King Kaom Fight Video (Spoilers)

It's funny how he doesn't turn on his auras/buffs and doesn't use his golem.

Fight looks visually impressive but very simple as others have pointed out.

/kaom
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Apr 19, 2015, 5:15:07 PM
"
MagicalMrE wrote:
"
Naixshel wrote:
I'm not sure where to ask so sorry for bugging you all in here.

Will I get a message informing me that I'm not part of the close beta?

No. They're not going to message every single player in POE that has signed up and not been selected yet every 5 minutes when a new player is picked to let them know the player picked was not them. That would be ridiculous.

I thought it would be a job for an automated system...but I should not be guessing, sorry.
can't wait to dodge the constant fire raining down with huge desync
It probably would have gone better if they had actually used their auras and golems. Nice one IGN :p
Looks like a very simple fight, kinda disappointing.
He died too many times.
"
Oh. You're saying because the video was up before the topic was made, 'has posted' or 'have posted' should be just 'posted'?

How needlessly specious of you. I'd gladly say 'Stephen King HAS written several horror novels' even though some of them date back to the 80s. In the present tense, this is a fact. The Stephen King that is, now, has written several horror novels. You could also say 'Stephen King WROTE several horror novels' but that makes it sound as though he's dead because it negates a present tense Stephen King. Sounds like I'm talking about a Stephen King that was.

Thus 'Has written' (being present-perfect) is much more appropriate.

This actually works in light of the link you posted, which apparently you didn't read or understand. I quote:

"Carla worked here for five years.
Carla has worked here for five years.

The first sentence is in the past tense: Carla once worked here but no longer does. The second sentence carries a different meaning: Carla still works here.We use has or have with a past participle to describe an action that started in the past and is (or may be) still going on. This construction is called the present-perfect." (stress mine to emphasise past tense)

Chris has effectively used the present-perfect, just with British plural agreement. IGN HAVE posted the video, and the video is still up. IGN still exists as the entity that posted the video. You could say 'IGN posted a video' but it carries a connotation that maybe the video is no longer current or contemporary. "IGN have/has post a video' makes it immediate and current.

Your original quibble was this:

"Also @Chris Wilson, it's 'IGN has', not 'IGN have'. "

Chris used 'have' not 'has' because, as I said, we refer to companies in the plural. It HAS nothing to do with tense. I HAVE explained this sufficiently; this thread HAS had enough of such pointless bickering.

That answers your issue completely.

Nope, you're wrong about the present perfect. The video being up is irrelevant, it's the ACTION that is relevant. 'IGN HAVE' does not make sense. The sentence is past tense, you cannot use have with current tense. (Grammatically it just doesn't make sense).

I honestly don't know what the big deal is. Say 'IGN HAVE posted this video' out loud. It doesn't even sound correct. It's 'IGN HAS'. HAS = Past Tense. How hard is it to understand this? HAVE = present tense.

Incorrect:
'Charan have won the game!'.... Yeah, you sure HAVE won the game. Same logic here except it's a public entity (IGN):
'IGN have posted this video'..... Yeah, nope.

Correct:
'Charan has won the game!'
'IGN has posted this video.'

These are the correct way and present-perfect.

Also, if you want to use HAVE with past tense, you're supposed to use had.

"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Apr 22, 2015, 6:36:38 PM
"
"
monkuar wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? Jonathan Rogers wasn't playing an EXILE, it was a duelist.

Holy shit.

That. Is. Hilarious.

You'd be well-served to admit your mistake here. It's okay. We all make them.

Not a mistake. There are two different types of exiles in-game. The ones you find in wraeclast while farming, or (in this case or the way you like to see them, as players). (These are the ones I'm referring to: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rogue_exile)

In the original post I was quoting.. He was referring (thinking) that Jonathan was playing a exile character. (The ones you find while farming, not as a player). That's my point.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Apr 22, 2015, 6:33:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info