King Kaom Fight Video (Spoilers)

To be honest fight against Kaom doesn't look that hard. Hope it will be much harder than this. Also those lava 'waterfalls' seem to overflow way too fast in my opinion. Seems very unnatural.
Other than that ACT 4 HYPE!
Last edited by Jimiboner on Apr 17, 2015, 8:39:35 PM
Looked easier than Dominus and that was a terrible build.
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
it's the butcher fight from d3 :(
"
TikoXi wrote:
no, it was cruel. He dropped a level 58 req armor.

Unique mobs drop items from +2 levels. So he was fighting in at least a level 56 zone. He was in cruel.

You can also tell because Jonathon lost exp from those deaths.
"
Daora20 wrote:
Was it just me, or did Kaom seem like the new "final boss" of Act 4? The main antagonist and Kaom, sure do resemble one another...

http://www.pathofexile.com/theawakening

I really hope he is not the final boss, this video would be really uncalled for...

That is Kaom on that page.

No one ever said Kaom was the final boss just because he was featured on a teaser page.

Kaom is not the final boss.

Edit: whoops, double post, I figured announcement threads usually fill up faster than that....
Last edited by codetaku on Apr 17, 2015, 8:51:08 PM
not even reading the thread, at all, the title of this "announcement" IS a spoiler.

Disappointed tbh, there must've been a better way to announce this without spoiling *anything*.

But that's just my opinion, and desire to not have the game spoiled for me, as I wait for an announcement as to what happens to 80-90% of the community who aren't in the Beta and waiting for act IV
He doesn't look so though
"
Josephoenix wrote:
not even reading the thread, at all, the title of this "announcement" IS a spoiler.

Disappointed tbh, there must've been a better way to announce this without spoiling *anything*.

But that's just my opinion, and desire to not have the game spoiled for me, as I wait for an announcement as to what happens to 80-90% of the community who aren't in the Beta and waiting for act IV

Come on you knew you'd fight King Kaom in the Awakening! :P
CI >> Life
He looks like a well-designed boss, with lots of slow, dodge-able attacks. A couple thoughts just from looking at the video though:

Give his melee attack a telegraph? Maybe a short animation to signify he's about to do a melee attack, followed by him getting to melee distance? I have a feeling that's going to be the only attack that would be difficult to avoid, the animation seems shorter than the others.

Give a stronger visual telegraph to the lava falls changing? I don't want to be told to get out of an area by losing 80% of my health, a nice explosion and black, crusted-over lava from respective falls would probably be enough to allow me to avoid most lava fall damage.

And in higher map versions, don't boost his speed like you do with Dominus! Part of what makes a boss fight fun is the ability to avoid damage through paying attention and skill!
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Considering the length of beta I don't think anyone should worry about spoiling the story. For comparison, Piety was the final boss of the game back in beta and no one thinks anything of it nowadays.

Spoiler
Not sure how I feel about the fight, it seems kinda cramped in there for a full party fight...kind of like the Merveil boss fights in maps. I like it, but I wish it was a bigger radius.
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info