SC people that tried HC for the first time.

Thought it was sorta boring and restrictive to me.

Was fun at lower levels when you could be more ballsy and get a rush, but at high levels when everyone skips so much content (even master quests) just got to me after awhile and I was happy to be done. Was the exact same experience when I did the 85 templar challenge in hc for bloodlines.

Always got a chuckle at the amount of ppl that buy cruel dom kills or even cruel piety (lol). I mean what is the point if you are gonna do that?

So I guess my feedback isnt exactly what the thread asked for since I have actually gotten to high level multiple times in hc before this.

edit: also rip spam is really funny
Last edited by Splift on Apr 16, 2015, 5:47:26 PM
I'd be up for it if...
When my char died he died but loot went to inv.

It's bad enough to loose the char, but the loot too was (is still not 80 yet) too much for me.
"
Avereth12 wrote:

See I'm going to have to disagree and call this a bad move. It's too small a timeframe and for me at least, has resulted in extreme frustration. I'm not one of those players that knows how to build a character that will get to merciless in a single day, and when you have a full time job, getting all the rewards in both modes, rewards we will never see again, and having to spend your lunch breaks and days off entirely on a character only to lose him is making me hate this game.

I'd need at least another week or two to properly do this. I'm mostly learning that in Merciless I can't just stand in certain bloodlines packs that were fine for a pure tank character before, but it's too late. I can't bear the rage and shouting of losing a 5th character with under a week left.

I never want to go back, and shame on GGG for doing this kind of a reward scheme with so short a period. HC always gets the coolest rewards, and this is worse than a master dedicated to pvp.

I can understand your point although I have enough free time and 1 month seemed more than enough for 4/4 in both leagues.
Unfortunately games tend to be designed for people with a lot of free time (usually younger people). I wouldn't call it a bad move for GGG though. lets just say it was a good move for the majority of players:)
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
There are cosmetic rewards for playing HC? Where do I get info on this? Never heard about it.
"
melodia1 wrote:
There are cosmetic rewards for playing HC? Where do I get info on this? Never heard about it.

There were 2 one month leagues that both started 20 days ago. Both the standard and hardcore versions had different cosmetic rewards for the achievements. Check the events tab or the first page
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
"
Avereth12 wrote:
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:
GGG has made a good move. Cosmetic rewards are a nice way to lure people that usually play SC to try HC for the first time.
Given the fact that many people believed that HC is more about AltF4ing like crazy and less about skill and game knowledge in these forums, I would like to know if the experience changed some peoples minds.
I'm not trying to start the usual SC vs HC war ( I play and enjoy both modes). I actually want to see what people actually think after experiencing HC for the first time.

See I'm going to have to disagree and call this a bad move. It's too small a timeframe and for me at least, has resulted in extreme frustration. I'm not one of those players that knows how to build a character that will get to merciless in a single day, and when you have a full time job, getting all the rewards in both modes, rewards we will never see again, and having to spend your lunch breaks and days off entirely on a character only to lose him is making me hate this game.

I'd need at least another week or two to properly do this. I'm mostly learning that in Merciless I can't just stand in certain bloodlines packs that were fine for a pure tank character before, but it's too late. I can't bear the rage and shouting of losing a 5th character with under a week left.

I never want to go back, and shame on GGG for doing this kind of a reward scheme with so short a period. HC always gets the coolest rewards, and this is worse than a master dedicated to pvp.

Another one complaining about having to work and not having enough time for this race, are you serious?
Diehards got 4/4 in 2 days. Just because you keep dying on stupid stuff doesn't mean this was a bad move by GGG, it was a bad move by YOU. 1 month is very generous and long considering the ease of the achievements.

Quit moaning, man up and focus, 1 week left is more then enough, even when you have a job, wife, kids and who-knows-what-else that might distract you.

"
Another one complaining about having to work and not having enough time for this race, are you serious?
Diehards got 4/4 in 2 days. Just because you keep dying on stupid stuff doesn't mean this was a bad move by GGG, it was a bad move by YOU. 1 month is very generous and long considering the ease of the achievements.

Quit moaning, man up and focus, 1 week left is more then enough, even when you have a job, wife, kids and who-knows-what-else that might distract you.

True, I made it in four days and it was my first time.
I played my third HC-Char ever for the 1MHC.

First one was a ST-Scion in Domination and ripped at 65 due to underdeveloped Alt+F4-reflexes.

Second one was an Arc-Templar in Bloodlines which I stopped playing after completing the challenge at level 64, so he is still alive.

1MHC as an Arc-Templar as well. Completed 4/4 over nine days taking it very slowly. I did not open any strongboxes except Gemcutter's and did not roll my maps at all (started mapping at 64). Character is still alive and maybe I will continue playing him to go for the level 90 achievement.

Alt+F4-count over all HC-characters: 2

All things considered I enjoy SC more, because sometimes I like to get reckless ;)

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm playing solo/selffound exclusively, so gearing a character from scratch is always a PITA...
Last edited by fenris76 on Apr 17, 2015, 5:16:47 AM
"
Punica1980 wrote:

No it isn't. I sometimes come home late from work and go to dinner with my wife, or meet friends after work. On those days I don't play at all, and I don't even have kids. Getting to level 80 in one week seems easy if you got time to spare and if you got no idea about the grown-up world.
People who have work, wife and kids and STILL level to 80 in one week should rethink their priorities :-)

on topic: I did both HC and SC, and I gotta say, the dark side of the moon (SC) [great novel by Martin Suter, btw] was a lot of fun - but the HC felt a lot more rewarding.

So for me:
HC: "You never go full retard"
SC: YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO420kappa, LEEEEEEEEEERRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY JJJEEEEENNNKKKIIINNNSSS etc.

I have always played both, but mostly HC; which is what I'll keep doing, both leagues/playstyles have their advantages.
"

Dont listen to them.

My lvl 80 on 1MHC took me 32h of ingame time to get to 80 safely. That would be 5h/day, which is impossible if you have some kind of social life.

DW, even if I got the red MTX, I find the blue SC ones prettier :>

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Last edited by Vincendra on Apr 18, 2015, 9:28:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info