Closed Beta FAQ for Path of Exile: The Awakening

"
H4NS wrote:

ya, young jimmy that started to play last week will give great feedback that helps the game.

Like:

*why do I lose xp on death?
*please make the game easier
*you should be able to support fireball with 5x gmp support gems!
*please buff shock nova

His feedback might prove essential to attracting new players. People who've played the game long enough have already given their feedback on the actual state of the game. The only thing they can do better than new players, is feedback for Act IV.

With GGG changing so many things, they really need to know if it's adequate for new players.

So yes, great feedback that helps the game.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
xxArturoxx wrote:
"
All accounts have an equal chance of being selected.

except streamers and alpha testers...

Some streamers. Not a whole lot of PoE streamers have over 1mil views, though for long-time PoE streamers, I'm sure they'll adjust that number
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

How we can compete with streamers and ppl who get a key in races if they get such huuuuge advantage by playing beta and learning game and boss fights earlier?
Last edited by Xavros on Apr 13, 2015, 2:29:03 AM
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Will there be forums available to Closed Beta members for feedback and trading?

Yes.

How you want to test progression, if you are enabling cheating of trading from beginning? Quite non-logical for me...

I'm not sure you understand why trading is important to the testing of game mechanics. There will plenty of players who test the difficulty of the content (with/without trading) and there will be many player who will theory craft 100's of builds that require specific gear/gems/jewels etc.

trading makes it possible to do this in a timely fashion. It's more about the game, than the economy in this case. As with the original CB, I hope that the active players will be helpful and fairly trade their items, than play the market. I hope anyways
"
Xavros wrote:
How we can compete with streamers and ppl who get a key in races if they get such huuuuge advantage by playing beta and learning game and boss fights earlier?

It might be difficult to compete with them *immediately*, but Act 4 will be around for a long time, and players will learn quickly, especially if they use the resources available to them:

PoE Forums
Guild mates / friends
external websites
etc.

Everyone will catch up quite quickly I imagine
I'm sorry Chris, but don't you think the playerbase from 2011 till 2015 hasn't increased maybe a tiny bit? The timer was fine back then, but now? Really? 288 invites per day is NOT even a drop in the bucket...
Last edited by MyH4o on Apr 13, 2015, 2:35:58 AM
"
Josephoenix wrote:
I'm not sure you understand why trading is important to the testing of game mechanics.

In my opinion, this game would be much better without trading so I ignore this part of game, as much as I can.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Apr 13, 2015, 2:41:10 AM
Cannot wait!! Hope I get it soon :D
ty GGG
the hype is real
keep it up
good info
and good luck
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Josephoenix wrote:
I'm not sure you understand why trading is important to the testing of game mechanics.

In my opinion, this game would be much better without trading so I ignore this part of game, as much as I can.

well that's a discussion for another day/thread. End of the day it IS a part of PoE. Whether you/I like it or not (I have been on both sides of that fence).

So considering it is a part of the game, and that it will make the testing go quicker (for all of us). Thus allowing the expansion to come out earlier, than if trading wasn't allowed in the beta...

we should all be happy that those in the beta can trade.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info