watching Streamers do the Hardcore one-month, made me realize something

People really don't believe game was designed to be alt f4 in mind heheheheh

hahahha

dats funny.

That's like saying Walrus will be mating with squids to make a walrus squid hybrid that will take over the world.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

hahahha

dats funny.

That's like saying Walrus will be mating with squids to make a walrus squid hybrid that will take over the world.

They didn't design the game with alt+f4 in mind, but they did decide to leave it as a viable option.

Also, I have no idea what the fuck you are trying to say with the walrus-squid alaogy, but please don't try to explain it.
"

hahahha

dats funny.

my spawn is planning world domination. marshmellow
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
kan333 wrote:
"
Open a strongbox in a tight space and many things can go wrong: loading lag, FPS drops, desync, impossible to exectue your escape plan.. whatever.

You know the potentially consequences of performing that action. You actually just listed a lot of potential outcomes. The proper hardcore response to that particular strong box is you don't open it. You eliminate any of those potential problems and make the correct tactical decision to stay alive.

Avoiding everything that could possibly harm me, isn't gonna make gameplay exciting.

Following the "proper hardcore response", as you say, no-one would ever open a strongbox, because the parameters are unknown (location, size, type... of mobs). That would be really boring.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Chris_GGG wrote:
It's currently an accepted playstyle that allows us to design bosses to be more interesting. If you're locked in to *absolutely having to kill it with no hope of escape* then it has to be an easier fight.

Yawn...
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
BigChillin wrote:
"

hahahha

dats funny.

They didn't design the game with alt+f4 in mind, but they did decide to leave it as a viable option.

Also, I have no idea what the fuck you are trying to say with the walrus-squid alaogy, but please don't try to explain it.

hehehehehehe

chaun to the rescure

hehehehehe

wOOOOO
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I hate when some softcore players seem to think that alt+f4 makes hardcore "ezmode". Seriously, play the one month HC league deep into maps with a alt-f4 macro and see for yourself. There's so many situations in this game where it won't help you. If you don't build/gear your character properly (tanky enough), and don't have any skill, you WILL die. An exit macro will not help you when you put yourself in a bad situation and lose all of your health within less than a second.

Have you seen how many RIP messages we get for top 50 players dying in the new league? Do you really think that all of these guys died because they didn't have a macro, and would never die otherwise? I'd bet that the majority of them do at least have an alt+f4 macro made through their gaming keyboard software, and it didn't save them...
Last edited by Nerdicide on Mar 26, 2015, 3:00:07 PM
"
morbo wrote:
Avoiding everything that could possibly harm me, isn't gonna make gameplay exciting.

Following the "proper hardcore response", as you say, no-one would ever open a strongbox, because the parameters are unknown (location, size, type... of mobs). That would be really boring.

You took it too far. You actually know that the negatives fairly out weight the positives in that situation. Exploration and making mistakes is natural. But to know the potential consequences, weight them strongly towards the negative and then do it anyways is just poor playing. How can you be "hardcore" and not accept the consequences of your mistakes. =]
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Chris_GGG wrote:
It's currently an accepted playstyle that allows us to design bosses to be more interesting. If you're locked in to *absolutely having to kill it with no hope of escape* then it has to be an easier fight.

Yawn...

I've never read that quote. That's not even a good example of what we're talking about. They allow people to use a TP at any boss encounter. So they already allow possible escape without resorting to using other methods. Is there another quote somewhere?
"
kan333 wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Chris_GGG wrote:

Yawn...

I've never read that quote. That's not even a good example of what we're talking about. They allow people to use a TP at any boss encounter. So they already allow possible escape without resorting to using other methods. Is there another quote somewhere?

TPs wouldn't work well inside maps in parties, because the whole party shares the portal. So no, TP is not a sufficient argument.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Mar 26, 2015, 3:05:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info