PoE Economy is Realistic

"
Loreweaver wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
"
Loreweaver wrote:
Gee, it's like realistically modeled economies will follow basic economic theory and remain healthy for far longer than games with unrealistic economic models :P

Can you explain what you consider to be "healthy" in an ingame economy and why that property is so good for an economy that resets every X months?

Well, it's certainly not ideal, but it's pretty stable and not subject to rampant inflation like Diablo 3 or Gaia Online or the US Dollar.

Why is "inflation" an issue in a game that resets its economy every X months?
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
This is why GGG should change it
People play video games to evade real life and it rules and principles

They don't come in a video game to suffer from the same bias that life impose them

As for casuals, they have not much time to play, they want to play the game when they log in
Not trade simulator

of course it's possible to give players what they want: more currency, faster progress, massive endgame items .... if you just counter it by constant power creep and periodic item wipes.
just remove permanent leagues from poe and a better world opens. if you find enough players for this type of game.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
This is why GGG should change it

They don't come in a video game to suffer from the same bias that life impose them

As for casuals, they have not much time to play, they want to play the game when they log in
Not trade simulator

of course it's possible to give players what they want: more currency, faster progress, massive endgame items .... if you just counter it by constant power creep and periodic item wipes.
just remove permanent leagues from poe and a better world opens. if you find enough players for this type of game.

I like Geradon point of view, I have exactly the same point of view.
Most games, sucessfull or not, operate based on a regular power creep model, and I don't see what's so bad in that.

It's like thess games where designers sell you the "very realistic graphic engine". My first reaction is always: What the f*ck ?
The last thing I want in a game is realism. If I want to earn money and trade for stuff, I highly prefer to do it IRL rather than in a videogame...
Games are supposed to be about dream, impossible things, evasion, things you CANNOT do in real life... Playing "like" in real life is utter bullshit.

When you see the endresult of the current worldwide economy (IRL), you can only wish that we find another economic model in a near future, because the current one is hitting a wall.
Last edited by tienbasse on Apr 13, 2015, 2:41:40 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

let's not speak for everyone here.
"
grepman wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

He always does that. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Rachel on Apr 13, 2015, 6:55:39 PM
"
tienbasse wrote:

It's like thess games where designers sell you the "very realistic graphic engine". My first reaction is always: What the f*ck ?
The last thing I want in a game is realism. If I want to earn money and trade for stuff, I highly prefer to do it IRL rather than in a videogame...
Games are supposed to be about dream, impossible things, evasion, things you CANNOT do in real life... Playing "like" in real life is utter bullshit.

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"(c)BL

not everyone is looking for the same thing in games as you do. there was (maybe still is, too lazy to look it up) a game called microsoft flight simulator. guess what it was about- flying a plane as realistically as possible for mass consumers

games can be about a lot of things.
"
mazul wrote:
"
Loreweaver wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
Can you explain what you consider to be "healthy" in an ingame economy and why that property is so good for an economy that resets every X months?

Well, it's certainly not ideal, but it's pretty stable and not subject to rampant inflation like Diablo 3 or Gaia Online or the US Dollar.

Why is "inflation" an issue in a game that resets its economy every X months?

Oh, you're one of the people who ignores the permanent leagues, then. I thought we were talking about something that, y'know, lasts :P Temp leagues have short-lived economies, true, but they're hardly lasting enough to gauge their health in the long term.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
"
grepman wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

Not speaking for anyone, its a known fact
all entertainment have that function

anyway...

"
ImmaPokemon wrote:

He always does that. [Removed by Support]

says the probated guy!

By the way, you'll learn that in life people can have different opinion, that doesnt make them troll...
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Rachel on Apr 13, 2015, 6:56:52 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

you just spoke for everyone,

you said: "They don't come in a video game to suffer from the same bias that life impose them"

I am a person.
I play video games.
I play video games FULLY expecting same bias I see in life.

therefore you just spoke for me generalizing your 'fact' that is not true in my case. stop applying generalizations to everyone, speak for yourself please.

dont say 'they don't come in a video game to suffer from the same bias that life impose them'
say 'I don't come in a video game to suffer from the same bias that life impose on me'
Last edited by grepman on Apr 13, 2015, 4:52:06 PM
"
grepman wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

you just spoke for everyone,

you said: "They don't come in a video game to suffer from the same bias that life impose them"

I am a person.
I play video games.
I play video games FULLY expecting same bias I see in life.

therefore you just spoke for me generalizing your 'fact' that is not true in my case. stop applying generalizations to everyone, speak for yourself please.

dont say 'they don't come in a video game to suffer from the same bias that life impose them'
say 'I don't come in a video game to suffer from the same bias that life impose on me'

[Removed by Support]

they refers to people
i never said "all" the people, i just said People

ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Rachel on Apr 13, 2015, 6:57:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info