Dungeon Brutus... what is this bullshit? -.-

His skellies might be bad...but I have never experienced worse than a twinned map with the spider boss that summons more spiders the whole time. I pulled it off because my summoner has multistriking on like everything....but it took forever.
The more More you have, the less Less matters
"
Avereth12 wrote:
His skellies might be bad...but I have never experienced worse than a twinned map with the spider boss that summons more spiders the whole time. I pulled it off because my summoner has multistriking on like everything....but it took forever.

Try the spider boss with Fracture - and despair^^
"
Wispo wrote:
When i entered the boss room... the sad surprise: the boss does not hit hard (or maybe is my es high.. i don't know)... but it has nearly a billion of fucking skeletons!!!!

It was IMPOSSIBLE to counterplay: in the entire room, there wasn't even a single damned squared inch where staying still and shoot (incinerate)!!!! Even running around the edges of the room with quicksilver and granites up, i continued to take damage without apparently being hit... desync!!!!

Brutus isn't hard. If the archers are hurting you, you're severely lacking in defense. Just burst down the archers while you're hitting brutus. The only thing that hurts is when he slams you. Post your gear and tree.
I must be at work in less than 20 minutes, i have few minutes to reply (will do better tomorrow).

All of you that do this face ----> O_____O when i say that i died with almost 10k es (around 9k or 9.6k, depending on what greaves i put on for sockets colour i need case by case).. well no offence but doing the super experts and trying to make me seem a noob is ridicolous, because IF you REALLY are the experts that you pose to, you SHOULD know that a single skelly's arrow can even do a laughable amount of damage (let's say 300 damage), but if you are hitted EVERY SINGLE SECOND by at least 20 arrows... well this means 6k damage per second. Plus brutus. Oh i forgot.. plus 3 blue flicker strikers/dischargers monsters (i don't remember the name) that keeped spamming that damn flicker strike like there is no tomorrow. Plus monstruos rubberbanding and desync (we all know that brutus hook desync like hell).

I am few points away from "sniper" node and its neighborn projectiles nodes. And i will take arsonist. But really... too much monsters!!!!

Here is my actual tree

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA2VsbJUuu6QLfim0Zpys1uRFQHU8tH1ZjFdeGriy_wcVJUfDVj_rsGAcelS7rYxEvKwq2913yDkgRlpmaX2rb50cG0NCLejbFHwLDbVxrhEji9wFvpwjYJPfBGmydrg18V8ko-uvuuJOm6zeD6rpTpQxfHKfGrpSg2mJodPnogsdBh7c-U1JFnZrgTLMEBzwtW6CnVXwOaPKvbEz_xp4Qfwx9L2_ZE3C7FVBJsdfP-TfviJMntAwc3H_Grj5343_jMfubWORRZ5tfPw==

I hope you manage to see it (it is the first time a post my tree on forum).

Side note: with an incinerate only 30% better that actual one, my previous witch managed to melt lvl 71 maps with ease. This boss fight is STUPID
Did you watch my Video? How i tanked that "hell of Arrows" for 2 mins streight without using a pot?

did it just for you!

https://youtu.be/eyG2YNpIqdU
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Apr 1, 2015, 9:22:19 AM
"
Wispo wrote:
Today, for the very first time, a dungeon map dropped for me. In the recent past i have (too muck quickly) read about Brutus the boss, and i have thinked that the complaints of the gamers were reffered to his hard hitting. So, instead of using dungeon map with my glass cannon Coc shadow, i decided to stay safe and do the job with my well defended witch. She has nearly 10k es, nearly 1.100 es regen per second + 2 granite flasks + 2 quicksilver ones.

When i entered the boss room... the sad surprise: the boss does not hit hard (or maybe is my es high.. i don't know)... but it has nearly a billion of fucking skeletons!!!!

It was IMPOSSIBLE to counterplay: in the entire room, there wasn't even a single damned squared inch where staying still and shoot (incinerate)!!!! Even running around the edges of the room with quicksilver and granites up, i continued to take damage without apparently being hit... desync!!!!

What is this shit? And don't come to tell me that all those skellies are for flask recharging purposes, because they could fill at least 30 flasks!!!!

And... riiiiip!!!!

The "genius" that is responsible of this shit should go do the farmer or the fisherman, instead of working in to gaming industry

Try a different build or character if you're feeling things like "Disgust". Brutus is known for being annoying but I've never heard such frustration with him nor any other 66 map boss.

Good luck!
You must do NO damage. I think you should look at increasing your DPS and losing some ES.
"
Did you watch my Video? How i tanked that "hell of Arrows" for 2 mins streight without using a pot?

did it just for you!

https://youtu.be/eyG2YNpIqdU

Sorry for the late, i am back home for an hour or so and i can reply. Good video, you are skilled but...

1) you have on screen half melee skellies + slow other mobs. I had 90% archers + flicker strike ones (=nearly unavoidable damage)

2) i had on screen at least 6-7 times the number of mobs you have (not joking)

3) you could have equally killed all "my" mobs with that super incinerate ok, but you are clearly playing a completed (or very nearly completed) exile, and in fact..

4) ohhh look!!! the mighty righteous fire!!! And the projectiles already on their max extension!!! I am still waiting to grab my damage/speed nodes

5) no sign at all of desync, lags and rubberbanding. For me it was the desync festival, the slow fps festival, the rubberband festival (and no, it wasn't the hook from brutus)

I mean: easy to do this with few mobs on screen, a completed exile and no desync. But try this with a toon still far from its goal. And in fact, many people complain about this fight. All of them are stupid people? I don't think so. I think that instead this fight it's lvl 66 only "on paper", but like Tunnel trap it's lever is higher. Bad tuning of difficulty/mechanic, in a nutshell
"
Barivius wrote:
You must do NO damage. I think you should look at increasing your DPS and losing some ES.

I'll have the damage in 8/9 levels more. I could lose some ES, but i have dreamed forever a toon that doesn't reach low life state every single hard hit :/ In fact, before the skellies, i was facetanking brutus ground slam + those blue flickers only by zealoth oath regen + incinerate's leech... without even need granites :/
In practice, it is like i am constantly under the effect of a quality eternal life flask (=over 1k hp regen/sec). The problem point is not the attack, but the defense: even with such shield/regen/leech, this fight can be dangerous. And it's only a lvl 66 one. How stupid can be this? If i am not the only one complaining... there should be something wrong, right? :/
Last edited by Wispo on Apr 1, 2015, 1:15:06 PM
"
Wispo wrote:
... IF you REALLY are the experts that you pose to, you SHOULD know that a single skelly's arrow can even do a laughable amount of damage (let's say 300 damage), but if you are hitted EVERY SINGLE SECOND by at least 20 arrows... well this means 6k damage per second. Plus brutus.

Ok, now it is clear to see where your problem comes from. If you would have have some dmg mitigration from a chest like "Cloak of Defiance" or "Lightning Coil" and a "Taste of Hate" flask plus a high level "Arctic Armour" running you would not take any dmg at all from these mobs, no matter how many of them would be there.
You really need some sort of dmg mitigration as an incinerate build!
Plus you really need to do some dps with that char. I think 3k tooltip dps would be enough in almost every case (it is easy to reach way more than 5k tooltip dps). In case you do less dps than 3k you really should change some of your treenodes. And last but not least go grab some projectile speed this will help you A LOT with the range of incinerate.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Apr 1, 2015, 1:36:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info