Dungeon Brutus... what is this bullshit? -.-

"
Wooser69 wrote:
Brutus has always been a much tougher fight than other map bosses of the level, but it's nothing compared to the orchard boss. Level 88, 80% resists, positive chaos resist, lvl26AA, nearly 5k life... that thing still hits like a truck, moreso than any level 75+ boss. I really have no clue what damage type his big fireball is but it's seemingly a big ball of fuck you.

The lesson to learn is that there is no reason to fight the map boss on an orchard or jungle valley, and only fight them on dungeon or necropolis if you're sure you're up to snuff. Otherwise, mapping is a cakewalk.

I fear orchard. I have a bunch of them and i don't use them. A task that will be accomplished by my coc shadow (he has ondar guile, and devourers balls are projectiles ;) )
"
Wooser69 wrote:
Brutus has always been a much tougher fight than other map bosses of the level, but it's nothing compared to the orchard boss. Level 88, 80% resists, positive chaos resist, lvl26AA, nearly 5k life... that thing still hits like a truck, moreso than any level 75+ boss. I really have no clue what damage type his big fireball is but it's seemingly a big ball of fuck you.

The lesson to learn is that there is no reason to fight the map boss on an orchard or jungle valley, and only fight them on dungeon or necropolis if you're sure you're up to snuff. Otherwise, mapping is a cakewalk.

Orchard boss's projectiles are pure phys.
Big fireball(from Tunneltrap) is 40% phys + 60% fire listed in poedb database site. Dont know if its 100% accurate. Normal ball from the boss is phys tho, like normal devourers too.
"
Wispo wrote:
Try YOU to kill with a short ranged spell like incinerate an entire room filled with over 50-60 mobs..
3.8k hp, 4k dps arc witch. Yes, 4k. No, no prob. Although it takes time, obviously :)
Short ranged? Try using faster projectiles or quality on that incinerate gem.
Also, you don't have to kill everything in the room, it's Brutus that you want to kill, no?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Wispo wrote:
"
Wooser69 wrote:

I fear orchard. I have a bunch of them and i don't use them. A task that will be accomplished by my coc shadow (he has ondar guile, and devourers balls are projectiles ;) )

Doesn't work against spell projectiles, so unless those fireballs are classified as attacks for some reason I wouldn't bother.
"
Wispo wrote:

Try YOU to kill with a short ranged spell like incinerate an entire room filled with over 50-60 mobs.. 80% of them ARCHERS (i am unlucky.. melee mobs would have been better for incinerate i assume). Non a single second to stand still and shoot, and 3/4 of the room was firing arrows at me. A situation bad even for an ondar guile user. At the very start of the fight, i was perfectly facetanking brutus ground slam by es regen (zealoth oath) + incinerate leech. But after 15 seconds the entire room was filled in a way that i was unable to spot a single free inch of floor

Hmmm, something is really strange here. I can kill every amount of mobs you name with my incinerate guy within the blink of an eye. At stage 4 NOTHING can reach be except for some bosses. And I'm talking about incinerate without rf. Whenever I turn on rf too I'm able to kill even most bosses within the first flask use. I'm not sure what you are doing wrong but your tree has to be terrible for incinerate. For example - if incinerate is "a short ranged spell" for you you don't have enough projectile speed, my char is able to clear almost the entire screen.

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Apr 1, 2015, 12:40:06 AM
GUYS! I DID IT!

https://youtu.be/eyG2YNpIqdU

(just tried.. i was running around for 2 minutes to spawn more skelis, first part of the video is on 2x Speed)
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
"
Wispo wrote:

Try YOU to kill with a short ranged spell like incinerate an entire room filled with over 50-60 mobs..

"
GUYS! I DID IT!

https://youtu.be/eyG2YNpIqdU

(just tried.. i was running around for 2 minutes to spawn more skelis, first part of the video is on 2x Speed)

Such an effort just to make someone look like a fool^^
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Edit: never mind, posted something without refreshing from this morning, didn't see video.
Last edited by Nerdicide on Apr 1, 2015, 2:23:59 AM
"
Wispo wrote:
Today, for the very first time, a dungeon map dropped for me. In the recent past i have (too muck quickly) read about Brutus the boss, and i have thinked that the complaints of the gamers were reffered to his hard hitting. So, instead of using dungeon map with my glass cannon Coc shadow, i decided to stay safe and do the job with my well defended witch. She has nearly 10k es, nearly 1.100 es regen per second + 2 granite flasks + 2 quicksilver ones.

When i entered the boss room... the sad surprise: the boss does not hit hard (or maybe is my es high.. i don't know)... but it has nearly a billion of fucking skeletons!!!!

It was IMPOSSIBLE to counterplay: in the entire room, there wasn't even a single damned squared inch where staying still and shoot (incinerate)!!!! Even running around the edges of the room with quicksilver and granites up, i continued to take damage without apparently being hit... desync!!!!

What is this shit? And don't come to tell me that all those skellies are for flask recharging purposes, because they could fill at least 30 flasks!!!!

And... riiiiip!!!!

The "genius" that is responsible of this shit should go do the farmer or the fisherman, instead of working in to gaming industry

You RIPed to Dungeon Brutus with 10k ES?

OP, try D3, this game is too complicated to you.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info