Closed Beta FAQ for Path of Exile: The Awakening

thank you for all details.
"
Pathological wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
I think that's it for now. But an overarching message in this post is: you salty olks need to take a step back and think about what is good for GGG and Path of Exile, not what is good for you.
No, we don't.

PoE hasn't needed a "closed" beta for any previous content update, and the releases have been excellent across the board. The throwback from stuff that is overpowered on release is extremely minimal, and if anything has added more positives than negatives to the overall story of the game (remembering back to pre-nerf frozen sky or op corrupting blood mobs is part of the poe vernacular.

I see nothing but negative from having any sort of "closed" beta that doesn't include an NDA. It means that some people get to experience content, while other people get to watch other people experience content. It sucks.

Poe has, thus far, existed as a company that has somehow existed outside of the current game paradigm. They have integrity where other game companies have lacked; the changing beta paradigm was one such area. No more.

You know what kills me about you? Your profile says "Bronze Supporter". This means you were in the original Closed Beta. It worked ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME WAY. Some folks got lucky, others paid to get in (this is the different part, maybe), and everyone else had to either watch friends/streamers/etc or read the forums.

I bet you didn't have a problem with the setup back then when you paid to get in.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Last edited by Archwizard on Apr 13, 2015, 10:37:44 AM
"
Jauer wrote:
how can fead back from new and old players be eaqle valueble.. some ppl sit with such deap knowlege of skills, synegies, gear utilazation and breaking intented abilitys. along with item manufactoring.. cant see how that can be compared with "oh this looks cool".

Please go back and re-read my post on page 25 I'll even give you a link.

The last two big paragraphs answer that question.

-Galileo Galilei
I just don't get why they don't make the necessary changes to actually fix dsync, i know the engine has to be fixed and it might cost them alot. But In the long run I'm pretty sure their player base would grow with over 10% if not even more if dsyncing was fixed becuase every single person that has quitted this game it must've been because of dsync its like cancer in your body everytime it happends
To clarify: this is not a complaint. This has to do with equality. I didnt ask for it. And I didnt write it. I merely read it in Chris' post.

"Are certain accounts more likely than others to get in? I've played PoE for 3000 hours.

All accounts have an equal chance of being selected. It's important that we get a mix of new players and veterans. Their feedback and data is equally useful."

Fair enough. Seems I'll have the same odds as anyone else of getting in.

But then ofc u read that there will be exceptions. Which, to my knowledge, is contradictory with the very notion of equality.

All accounts doesnt mean some and not others. There is no premeditated selection in an equal and random draw. U know this, and I know this. Is that complaining? If u were to ask me which model would be more beneficial for GGG, which model I'd endorse: Id say go with the free publicity that streamers will offer u.

But then again, theres nothing "equal" in that. And thats just a fact.

noun, plural equalities.
the state or quality of being equal; correspondence in quantity, degree, value, rank, or ability.
IGN: Daario__Naharis, Captain__Harlock, Paul__Atreides
Marty__McFly, Silk__Spectre. Kylo__Ren
"
Pjey wrote:
I just don't get why they don't make the necessary changes to actually fix dsync, i know the engine has to be fixed and it might cost them alot. But In the long run I'm pretty sure their player base would grow with over 10% if not even more if dsyncing was fixed becuase every single person that has quitted this game it must've been because of dsync its like cancer in your body everytime it happends

Because it literally isn't fixable.

-Galileo Galilei
I really like GGG insisting that anybody will get a chance to enter. But there MUST be some kind of pack that guarantees Beta entry. Else bots will get the beta codes with their thousands of alts and will sell them as was the case for early beta. Keys were sold for less that $5.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
"
KhelThuzad wrote:
I really like GGG insisting that anybody will get a chance to enter. But there MUST be some kind of pack that guarantees Beta entry. Else bots will get the beta codes with their thousands of alts and will sell them as was the case for early beta. Keys were sold for less that $5.

Can I sign up with multiple accounts to increase my chances of getting in?

No. Additional accounts will not be eligible. People trying to game the system will be removed. It's fine for multiple people in the same household to sign up as long as they are different people and have only one account each.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
@Archwizard

Very nice post summed all the points , although I dont know myself if i want beta or i dont care , I have other things to do while i wait even if i get beta key i wont be testing too much i just want to play act 4 in fresh new hardcore league together with my Fellow players !!!!!without honestly knowing what bosses do or how they kill you that makes me excited and TBH i wish there was no open beta at all so i can see as less spoilers and rip as many times on hardcore as possible before I beat it on my own , since mostly i play selfound and almost never buy gear from other players , thats fun for me.... and sooner is realese the better i was hoping it will come out this month , but when i saw how massive its going to be i admit i can wait :D of course its sucks that they release it on summer time ;( oh well we still love GG
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"
KhelThuzad wrote:

Can I sign up with multiple accounts to increase my chances of getting in?

No. Additional accounts will not be eligible. People trying to game the system will be removed. It's fine for multiple people in the same household to sign up as long as they are different people and have only one account each.

I believe the best way to solve any potential problems involving beta keys, is not to have them at all.

have the accounts that are granted access, be granted access... I know it sounds like I repeated myself, but rather than a key, just change the status of the account internally. For those potential "keys" that GGG plans on giving to websites etc. Just ask the website to e-mail them the account name that won and make the adjustment to the winners account.

The above solution, if feasible, would eliminate most problems involved with "keys", the only other issue I see would be selling the "account", that can nipped in the butt using GGG's existing location detection software (I think).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info