SC people that tried HC for the first time.

There should fix to stop exploiting altf4 and start perma banning macro users who exploit if they die.

Yes, i dont like cheating.
Playing POE since 0.9.0
"
Metalica24 wrote:

There should fix to stop exploiting altf4 and start perma banning macro users who exploit if they die.

Yes, i dont like cheating.

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it a 8/8
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Just finished my 4/4 in HC. It took me 3 characters to finally make it (Tornado Shot, Arc, Flame Totem) I feel like I learned quite a bit by slowing down and trying to stay safe. I did however (especially while leveling) miss being able to just run up and carelessly facetank whatever was thrown at me.

All in all I will probably keep to playing soft core but would definitely do hard core again to check out a challenge league or go for another cool reward like an MTX.
3/4 HC (lvl 85 char) .. still missing one of the big bad ones. Had only timed zana missions with a valid target up to now that were not worth the trouble. Maps only up to 75 before the mighty rngesus put me back to ~70 maps.

Playing self-found and solo only and 1st time HC - beside some races - it is as bad as i thought it would be with those 2 leagues mixed together. Would be nice to get the 4/4 but if zana has no mercy i don´t think i will reach that goal in time.

Char is still alive and delivers some thrills here and there that are more intense compared to SC - but i will most likely not go HC again after this.
cya Deathtiny
level fast, die young and leave a nice looking corpse!
Tinyshideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3260135
I've tried HC before way back because my friends were playing in HC but this 1m race was the first real attempt with the mtx as my motivation.

I have to say it was enjoyable overall. I did not rip with my only character as I played very cautiously, skipping bad strongboxes and many corrupted zones. But the idea that death ends all my progress and the stakes getting higher as I leveled higher was very driving.

I will probably stick mainly to SC in the future as I can play more dangerously and not worry about losing progress. But I will keep future HC leagues/races in mind; just gotta play differently to succeed.
First time doing HC and still alive at level 82. It was fun but stressful. The best moment was getting the boss kill in a Zana Palace with a group from global 820. Map had monster haste, and it was 200+ ping for me. A bit sketchy but we pulled off the victory. I appreciate that people in HC play carefully, don't yolo boxes, stick together, et al. I play that way in SC but its not the norm. I'll be sticking to SC though, way too afraid of losing my character to disconnects or random lag. Plus I like to mess around and make dumb builds from time to time and that's not so fun in HC.
First try in HC as well, finished 4/4 in my first character.
It's fun, but I think I'll keep playing SC. I mean, I don't see that much difference tbh, I always played with HC mentality in SC, soo it didn't change anything for me, finished all the challenges solo (boss was a zana's 72 palace dom with 30%damage 25%faster).
35 hours get 4/4. Back to SC to get top 20. Just ez
2.0 ain't no melee patch.
I just made it to 4/4 like two hours ago on my very first HC league character. Played as crit flametotem. It was mostly fun, sometimes tense, but I don't think I could have made it on a mechanically more interesting character. And I didn't really like skipping content (boxes in tight spaces, boxes with specific mods, some exiles, some map mods, devourers, voidspawns, living blood) or making logoffski mechanics part of my gameplay. All in all, I may return for some future rewards, but I'm apparently more of a scrubcore person.
Played the same way I always do, died to desync at 68 (100-0 from rhoas that just popped up on top of my corpse). I'll stick to SC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info