King Kaom Fight Video (Spoilers)

So many new bosses, so many new boss kills to sell.
i won´t watch this video
i hate you redditors, you know who you are
"
Chris wrote:
IGN have posted a video of the boss fight with King Kaom in Path of Exile: The Awakening. In the video, our technical director Jonathan walks James through the Kaom fight with an exclusive demo.

Boss looks nice but but someone needs to work on his player skills. ;o)
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Seriously people, can't you see he was not top-geared for the fight against kaom? He may well have been uncapped in fire res just as well. The aim of the video wasn't to defeat Kaom in one go. The aim was to show the fight, which he did.
"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh
"
Entropher wrote:
Seriously people, can't you see he was not top-geared for the fight against kaom? He may well have been uncapped in fire res just as well. The aim of the video wasn't to defeat Kaom in one go. The aim was to show the fight, which he did.

And making it look to easy with op gear would have been very bad.
"
starklife wrote:
Yeah not watching.

"Hey guys wanna see the boss fights from the expansion you can't play months before you can play it?"

No thank you. :(

^
"
Entropher wrote:
Seriously people, can't you see he was not top-geared for the fight against kaom?

Seriously man, can't you see that there is a difference between top-geared and skillful playing?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
camapngu133 wrote:
No doubt Kaom didn't pass Act 1 Normal... Fight like a noob.

Some food for thought:
1° we all know the saddistical side of Chris ;) so he may have chosen that GGG employee on purpose :)
2° think about The Weaver and Spinner of False Hope (Jungle Valley boss)
3° think about Oak shiting IC daylong
4° you need to kill him to go to cruel then merciless then maps.

That's all for the basis.
Now breath again (the reader, not you I just quoted but it obviously no personnal)

I think by now 1 to 4 have been tought through.

If you have to kill the Spinner of False Hope to get to Act3 I dont think we would have many player going through especially new commers.
If Kaom would be fully Kaom geared, you would expect getting stunlocked to death again a stupidly high regen high leeching high HP boss (made a char on that theme, stunlocking everything to high level map with 900hp/s 40% flat phys res and arround 7k life) then I think many new or not that great player would simply quit.

I am NO GGG knight when it comes to balance, and I admit I hope for more for Kaom , but almost 2 month of closed beta with also casual player will greatly improve everything.

You could also fear a fully geared corrupted Daressos with max block and evade cycloning you to pieces o_o VAAL CYCLONING YOU!

I really trust these punny boss are gonna be the new challengers in maps. Just imagine having Atziri or Uber Atziri as Act boss ;)

Be safe and play well

Maoooow!
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Perhaps next time you shouldn't spoil who the boss is and then put a spoiler tag at the end.
The fight seems reasonable, not sure how over/undergeared the exile was, but the mechanics look like the type of fight i want in this game.
Kaom seems to be lacking some of his unique equipment (or at least not using its benefits at all). His ring adds an endurance charge, but he doesn't use any form of charge generation during this video. Will he have culling strike from his axe? He did seem to have a lot of life, but no more than most bosses. His boots and especially armour give MASSIVE boosts to hp, so that IMO should be experienced in the fight.

Others have pointed out that this boss and everything else is still up for change, what with beta and all. Hopefully the flavour of Kaom will overwhelm the "Oak/Kole 2.0" feel some people have pointed out.

Eagerly awaiting the beta, but have i missed any news on the event happening alongside it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info