A new trading sytem (forum integration) = bad after all?

one thing they can add is cross instance trading, so i can trade with you without us both having to be in the same zone, thasts something different from search tools and offline trading. even then, do we actually need it?
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Mar 23, 2015, 6:59:10 AM
an indexer by ggg themselves would fix most problems, just because you wouldnt have to rely on a stupid 3rd party program to trade (and please, for the love of god, dont talk about trade chat)
I'd be happy if all they added was the ability to trade with offline players in some capacity.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
I don't trade... but I'm interested academically. Isn't trading pretty much over with? Don't most players have the stuff they want by now? Isn't supply of decent gear at such a level that you can get stuff you "need" for free? Or have you all just redefined "decent" to the point where you think you need better and better stuff just to keep the market game going?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I don't trade... but I'm interested academically. Isn't trading pretty much over with? Don't most players have the stuff they want by now? Isn't supply of decent gear at such a level that you can get stuff you "need" for free? Or have you all just redefined "decent" to the point where you think you need better and better stuff just to keep the market game going?

Many of us start over in new leagues, you know.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
All I want from the new trading system is in game features. Basically, that's more or less what we have now from the official website (shops) and 3rd party websites/softwares (poe.trade, Procurement) but in game. I want to be able to browse items, make a shop and all that in game. Cross-instances trading would be nice too.

But I agree with OP, offline trading sounds a bit unfair to me. Yes, it's always frustrating when that one guy is selling the item you want but did quit like 3 weeks ago. But it's nice when you can get a really good deal for an item because you are online at that moment and Mr Path of Wall Street is not. Same thing applies for selling your items.
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Mar 23, 2015, 7:34:46 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

the shit you read on this forum
IGN: Inshiterate
So this is art? Awful lousy way to make coin
"
Malone wrote:
Any change ( usually suggested ) would lead to automatic trading with bots that would destroy PoE economy.

Current trading system is fine, that's why GGG doesnt plan to update it anymore.

ding ding ding we haz a winar
"
"
Malone wrote:
Any change ( usually suggested ) would lead to automatic trading with bots that would destroy PoE economy.

Current trading system is fine, that's why GGG doesnt plan to update it anymore.

ding ding ding we haz a winar

Yeah, let only botters and pro traders have all the orbs and ex and mirror crafting. By goodness let the casuals trade effectively and the precious economy breaks down.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
one thing they can add is cross instance trading, so i can trade with you without us both having to be in the same zone, thasts something different from search tools and offline trading. even then, do we actually need it?

"worse is better" doesn't really work if the lack of functionality does not in fact lead to a more simple situation for the user.

If your intention is to make gear progression slower in new leagues, then get rid of master crafting or the ability to add people as friends, cause that's what makes it fast. Not looking for the stats you need, finding an item with it, then a buyer and then a buyer selling at a price you can/want to afford. And that is ALL before you even get into what the upcoming trade improvements would help alleviate, which is purely making the item with the right stats that is available to buy at a price you're ok with take less time to actually get a hold of once you find it.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info