SC people that tried HC for the first time.

My main focus is in HC challenge leagues and i do push my chars over the top and not skip things at most of the times (if i skip whats the point?)
But when i play SC for the challenges i die there like a scrub and i don't really care :P

For me SC = practice league and HC = the serious game
Beta Member Since 2010
delete
Last edited by Brickstain on Dec 6, 2019, 3:21:17 AM
"
Brickstain wrote:
This was the first time I've played HC after 400 hours of PoE. First died to a strongbox which lagged me out a bit at level 24. Re-rolled to my trusty Tornado Shot and finished all the challenges. (This was my second try and I'm pretty proud)

My experience was exactly thinking it was HC. All the rip vods and people telling how hard HC is changed my play style quite a bit. I noticed I was engaging enemies very carefully, paid more attention to where, which mob was and what could potentially kill me any second.

BTW, Smoke Mine was the only way for me to open Strongboxes.
Now my HC Tornado shot is twice as strong as my SC Tornado shot. This is also because I found out that Unique items aren't all that and learned more about rare items and their potential.

so your saying you've seen the light lol

Praise RNGesus
I dont see any any key!
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:
GGG has made a good move. Cosmetic rewards are a nice way to lure people that usually play SC to try HC for the first time.
Given the fact that many people believed that HC is more about AltF4ing like crazy and less about skill and game knowledge in these forums, I would like to know if the experience changed some peoples minds.
I'm not trying to start the usual SC vs HC war ( I play and enjoy both modes). I actually want to see what people actually think after experiencing HC for the first time.

See I'm going to have to disagree and call this a bad move. It's too small a timeframe and for me at least, has resulted in extreme frustration. I'm not one of those players that knows how to build a character that will get to merciless in a single day, and when you have a full time job, getting all the rewards in both modes, rewards we will never see again, and having to spend your lunch breaks and days off entirely on a character only to lose him is making me hate this game.

I'd need at least another week or two to properly do this. I'm mostly learning that in Merciless I can't just stand in certain bloodlines packs that were fine for a pure tank character before, but it's too late. I can't bear the rage and shouting of losing a 5th character with under a week left.

I never want to go back, and shame on GGG for doing this kind of a reward scheme with so short a period. HC always gets the coolest rewards, and this is worse than a master dedicated to pvp.
The more More you have, the less Less matters
"
Avereth12 wrote:
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:
GGG has made a good move. Cosmetic rewards are a nice way to lure people that usually play SC to try HC for the first time.
Given the fact that many people believed that HC is more about AltF4ing like crazy and less about skill and game knowledge in these forums, I would like to know if the experience changed some peoples minds.
I'm not trying to start the usual SC vs HC war ( I play and enjoy both modes). I actually want to see what people actually think after experiencing HC for the first time.

See I'm going to have to disagree and call this a bad move. It's too small a timeframe and for me at least, has resulted in extreme frustration. I'm not one of those players that knows how to build a character that will get to merciless in a single day, and when you have a full time job, getting all the rewards in both modes, rewards we will never see again, and having to spend your lunch breaks and days off entirely on a character only to lose him is making me hate this game.

I'd need at least another week or two to properly do this. I'm mostly learning that in Merciless I can't just stand in certain bloodlines packs that were fine for a pure tank character before, but it's too late. I can't bear the rage and shouting of losing a 5th character with under a week left.

I never want to go back, and shame on GGG for doing this kind of a reward scheme with so short a period. HC always gets the coolest rewards, and this is worse than a master dedicated to pvp.

if you died five times your doing something wrong

also you dont have to know how to "build a character that will get to merciless in a single day" you can just look up a build, it tends to be more effective unless you very experienced
I dont see any any key!
the SC armor set is better looking than the HC,

But HC>SC still.
The best part about these challenges was that GGG made the fugly mask the 4/4 reward, so you can stop at 3/4 with a clear conscience.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
"
k1rage wrote:

also you dont have to know how to "build a character that will get to merciless in a single day" you can just look up a build, it tends to be more effective unless you very experienced

I have never died to the same mistake in hardcore ever. But there's an awful lot of room for first times.

I have never and will never look up a build. I intend to learn this game the hard way, not by just following templates. Unfortunately, it also means 'doing something wrong' in the context of hardcore play since there's not enough time to keep figuring out where my gear or passive tree went wrong.
The more More you have, the less Less matters
Let's just say my HC mara had over 5k Life completely NAKED.
"
Avereth12 wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

I have never died to the same mistake in hardcore ever. But there's an awful lot of room for first times.

I have never and will never look up a build. I intend to learn this game the hard way, not by just following templates. Unfortunately, it also means 'doing something wrong' in the context of hardcore play since there's not enough time to keep figuring out where my gear or passive tree went wrong.

Hc definitely has a steep and unforgiving learning curve. My only advice for someone who has little time to play but wants to play future hc one-months is to keep playing hc or at least focus heavily on not dying in sc so you will be ready next time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info