Dungeon Brutus... what is this bullshit? -.-

I will fight the Orchard Boss every time over Dungeon Brutus. Not kidding, I'm fine with Orchard since you can clear all mobs in the room before it even spawns then just keep moving and pick your time to attack and you win.
I can only kill Brutus via facetank shotgunning with granite and health flasks.

There is no safe way to deal with him for a non-tanky self found build, and the more you try to survive the more skeletons there will be. Easily over 20 very quickly.

Ignore the couple of elitists; Dungeon Brutus is stupid, and so are all other fights with a constant supply of adds. If anything Brutus is the least difficult of all the 'way-too-many-adds' bosses, though. Best to try the facetank granite rush and ignore everything else (because his fight is so well designed, Kappa).
That weird self found player who doesn't aim for any build? Yeah that's me, hi.
Self-Found No-Death No-Log Merciless Dom; hell yeah! Now will I ever do it in HC...? Oh dear.
P.S. Please delete Magnus and all Devourers.
Last edited by CajNatalie on Apr 1, 2015, 3:03:10 PM
"
CajNatalie wrote:
Ignore the couple of elitists; Dungeon Brutus is stupid, and so are all other fights with a constant supply of adds...

The sad truth is that there is no couple of elitists and a majority of normal players. It is just a couple of players like you that are unable to master the game mechanics. If you guys weren't so self-righteous you would be able to see that your so called "couple of elitists" gave every clue they could to help the op out. You really should stop calling people elitists and do more practice - less qq more pewpew.

lvl 73 dungeon map
two bosses
30% more boss dmg and 25% more attack speed
25% more life
Spoiler

As you can see I did not even use a flask or the vaal gem or any other fancy stuff. And yes this is not done with my incinerate guy, because I only use him when things get really hard. There are no secrets, there are no elitists, there is only playing with or without dmg mitigration.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Wispo wrote:

I mean: easy to do this with few mobs on screen, a completed exile and no desync. But try this with a toon still far from its goal. And in fact, many people complain about this fight. All of them are stupid people? I don't think so. I think that instead this fight it's lvl 66 only "on paper", but like Tunnel trap it's lever is higher. Bad tuning of difficulty/mechanic, in a nutshell

you can see that i am running arround without killing anything for 2 Minutes straight. (first part of the Video is on 2x speed)

"
I think 3k tooltip dps would be enough in almost every case

you really dont need 3k GMP Tooltip for 66 Maps... i was farming Atziri in Torment with about 2,5k GMP Tooltip...

Here is a video of this ultra budget atziri killer... (was in first week of Torment)
https://youtu.be/zgwQ4eJgbvI

Gear and Tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1156563
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
"

"
I think 3k tooltip dps would be enough in almost every case

you really dont need 3k GMP Tooltip for 66 Maps... i was farming Atziri in Torment with about 2,5k GMP Tooltip... Here is a video of this ultra budget atziri killer...

Of course you can kill Atziri with way less than 3k dps, I said "enough in almost every case" means even in lvl 78 maps with nasty combinations of mapmods (often way harder than Atziri). And of course you don't need 3k for a lvl 66 map. The OPs char has more than 10k es, MORE THAN 10K, to archive this amount of es he has to sacrifice MANY dmg nodes. A balanced char using incinerate shouldn't have 10k es and low dps with short range. About 3k dps was just a number for the op to orientate himself towards while reworking his tree.

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
The sad truth is...

I guess I should just learn to do things like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9_ovfwRilk
Just mash him instead of trying to safely whittle him down?
Because the 'safely whittle down' thing I have tried many times and creates too many skeletons and I just have to abandon the fight. Especially since I'm purposefully avoiding the Cookie Cutter Arc to force me in to spending time actually playing the game instead of holding two buttons down together whenever I see an enemy.
I am getting good because I play gimped and use more than 'attack while standing' and a single attack/spell.
That weird self found player who doesn't aim for any build? Yeah that's me, hi.
Self-Found No-Death No-Log Merciless Dom; hell yeah! Now will I ever do it in HC...? Oh dear.
P.S. Please delete Magnus and all Devourers.
Last edited by CajNatalie on Apr 2, 2015, 6:43:41 AM
Best thing about a static strike + block marauder is that all dem skellies kill the boss for me with the shitload of activating revenges/vengeances/retributions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info