PoE Economy is Realistic

"
b15h09 wrote:
PoE economy is indeed a fucking joke compared to EVE. EVE gives the player great economic info to make informed decisions. PoE gives you a fucking trade window. 3rd party websites make it more tolerable, but they're full of irrelevant outdated listings, and fake listings which only serve to alter price discovery.

EVE indeed does have the most complex economy of any game ive seen, but poe is not too bad
at least GGG dident just abandon the economy the way D3 did lol
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
b15h09 wrote:
PoE economy is indeed a fucking joke compared to EVE. EVE gives the player great economic info to make informed decisions. PoE gives you a fucking trade window. 3rd party websites make it more tolerable, but they're full of irrelevant outdated listings, and fake listings which only serve to alter price discovery.

EVE indeed does have the most complex economy of any game ive seen, but poe is not too bad

True, I guess... but D3's problems were much deeper than the 'lets drop massive quantities of shit loot and have players look to other players to get their gear' thing they had going on (which is a PoE problem, too). At least initially D3 facilitated their shit drop scheme with a trade system, even if the RMAH was dumb as shit. And these days, it's okay for killing monsters with my 5 yo on the playstation. Easy for him to grasp.

One of D3's real problem was it's mechanical simplicity, which translated to piss poor itemization. ARPGs are already piss simple with gameplay. They need mechanical complexity to make them at all interesting. I'm hopeful PoE can move away from a 'stack defenses' itemization priority now that desync is going away.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
b15h09 wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
"
b15h09 wrote:

True, I guess... but D3's problems were much deeper than the 'lets drop massive quantities of shit loot and have players look to other players to get their gear' thing they had going on (which is a PoE problem, too). At least initially D3 facilitated their shit drop scheme with a trade system, even if the RMAH was dumb as shit. And these days, it's okay for killing monsters with my 5 yo on the playstation. Easy for him to grasp.

One of D3's real problem was it's mechanical simplicity, which translated to piss poor itemization. ARPGs are already piss simple with gameplay. They need mechanical complexity to make them at all interesting. I'm hopeful PoE can move away from a 'stack defenses' itemization priority now that desync is going away.

the RMAH was incredibly dumb but hardcore only had a gold one and i thought it worked nicely, but instead of just getting rid of the RMAH the get rid of both and then just say ok everyone just play self found now, weak approach

and in hardcore people will always stack defenses lol
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:

and in hardcore people will always stack defenses lol

Yeah, true. But maybe 'stack move speed' will be a viable option for defense now, at least in SC. And without desync, maybe I'll find HC worth playing.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
Poe has some random elements that reminds you some of the worst elements of real life economy (a.k.a. real state, speculation, collusion, conspiracy, riding bubbles, and so on).

On the other hand, in real life you have currency, you can buy from you cell, your computer, wrv the fuck else, and have the thing delivered to your house.

Real life economy works on the absolutely opposite idea poes does, in real life people want to make trade easier, faster, cheaper, they want to eliminate as far as possible any delay between the pop of a consumers desire of a product and the act of buying the damn thing.

POEs economy is the result of a CONTRADICTORY DESIGN by GGG to artificially work around problems that should be solved in a direct way and not with suspect tricks that create other problems:

1) GGG wants the game not to be solo self found. They want trade, they want "player interaction".

2) but at he same time, GGG does not want trade to be a nice experience, because there's this stupid idea that Diablo 3 was a bust because of the fact that items were easier to find, which lead to players getting bored once the had nothing else to do.

The result, a small % of the player base uses trade, and an even less people actually even bother to actually play the economy game beyond just buying from time to time something they need.

The worst of each world.

GGG does not want you to enjoy the game without trading, but at the same time they do jack shit to make something with the trading system that's just undeniable a torture to deal with.
Glory to the Republicans!
We run around with magic weapons and armour killing an endless supply of non existent monsters, but you try to draw parallels with real life economics. Lol at the shut ins trying to justify grinding 12-16 hrs a day by calling it realistic.

It is a game, a game that wants players to trade but fails to incorporate the tools to do so effectively. Third party websites started appearing as the games economic model would not work without them. Any developer relying on third party community support for basic and fundamental mechanics is failing.
Regards Hexcaliber
Last edited by Hexcaliber on Nov 10, 2016, 6:23:58 AM
"
Hexcaliber wrote:
Any developer relying on third party community support for basic and fundamental mechanics is failing.

have you seen the documents to bolster your claims of "third party"?

and what "fundamental"?
the game worked without poe.trade for years. if they fixed trade chat so players only release one post per 10 min in all channels, it would be usable.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Nov 10, 2016, 7:29:09 AM
Long story short: PoE favors actual marketing nerds and not gamers. Makes a lot of sense when you note that the most loyal players have way too much money to spend on ePeen forum badges and piles of RNG boxes.

Also, the housing bubble was not started because of people overpaying. It was started because banks were giving mortgages to literally anybody.
This is a buff™
Except it is "realistic."

The Path of Exile economy is a nice little bubble where free market theory meets practice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info