Surely there will be a new Jewel Master right?

Given that it's just 2pre-2post affixes for jewels, I doubt that the vendor would sell or have a crafting bench that deals in mods for them.

More realistically, the jewel master could just be a white jewel dispensary, and could even have "master-specific" jewels that have modified affix tables. That kind of thing would be nice.

(Also, somewhat related huge +1 to changing Jeweler's Strongboxes to drop jewels now in the 2.0.2 patch. Now they just need to figure out what to do with Jeweler's Orbs having nothing to do with Jewels.)
they also have a very positive impact on the economy, giving poor players something to craft with their alteration orbs rather than turning them into fusings or selling them
"
I disagree that jewels are easily rolled. Have you looked at the mod table on the wiki? It takes a fair amount of effort to create a jewel that basically functions as a customised Notable. Easy enough to roll one that's pretty good, but fine tuning? That's the realm of the master.

fine tuning is the realm of investing a lot of currency which is how it should be, you can do it gradually and use them even when they only have 1 or 2 good mods unlike with pretty much everything else

making a decent jewel is much much cheaper than making a good weapon, they only have 4 mods masters would ruin it
to get what? you use alts for 2 mods, regal for the third and there, you have your jewel

life is a prefix, then there's at least one more damage mod you want, and there are a lot of suffixes, like for example SRS jewels, you have 2 good prefixes and a lot of suffixes (cast speed, attack and cast speed, cast speed with a staff, cast speed with fire skills)

i have been crafting jewels with the currency i find while making a new character, at first i just got jewels with the minion damage mod and some resists, then i managed to bink a jewel with 2 mods, it takes a lot of alts but you can do it with what you find while you go along

have you ever crafted an end game item? i haven't because i don't even have 1% of the currency needed, yet i crafted some decent jewels that work great for me

they are already hundreds or thousands of time cheaper to craft than other items which need 4-5 mods on them, you wanna buy them like gems or what? it's prefect, someone playing self found can craft them himself which is impossible for other items, for weapons you can hardly even master craft them playing self found
Last edited by 1235 on Aug 23, 2015, 7:57:17 PM
I dont really see need. No tiers like gear and Jewels are only 4 stat. There should be some RNG and good jewels like crit/crit/dam/ias should be relatively hard to roll. Not just step up to masters counter.
Git R Dun!
I agree with charan, its easy to roll a good jewel, its not easy to roll the exact good jewel you want for your build. I feel like you roll blue jewels, regal the good ones, sell them and then buy the one you actually wanted from someone else. Starting with alts and ending with a 4 stat jewel that is exactly what you wanted is by no means an easy task.

sure still a lot easier than rolling an amazing physical crit weapon, but why should they be the same? These are essentially passive nodes, its an entirely different thing. I think its wrong to take an example of something that is literally impossible for 99% of the player base to craft and say 'well its a lot easier than that so theres no need to make it easier'. I dont see anything wrong with having something in the game regular players can actually achieve. I think if you feel that literally anyone can roll what theyre looking for blue, regal what they want and then yolo exalt the 4th stat that they need then you are being unrealistic. I probably yolo exalted maybe 15 jewels and hit what I wanted on 2 of them. Everyone has 15ex to burn on rolling jewels? Dont think so tbh, soon as you are talking about exalting anything youve basically stuck 75% of the player base out of the equation, if they get an exalt or two they would have to be stupid to actually use them rather than investing in gear for their character through trade.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I feel like you roll blue jewels, regal the good ones, sell them and then buy the one you actually wanted from someone else. Starting with alts and ending with a 4 stat jewel that is exactly what you wanted is by no means an easy task.

The other day in WB's, I had more Chaos then I had alterations and now more alchs then I have alterations.

I may be addicted to rolling gems.
You know it takes to farm? It takes BRASS BALLS to farm items and currency. Go and do likewise gents. Currency is out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no sympathy for you.
A.B.F. --- Always Be Farming
"
Keep in mind you're also burning at least one passive skill per jewel.

It's rare to see people argue *against* a reduction in RNG. Surely we have enough of that to contend with across the board...

ya exactly, the crafting in this game is so ridiculous if something even comes in the range of being possible for the majority of players it seems so far removed from the rest of the crafting that our first reaction is "no thats way too over powered".

If we were talking about a way to craft a monstrous physical weapon Id agree, crafting a passive node though? Do we need that to be virtually impossible for the vast majority of players for the sake of 'balance'? I dont think we do, ultimately the master values would be half of the rare affix values at best, and it would give room for expensive mods that maybe cost 1 or 2 exalts and do something new and interesting.

"
jadenharrow wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I feel like you roll blue jewels, regal the good ones, sell them and then buy the one you actually wanted from someone else. Starting with alts and ending with a 4 stat jewel that is exactly what you wanted is by no means an easy task.

The other day in WB's, I had more Chaos then I had alterations and now more alchs then I have alterations.

I may be addicted to rolling gems.

lol, I know that feeling. In standard right now I have about 1500 chaos, 1050 alchs and 9 whole alterations...

yeah, might have been going just a little hard on the alts recently :D
Guys, stop with the blasphemous talk here, or you'll upset The Almighty Economy. Economy uber alles!
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
I dont think their Will be a jews master because its easyer to craft them only one bracket and only 2 sufix prefix....a jewel master sound really to op even if master craft top roll = 50% of max normal roll.

When you alt jews lot if Time you hit good jews for other build and Then you pût it in yor shop and try o an other one.

Jews crafting dont need be easyer at all.... After if you want a master wich can low stat why not , like 1% life , 2% phys , 2% atk speed why not but i dont feel we need stat...
Last edited by Dazoul on Aug 24, 2015, 9:53:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info