:

"
It's currently an accepted playstyle that allows us to design bosses to be more interesting. If you're locked in to *absolutely having to kill it with no hope of escape* then it has to be an easier fight.

Source: http://raptr.com/Chris_GGG/news/52534c6e77938e0e81/raptr-q-a-path-of-exile?comment_id=52566c90d08322e11d

Game is designed, and therefore balanced, around instant logout.

"
We want our fights to have large swings of damage and to cause a rush of adrenaline in the player. If the game didn't allow you to drop instantly then we'd have to dumb down the fights so much. We've tried it.

In addition, it means that we're able to make hard boss fights that players can attrition if they choose to. If we had to design the act bosses so that players needed to kill them in one go without dying then they would be pushovers.

We have said this multiple times on the forum and in interviews before (as well as implementing the game to be that way) - our stance shouldn't be a surprise!

Source: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/536962/page/3

I dont see anything about log outs in those posts. GGG is talking about not using portals in boss fights so you would need to fight them over longer period of time from one go

EDIT: Actually you are right, reading that thread... holy crap, didnt thought how wrong they can be and overall stupid way of thinking one of the main devs has.

EDIT2: Actually I really dont know what they are saying, at one page they say one thing, at another something different.
Last edited by miljan on Apr 18, 2015, 3:33:06 PM
Decent ruse thread could reach at least 7 pages xd
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Classic scrubcore vs alt-f4core hyperbole and fallacious philandering.

The OP does play doe eyed innocence well though 6/8.
Noblesse oblige

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info