New Skill Development - Vigilant Strike

"
Splift wrote:
One problem I see is that many non melee builds use "melee" weapons (sceptres, staffs).

Often these builds will find themselves in melee range and could benifet from this skill anyways.

Also offhand swap even for characters that use ranged weapons.

Main thing to ask is what is the duration on fortify? If it is too big, every character in the game could benefit from it. Too short and it would be a nuisance for every build that does not spam the skill (or whatever is linked with the support gem).

The duration we're currently testing with is 8 seconds (As that's twice the cooldown on the skill). We're also considering characters that don't spend all their time in Melee using it, but keeping the effect up at all times isn't anywhere near as easy if you're not always naturally in melee range and don't have speed and damage bonuses with the appropriate weapon.
Balance & Design
"
digdigo wrote:
Inb4 avatar of fire burn prol build.
I approve this message
Saved
Is this a red/strength based gem? I am not great with colors, so just want to make sure.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
"
StrayYoshi wrote:
Seems like a great idea, but I'm starting to wonder if people will still just avoid the whole left side of the tree and go EVA in combination with block and vigilant strike.

The cooldown mechanic seems very interesting, will you guys be adding this only to new gems? I think this would be a great way to improve older gems that are just unusable.

I can just feel the A4 info coming!

A ton of people are already spending most of there time in the right hand of the tree maxing evasion and block, as many do the alternative on the opposite side, every build uses the tree differently and that is a good thing, not a bad one.

The cooldown mechanic already exists on multiple other skills, and often in a similar manner, this is not a new idea, it is an old one already on older gems. Cold Snap and Flicker Strike to be specific share the charge consumption property.
A_Star_Pathfinder
Seems cool, with the act 4 coming up any estimates for game optimization or new graphic settings such as particle density or just overall clutter reduction, or is this just something that isn't coming for a long time?
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
Is this a red/strength based gem? I am not great with colors, so just want to make sure.
Yeah it is.
incoming ECoMS for damage... sick gem
There's also the possibility of using skills that allow for a lot of mobility. Leap Slam is the first that comes to mind. But the duration seems short enough that constantly hopping back and forth to keep the buff up doesn't seem so good.
I feel the want for the abuse of this skill deep in my soul!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info