jewels discussion: bringing RNG and Economy to the Passive Tree

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
miljan wrote:

Apparently you didn't played any other arpg recently. If this game had only problems with chromes it would be great, unfortunately it's not even close to that, as the game is full of limitations and bad mechanics.

I did, they were all way worse than PoE :)

Yea, in your dreams :P.
"
miljan wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
miljan wrote:

Apparently you didn't played any other arpg recently. If this game had only problems with chromes it would be great, unfortunately it's not even close to that, as the game is full of limitations and bad mechanics.

I did, they were all way worse than PoE :)

Yea, in your dreams :P.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Boem wrote:

Jewels have a max of 4 stats and are thus extremely easily crafted even for solo players.

I won´t believe this argument till i see how the implementation is of jewels and their difference in different rarities and their impact of importance for builds.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
Spysong192 wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Jewels have a max of 4 stats and are thus extremely easily crafted even for solo players.

I won´t believe this argument till i see how the implementation is of jewels and their difference in different rarities and their impact of importance for builds.

I can agree with that, but then why enter a thread based on pure speculation to begin with? :p All of these post's are redundant/invalid until actual testing and release.

I am just pointing out the obvious counter argument based on current information available.(completely redundant like mentioned though, but fun none-the-less)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I only entered because i wanted to make with one of xavs posts clear that every game balance here is build around trading in mind. That´s all why i´m here. It was just a sentence from him that leaped into my eye. ^^

I will QQ because of the tree and level progression infected by trade and RNG when i know what exactly i should QQ about... or not... depends how GGG implement that.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
Spysong192 wrote:
I only entered because i wanted to make with one of xavs posts clear that every game balance here is build around trading in mind. That´s all why i´m here. It was just a sentence from him that leaped into my eye. ^^

I will QQ because of the tree and level progression infected by trade and RNG when i know what exactly i should QQ about... or not... depends how GGG implement that.

the main reason why I wrote this before the Beta, is I can make a pretty good guess how GGG will implement this. I saw them implement many things across 2.5 years, and most implementations had one guideline in mind.

so I'd like them to reconsider the way they'll implement it, before it is already fully implemented, on the live servers, and overall too late.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Get into the beta, test their implementation and make comments then :D

Atm we don't know if the rare jewels are 1c or 10c or 2 ex.

I mean... you think rare boots that have life and dual res are good right? They are only 2 chaos, negligible impact. If the jewels are like that, I don't think anyone could complain.

On the other hand... if good jewels are 2 ex and you need like 7 of them, you'd probably be one of 10000 players complaining =3
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Get into the beta, test their implementation and make comments then :D

Atm we don't know if the rare jewels are 1c or 10c or 2 ex.

I mean... you think rare boots that have life and dual res are good right? They are only 2 chaos, negligible impact. If the jewels are like that, I don't think anyone could complain.

On the other hand... if good jewels are 2 ex and you need like 7 of them, you'd probably be one of 10000 players complaining =3

to help you catch-up, Chunda, the main point of this thread is the current iteration of the Passive Tree, is neither 1 Chaos nor 2 Exalts.
it's "level up/do quest = get point = grab node you wanted". no RNG. no Trade.

the secondary point is, to a self-found player the price in Wraeclast Dollars doesn't mean anything. a Jewel in your hand and Orbs to craft it, does.
both are RNG to at least some extent.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I have mixed feelings about RNG in the passive tree but I'll be ok if they just make non-unique jewels have reasonable rates for mod rolling (unlike Tyrannishit) for all rolls and make uniques have a reasonable drop rate except for the ones that are as strong as certain uniques like the +1 curse jewel - make this jewel have a similar drop rate to Doedre's Damning and follow similar principle for similar jewels.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Apr 19, 2015, 2:05:46 PM
I guess you're right John but any of us who've played at least a few ARPGs in our time knew this was coming from about 1000 miles away.

I don't think there is a way to implement this in PoE without RNG - no such thing as deterministic mods in this game, even masters have RNG to start off with and RNG in their rolls. Even if it wasn't socketed into the passive tree it would still be RNG (extra gear slots maybe)

Gotta suck it up and hope it ain't too bad. I mean... did you have a suggestion for a non-RNG version? Excuse me for coming into this thread after 25 pages >.<
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Apr 19, 2015, 2:11:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info