Act IV - German Client

I found this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1207788
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What countries will get own language version after Russia? How far is the german translation? Will you provide german only servers or just let us play on the internationals with a german client?

I can announce that we have German, French and Brazilian Portuguese translations underway as well as a few languages we can't announce yet. It's likely that German and French will be released alongside the Act Four expansion, and will function as alternate client languages on the existing international servers. We are not planning to re-dub the voice acting for those languages at this stage.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But nothing in the Beta Notes.

Any new information about the german language in Act IV?
Wait till its in the announcements.
Zu 100% kommt der deutsche Client mit dem Patch 2.0^^

Würde ihn aber wohl eher nicht installieren^^ Kennst sich ja kein Mensch mehr aus mit den Namen usw.^^
Bayern des samma mia
Pressematerial/Teaser =/= Patch Notes. Und für die Finalversion 2.0 schonmal garnicht :-D Ich denke aber, dass es tatsächlich soweit sein könnte, auch wenn wir jetzt schon eine ganze Weile keine Neuigkeiten oder Previews mehr gesehen haben. Eine bessere Gelegenheit als die Expansion, neue Spieler zu werben wird's wohl ne ganze Weile nicht mehr geben. :-)
The german in this thread is over 9000!
Ich hoffe das damit auch mehr Spieler kommen. GGG hätte es verdient. PoE ist ein echt super gutes Spiel
Bayern des samma mia
Vielleicht fügt sich dann auch für eng-nubs wie mich die Geschichte endlich mal zusammen ^^

"
Zu 100% kommt der deutsche Client mit dem Patch 2.0^^

Würde ihn aber wohl eher nicht installieren^^ Kennst sich ja kein Mensch mehr aus mit den Namen usw.^^

Bin ich noch eher skeptisch, ist schon länger ruhig was die Übersetzungen angeht.
Wir sind gespannt!
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Unfortunately I think only the texts will be translated, but not the voices. That is at least what I've read from GGG here somewhere.
It'd make a lot of sense if this content release in conjunction with a localized version would be used to attract local partners - maybe not at the start of the beta, but at the end of it. Reasoning: if i were GGG, i'd try to keep the people who have access to the content before the official announcement as few as possible - but for localization, you'll need quite some people working on the different localizations. Thus, hold back on the localized version until the end of the beta, push the localization of Act4 while the Beta is running, release the official version together with complete localizations.

That'd maximize the amount of media presence for the game and make it much more attractive for local media to cover the game.
Last edited by ahcos on Apr 12, 2015, 10:01:48 PM
Only Garena Russia client has voices translated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info