PoE Economy is Realistic

"
Sexcalibure wrote:

[Removed by Support]

they refers to people
i never said "all" the people, i just said People

I read it just fine
when you say 'people', you are generalizing, implying at least majority does so, which is pure generalization out of thin air. just like the 'fact' you posted. maybe you shouldve said 'some people' instead.

again, please speak for yourself and for yourself only. jut because YOU see it this way, doesn't mean anything with the regard how others see it. you are not a spokesperson for people. you speak for exactly one person and that's your screen name.
Last edited by Rachel on Apr 13, 2015, 6:58:26 PM
people dont play games to escape from reality.

see how easy it was ? I didnt say 'all people' so my statement must also be true, right ?
thats exactly why I only speak for myself and I advise you to do the same.
If you want a good functioning econonie in a game look no further then eve online the poe economie is a fucking joke compared to that.
But it's not realistic at all

GGG aren't printing orbs out of thin air and selling it to the people and charging interest
GGG aren't engaged in wars across wraeclast to ensure orbs get accepted as currency

OP doesn't know how the economy works
Let the games begin
i named one specific part. don't twist my words
I hope they never really change how trading is accomplished in this game.

sure, it is certainly a pain, but it's like that for a reason.
it requires time and effort to trade.
if they do implement some type of auction house, or trade board..
it has to be short term online only listings.

allowing people to list a number of items with orb buyout prices,
log off, and log in hours or days later to collect said orbs would
in my opinion be horrible for this game.

the way it is now, some ppl make orbs trading a lot of the time
some ppl don't like to trade as much they grind mostly.
some ppl find a nice balance between playing and trading.

all of these are viable ways to spend your time in path of exile
( and that's not even getting into racing, pvp, hideouts, and the utopian society
that is global chat 1 )

I concede that you probably have to do at least a bit of trading in path of exile
to get to where you want to be.. but only a bit.
and trading gets much easier as you acquire game and item knowledge which comes from
playing the game. from experience in the game. from a willingness to learn the trade portion of the game. and that's what it is. and I hope it does not drastically change.
do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
David Graeber - Debt: The First 5,000 Years

There is your dose of Realism.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Apr 16, 2015, 12:20:01 AM
inb4 TAX SEASON
Spoiler
PoE economy is indeed a fucking joke compared to EVE. EVE gives the player great economic info to make informed decisions. PoE gives you a fucking trade window. 3rd party websites make it more tolerable, but they're full of irrelevant outdated listings, and fake listings which only serve to alter price discovery.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
whineston wrote:
But it's not realistic at all

GGG aren't printing orbs out of thin air and selling it to the people and charging interest
GGG aren't engaged in wars across wraeclast to ensure orbs get accepted as currency

OP doesn't know how the economy works

+1 , you ve made my day :O

Could Add :

GGG is not buying all items in wraeclast with the same orbs that they printed out of nothing :D
Last edited by Kenshiro069 on Apr 16, 2015, 10:15:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info