Recommend Me a Good Anime (Samkiud's "to Watch" List)

I just finished watching part 2 of the Jojo anime. They're doing an excellent job adapting the source material, and it's every bit as ridiculous and campy as I could've hoped.

I want Platinum to make a Jojo game so much.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
I watched all 25 episodes of Attack on Titan yesterday (while people clamour for beta keys, because I'm a dick) -- it's very good despite some pretty glaring flaws imo. 8/10. Glad I didn't find it the masterpiece so many people claim it to be.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 21, 2015, 10:03:27 PM
Definitely. The actual 3DMG gear scenes are exceptionally well animated, but it started introducing more and more filler towards the end.
Gameplay & Level Design
"
Charan wrote:
I watched all 25 episodes of Attack on Titan yesterday (while people clamour for beta keys, because I'm a dick) -- it's very good despite some pretty glaring flaws imo. 8/10. Glad I didn't find it the masterpiece so many people claim it to be.

What I liked the most was the pacing in the narrative. That's what is perfect in Attack on Titan, in my opinion.
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Definitely. The actual 3DMG gear scenes are exceptionally well animated, but it started introducing more and more filler towards the end.

Sadly, the manga went downhill so fast after the arcs the anime covered.

Recommendations? I think I saw someone mention Kara no Kyoukai(Garden of Sinners) so I'm gonna have to second that. I'd also recommend White Album 2(2013?) if you can stomach drama and somewhat cutesy stuff(not really the focus, drama is where it's at). Zankyou no Terror was also pretty nice.

I generally watch 3-4 episodes of most new series every season so I end up watching silly amounts. Lately I've been reading more novels(as they generally tend to be better than the adaptions) and if you find an anime you like that is based upon a novel if you can find it translated or in your language I'd recommend reading it!
Did anyone mention these??

Kights of Sidonia (Quite similar to Macross Frontier)
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Kiseijuu
"
Pokopensuke wrote:
Did anyone mention these??

Kights of Sidonia (Quite similar to Macross Frontier)

I think I mentioned this. I love this guy's weird, sprawling sci-fi landscapes so much.
Gameplay & Level Design
Oh cool. I should have read all comments.

By the way, the second season of Knights of Sidonia just started a few weeks ago in Japan.
Nice! I can't wait until they introduce the best character.
Gameplay & Level Design
HEre is alist I have no idea what's been mentioned already:

Shin Chan (you can watch them for free on funimation's youtube) I recommend watching the episode entitled "Get your hands off my happy cake" if it's your first time! A good follow up episode might be "Lucky Bastard Fever"

Persona - based on the game. It's hilarious on it's own but even better if you've played the game.

Lupin III probably already been mentioned though

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info